RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server Ideas ? !

CJCJDJ

Sorceror
Hello Everyone, I'm looking for some ideas on what you think the perfect server is ? I know everyone has their own preferences and such but I've been toying around with RunUo for a while now and just want to know what people want.
Here are just some examples
Stygian Abyss or Not?
Loads of customs or Not many customs ? (possibly name some you like or give an idea for one)
Super Server (Weapons with 100's of stats) or a Balanced Server ?
Skill Gains - Easy or Hard ?
etc. etc.
I would be very greatful if you could just spend a minute of your time helping me,

Thanks In Advance
CJCJDJ

Vorspire

Knight
There aren't enough UO players left out there to determine what their preferences are and asking a community full of developers and shard admins with an average player count of 10-20 isn't going to get many results TBH.

You're better off deciding what *you* prefer, building it to your style and if people share your opinions, they will come.

patate

Sorceror
The first question about a UO server nowadays should be : Will I get any players so that it's worth I call upon a team to help me for hundreds of hours of developing.

pooka01

Sorceror
Alone coding on my shard for 4 years, 0 players :D
Good luck!

When i was young i played on fully custom shards with gate rooms and hue rooms, but now im completly against, everyone have different ideas, minds, preferences, and they even change with the time. Be ready to create another shard to divide the players possibilities of the others.

If you want your shard to be ready;
- Plan it (not a night-work, prepared and all!)
- Make your documentation on what you changed to not get any bad surprises
- Get peoples with you, so they will play, have fun, talk with them, ask them if they like it, then they will slowly get more peoples
- Make a forum if it has enough success
- Advertise (not here, somewhere else on the internet)
- Keep your players. (good luck with this one)

Barnicoat

Sorceror
Hello Everyone, I'm looking for some ideas on what you think the perfect server is ? I know everyone has their own preferences and such but I've been toying around with RunUo for a while now and just want to know what people want.
Here are just some examples
Stygian Abyss or Not?
Loads of customs or Not many customs ? (possibly name some you like or give an idea for one)
Super Server (Weapons with 100's of stats) or a Balanced Server ?
Skill Gains - Easy or Hard ?
etc. etc.
I would be very greatful if you could just spend a minute of your time helping me,

Thanks In Advance
CJCJDJ

I kind of agree with the population comment above. RUNUO shards are amoung the most popular and at times only have a couple of hundred people on them, but if you're happy having a very small player base, and you're doing it for the right reasons, then you'll be OK.

I kind of like the time period right after renaissance came out (probably because that's when I started playing lol)

I like a few customs, but nothing stupid or neo fluro flashing mounts and stuff like that :p

Balanced server

Skill gains - I prefer towards the hard end of the scale.

:D

CJCJDJ

Sorceror
Thanks For All Your Input !! You've helped me alot, in more than just ideas :) Been doing this for 2 years but to no avail, i guess i will keep plucking becuase life is short and this is what i like doing however hard and stressful at times !

Thanks Again
CJCJDJ