RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Site - Command

twig

Wanderer
[Site - Command

[Site - Command

This is a very simple quick command that will allow your player to open their browser to your shard's website. New players will not need to know your address to go find info or vet players can use it to quickly get to the site forums.

You could easily change & duplicate this to have different commands to open up to different sites... directly to your forums for example... or to where ever you like.

INSTALL
Install is very simple... save this file to your favorite custom scripts location and edit the two clearly marked lines with your shard name and website address. Restart your server and your good to go!!

just type [Site and your browser will open right to your shards site.

!!!! All thanks goes to Sephy for the idea, I just made it work. !!!!

Attachments

• SiteCommand.cs
    897 bytes · Views: 251

Kamron

Knight
I like this idea, its just that when you say
twig said:
New players will not need to know your address to go find info or vet players can use it to quickly get to the site forums.
I think of new players... and if they don't know your site, they sure as hell won't know this command ;)
Good Job though.

Vorspire

Knight
Good job m8... you could also add this to a stone.. on my shard, we have a 'vote & url stone' which features our forums, main website, radio page and launches our vote pages depending on what button you press...

Keep up the good work ^^

Joeku

Lord
Nice job! I would have never thought of this!

The only suggestion I have is to change the command to [Website ([Site can have multiple meanings...)

twig

Wanderer
have your welcometimer tell newbies to use [Site to get you your page... and you have even less work.. hehe

I thought about using [Website for the command.. but I figured 4 leters was easier to rememeber (and faster to type) for most users... ;)

Dave1969

Wanderer
Doesnt work for me

Keeps saying please wait for your webbrowser to start and nothing happens

Code:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Shard Website Command
//
// by TWiG
// 2005
// Alterra : Rebirth of THC  -  http://WoA.twigsjoint.com
//
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Misc
{

public class SiteCommand
	{
		public static void Initialize()
		{
			Server.Commands.Register( "Site", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( SiteCommand_OnCommand ) );
		}

[Usage( "Site" )]
		[Description(  "Opens your browser to the web site for Britannias Warcry."   )] // <----  CHANGE SHARD NAME HERE!!!

public static void SiteCommand_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
		{

e.Mobile.LaunchBrowser(  "http://www.britanniaswarcry.com"  ); // <----  CHANGE SHARD WEBSITE HERE!!!

}
	}
}

twig

Wanderer
Dave1969 said:
Keeps saying please wait for your webbrowser to start and nothing happens

are you using a standard browser?? I have only tested this with IE.. i suppose there may be a browser type that RunUO wont open?

twig

Wanderer
hmmmm.... lets see.. Do you use a pop up blocker?? if so try to turn it off then try it.

Anyone else have the problem??

Kamron

Knight
twig said:
have your welcometimer tell newbies to use [Site to get you your page... and you have even less work.. hehe

I thought about using [Website for the command.. but I figured 4 leters was easier to rememeber (and faster to type) for most users... ;)

You could use both [Website and [Site ;)

twig

Wanderer
It does look like it will work.. not seeing a prob in it.... hehhe I use this on my shard with no probs... :D

No@h

Wanderer
I am using it without any problem. I also added a [forum and a [vote command to it. Thanks for the idea ;)
(+ karma)

twig

Wanderer
this can also be handy to use to have point to help pages or what not that people may use often.. or to a large map when you have a custom map... or even to a radio station.. a video.. or anything realy that you can type into your browser.