RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sickness System Re-edited V1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch40430

Wanderer
Can someone help me I added the scripts and got this after messing with everything for a little bit....

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 2 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Garden\GardenDeed.cs: CS0162: (line 139, column 7) Un
reachable code detected
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Garden\SecureGarden.cs: CS0162: (line 115, column 10)
Unreachable code detected
- Error: Scripts\Custom\Sickness System 1.9\Sickness\Sickness\SicknessCurePotio
ns.cs: CS0117: (line 41, column 37) 'Server.Mobiles.Sickness' does not contain a
definition for 'None'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Halciet

Sorceror
Taffer said:
can you share your shift command?

I won't be back to the server until Friday afternoon, but if you're still interested in it then, I can post it/send it. I might have to rewrite it to work with the default sickness distro, however, as I merged the sickness system with my custom race and class systems, so that shift is used by vampires, werewolves, and abominations (werewolves who contracted vampirism), with varying stat/skill/body effects depending on the disease.

Let me know.

-Hal

Braun

Wanderer
Players are using the FEED command and puting it in a macro and then hitting it as fast as they can, which is killing other players quick, it is a big disadvantage.

How would I put in a delay timer for the FEED command.

such as, "You must wait ? seconds before you can FEED again"

G

GoldDraco13

Braun said:
Players are using the FEED command and puting it in a macro and then hitting it as fast as they can, which is killing other players quick, it is a big disadvantage.

How would I put in a delay timer for the FEED command.

such as, "You must wait ? seconds before you can FEED again"

I would just lower the amount of damage the FEED command does.

:)

Braun

Wanderer
Thats exactly what I did, now when they try that, they have to stand there longer, thus taking a huge risk of gettign the hell beat out of them, LOL. :cool: ]

But now we have a huge band of Vamps running aorund ganking players at the same time and taking them out quick, looks like they need to get thier own band of Vamp hunters together.

Halciet

Sorceror
I was thinking something along those lines, so I'm currently working on rewriting the PK Gang script to be Good and hunt players with Vampirism. I made vampires weak to silver, so I'm giving the hunters silver daggers and such, just to make it interesting.

-Hal

D

draco

Hey GD. .:)

Is this like, if you get bitten of/by a vampire you get sick?

Greystar

Wanderer
I just found out while editing this that I can make it so that the lovely Vampire (Bitch, cuase she's tough) Queen can now have a small % chance of turning Players into vampires... I made it low so that I wont have prolific vampires running all over the place eating the non-vampire players, but it works.... I did this mostly as an expirament to see if I could take this sickness system and make it possbile to have even mobiles get "The Plague" like they had in Yew when the place turned into a swamp. I think that was part of the Plague beast stuff but it matters not I liked the idea and was trying to emulate it... in doing so I also made it possible to take someone elses idea about 2 steps further... I will be keeping my Eye on this forum though incase someone else comes up with a breakthrough mod for this ;).

H

hudel

Greystar said:
I just found out while editing this that I can make it so that the lovely Vampire (Bitch, cuase she's tough) Queen can now have a small % chance of turning Players into vampires... I made it low so that I wont have prolific vampires running all over the place eating the non-vampire players, but it works.... I did this mostly as an expirament to see if I could take this sickness system and make it possbile to have even mobiles get "The Plague" like they had in Yew when the place turned into a swamp. I think that was part of the Plague beast stuff but it matters not I liked the idea and was trying to emulate it... in doing so I also made it possible to take someone elses idea about 2 steps further... I will be keeping my Eye on this forum though incase someone else comes up with a breakthrough mod for this ;).

hmm,... can you please post what you have changed in the script so that a vamipre can infekt other players? :eek:

H

hudel

I have tried this:

Code:
      public void OnHit( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender )
      {
         if ( defender is BaseCreature )
         {
            attacker.Delete();
            return;
         }

PlayerMobile def = (PlayerMobile) defender;

if ( def.Sick )
         {
            if ( !attacker.Player )
            {
               attacker.Delete();
            }
            return;
         }

def.Sickness = SickFlag.Cold;

if ( attacker.Player == false )
            attacker.Delete();
      }

but it seems not to work. I added this code before the serialize / deserialize section from a skeletton. The skeletton make normale damage but no infektion... I think the chance of an infection should be 100% at the moment...

Halciet

Sorceror
hud, just add something like this:

Code:
public override void OnGaveMeleeAttack( Mobile defender )
{
   base.OnGaveMeleeAttack( defender );

if( defender is PlayerMobile )
   {
      PlayerMobile m = defender as PlayerMobile;
      if( Utility.Random(1, 100) <= 2 && m.Sickness != SickFlag.VampTurn && m.Sickness != SickFlag.PermImmunity && m.Sickness != SickFlag.TempImmunity)
      {
          m.Sickness = SickFlag.VampTurn;
          m.SendMessage( "You have been bitten by a vampire!" );
          m.SendMessage( "You begin to feel strange..." );
      }
   }
}

Not saying that that exact code will work, as your variables might be different (my copy of the system is heavily edited), but that's kind've what you should look into adding. I added similar code to all my vampires, and now they all have a 2% chance of infecting a player with vampirism when they hit them.

-Hal

Greystar

Wanderer
Here is what I did, but the Idea posted before this one should work:

Code:
		public void CreateVampire()
		{
			Map map = this.Map;

if ( map == null )
				return;

IPooledEnumerable eable = map.GetMobilesInRange( this.Location, 2 );
			ArrayList list = new ArrayList();

foreach ( Mobile m in eable )
			{
				if ( m == this || !CanBeHarmful( m ) )
					continue;

if ( m.Player )
				list.Add( m );
			}

eable.Free();

foreach ( Mobile m in list )
			{
				DoHarmful( m );

PlayerMobile Childer = m as PlayerMobile;

Childer.FixedParticles( 0x374A, 10, 15, 5013, 0x496, 0, EffectLayer.Waist );
				Childer.PlaySound( 0x213 );

Childer.Say( "You will now be one of my Childer!" );

int toDrain = Utility.RandomMinMax( 15, 20 );

Childer.Sickness = SickFlag.VampTurn;
				Childer.SendMessage( 0x35, "You have been bitten by a Vampire!" );
				Childer.SendMessage( "You feel begin to feel strange." );

Hits += toDrain;
				Childer.Damage( toDrain, this );
			}
		}

Since I dont really want to become a vampire right off I tested this on a couple of my other players... they of course got annoyed when I didnt tell them what was going to happen, but I got some mild ammusement out of it.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Tru, how would i edit this to put it to use the dovPlayerMobile instead of the distro....as i still use the dov one for my standard race system

do i just copy the edits GD13 had listed in the PlayerMobile into the dovPlayerMobile??

does it matter where?

i had downloaded your version and couldn't figure out any reason it wasn't working...and i looked at akashka, she doesn't appear to drop a vampire heart...nor did the master vampires

also, if a player becomes an ancient, do they drop ancient hearts??

thanks for any help

EDIT: also just to be sure...the ancient heart, is that adding 1000 skill?? as in another GM? :eek:

Code:
pm.SkillsCap += 1000;

NoIdeaNoClue

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
EDIT: also just to be sure...the ancient heart, is that adding 1000 skill?? as in another GM? :eek:

Code:
pm.SkillsCap += 1000;
The +1000 to skillcap is indeed another GM skill (100.0).
:)

I had my Corpse.cs edited to where if someone cut up a corpse of a Master Vampire, they received a Master Heart and if they cut up an Ancient Vampire, they received an Ancient Heart. I knocked it down to where they get a Master Heart whether they kill a Master or an Ancient because everyone was too willing to die to let their buddy become an Ancient Vampire with them. So the only way to become an Ancient Vampire was to kill Akasha and eat her heart.

*******edited to fix typos**********

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i downloaded the one that uses the customPlayerMobile...i use the dovPlayerMobile allready....can i just copy and paste that onto the dov one?

Cool script. Any chance Lycanthropy (werewolves and such) might be added at some point in the future. Would be kinda cool to have a player turn into a wolf durning a specific cycle of the moons. And even a good char turn into an evil wolf so they have to watch the server time durning the moon cycle and lock themselves in a house or get far away from a city before night falls during the cycle.

Thanks.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.