RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slave Camp Jail System v 1.0

sirens song

Wanderer

This is a small system used to setup a Mining-Camp style Slave Jail.
Place these into your custom script folder then [add the items in game.

Here is a basic rundown of how the system works
Player has a movable false Hammer (JailHammer) in His/Her hand. There are 2 [properties on this hammer those are Amount and Difficulty.
Difficulty should be an Interger from 1 to 99. 99 being hardest to "mine"
Amount is how much JailRock they need to mine to get out of Jail.

The JailSlaveDriver is a mobile dressed as I deemed appropriate for my shard. He walks around and tells players to get to work etc..
When a player drops him some Jail Rock, he tells them how much more they have to mine. When they have mined all the ore needed to get out of Jail, he will take their Hammer away and tell them something like "get out and dont come back".

At that point the player may Go to the JailTeleporter, (looks like a door) when double clicked it teleports them to a location (set by [props). However if they have a JailHammer in their hands they will simply get a get back to work message.

The way this is Intended to work, Is with the use of another item/system (which I have not included) that teleports the player inside the sealed off "Jail" area and gives them a movable false JailHammer in their hands. When players are caught by the guards on my shard, and Do not escape, They get a Jail hammer with the amount and difficulty set according to their criminal action. (this is assuming they didnt escape the guards).

keep in mind you must set the location that the jailteleporter (door) teleports player too. Otherwise they will be sent to ( 0, 0, 0 )

The Jail Hammer can be used to hit the Jail guards, but then the player will be attacked. The Jail hammer can also hit other players. And lastly players can hit themselves with the hammer. Generating curious little messages which I thought to be cute.

I will support this system to the fullest extent, Just do not claim this work as your own, and please re-dress the SlaveDriver.
Enjoy
Updates
**SlaveDriver now comes Naked, it is up to you to dress him
**Teleporter updated to one that works when walked over
**Teleporter now will not crash server when non playermobile crosses

-Jamie (aka: SirensSong)
special thanks to jjarmis, and Sep102 among others for help
Thanks to Ben11_b for the inspiration

Please inform me of any bugs in the system
Comments are especially appreciated

[EDIT] the main focus of this thread has moved, and can be downloaded on another thread.

Nice Script

OMG thanks! My staff and I were discussing this very idea recently. This will be a perfect addition to my shard. We all thank you for your script and hard work. :)

sirens song

Wanderer
There is one discovered bug.
The jail teleporter has no range check. I decided to add a teleporter in the traditional sense, when walked over teleports players out. Thus stopping players from using last object on it, to teleport from anywhere in the world.

[Edit] I updated the First post to have this new teleporter instead of the OnDoubleClick one

Guadah

Wanderer
Sounds very intersting. I do not know if it will fit our server, but I will speak with the other Administrators.

Nice creativity and originality

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
very nice.

I know that draco coined this very idea.... God I hate him...

Anyways Awsome Job.

sirens song

Wanderer
Can you post a link there please?
I searched the forums for "draco" / "gold_draco" / and any instance of jail or mining or slave....

Honor

Sorceror
DontdroptheSOAD said:
very nice.

I know that draco coined this very idea.... God I hate him...

Anyways Awsome Job.
and god i hate you.

This system is cool, saw one like this on Zevels, wanted one since i played there. Very cool script.

Revolution

Wanderer
THANK YOU for posting these scripts. I remember from suggesting this long ago on the older RunUO forums after looking to a simmilar system on a Sphere shard. I dunno if u read that suggestion but thanks anyway for doing this! Its awesome!

u sue ´jail to put player into jail? and how can i set where is the jail?

sirens song

Wanderer
I only created the jail system. Its up to you to build the Jail and implement a way for players to get put in. Im sure writing a command to stick a hammer with X amount of difficulty and Y Rock amount could be written to teleport the player into a specified location.
Something like
[Jailplayer Y X

If anyone wants help getting guardwhacked players sent to jail, or setting the guards non insta kill. I will help in that manner. Just post your queestion.
-Jamie

sirens song

Wanderer
This is not really an admin-type of jail. I use it when players get caught by the guards. When the guard is called I use a formula implementing Int and Dex as well as the Hiding skill and other aspects of the player. Then this comes up with a random number from 0 to 60.
Then if this random int is >= utilityrandomminmax(0, 100) they can escape the guards by running or killing(hard). If it is less than the random chance they still seem to be able to run, but the guard will catch them and track them, and unhide them, etc. And if they try to escape (ie move 5 tiles from where the guards were called) they get an extended punishment. etc. Theres a ton of conditions, to get players to end up in jail with a movable false hammer in their hands and a difficulty of 90 with 20 jail rock. lol at 90 difficulty even 5 jailrock is a ton of work.
but simpler crimes let them go to jail with a nice setting that they could get out in 5-10 minutes of solid work. (and a no-macro law) is enforced in my custom jail region.(still writing the region) Basically I want to get the JailGuard to Approach players and toss up a gump in a random position on the screen. The gump will be non-closable and non movable. And will stay up for 5 seconds. If they Dont click the ok button on gump then They get their difficulty increased by 5 and Amount increased 15%. The guard should remember the player once they click ok, and he wont ask (send gump) them again for a minimum of but not limited to 5 minutes.
If your macroing the time off this could easily add up to a Lot of Jail time.

-Jamie