RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slave Camp Jail System v 1.0

A_Li_N

Knight
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Razor has the ability to press any gump button. If they record pressing the button once with razor, then they can just loop it and it'll press the button when it sees it again. Also, might want to randomize the timing of the gump as well. like between 2-7 minutes or something. If I think of anything else that will help along these lines, I'll post :D

BTW, Very sweet idea that just makes ya smile thinking about it lol.

sirens song

Wanderer
Iv never actually used Razor Myself. So Im not absolutly sure. Mabye the gump idea isnt a good aproach to stopping macro's in the jail region. perhaps a region that searched for patterns in players movement/clicking would be a better approach? Ideas comments welcome

A_Li_N

Knight
Here's an idea, wild as it might sound :D

Have your jail keeper 'talk' to the player. And if the player doesn't respond with the right response, then they get in more trouble. Now, the players would need to know the responses, but just send them a gump or something.

Or another idea would be to send them a gump with radial buttons on it like the moongates, where they have to select "Yes" or "No" and hit the continue button.

If more come, I'll share :)

jjarmis

Wanderer
ya, a gump wont stop it, even EasyUO can get around that easily... EasyUO can even see the game pixels from the gump and record them and a good scripter (like myself) can figure out what the text says and choose what to do from there. ^_^

The only thing I can think of would be to display a gump and have it give them a random question to which they have to respond correctly, and make the answer buttons be in random locations with random hues(text and images) and random backgrounds etc... The more random you can make it, the harder it will be for a macroer to detect it correctly.

WebSiter

Wanderer
I get some error and crash my server today 4 times. Here is crash log.
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obj ect.
   at Server.Items.JailTeleporter.OnMoveOver(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandom(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandomInHome(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoActionWander()
   at Server.Mobiles.MeleeAI.DoActionWander()
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Think()
   at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Crash: Backing up...done
Crash: Generating report...done
Crash: Restarting...done

I could not find the solution.

jjarmis

Wanderer
This happens whenever a non-PlayerMobile Mobile steps onto the tile... Sirens forgot to check that, and just did the recast without checking first. ^_^ hint hint
hehe

jjarmis

Wanderer
Code:
	public override bool OnMoveOver( Mobile from )
	{
		if ( from is PlayerMobile )
		{
			PlayerMobile fromm = from as PlayerMobile;
			Item In_Hands = fromm.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OneHanded );
			if ( In_Hands is JailHammer )
			{
				fromm.Say("I can't leave yet, I still have work to do.");
				return true;
			}
			else
			{
				fromm.X = Xmap;
				fromm.Y = Ymap;
				fromm.Z = Zmap;
				return false;
			}
		}
	}

That is what it should look like to stop the error... note this is in the JailTeleporter.cs incase you didn't know. :)

sirens song

Wanderer
jjarmis, you have to have an else to go with this line..
Code:
if ( from is PlayerMobile )
		{

Sorry about that little problem, guys. I updated the corrected code on the download.

jjarmis

Wanderer
well... technically no you don't, you just have to have a return at the end of the override. :) But ya, ur right I forgot to handle that. :)

Machshock

Wanderer
dude I cannot figure out how to use this? what are the commands how do i set the diffuculty on the pplayers? can you give me some info.

Lostmansss

Wanderer
Its not a system for jailing, but is used to make them do something while they are jailed. You get a custom jail system and edit it to use these items.

brandon948

Wanderer
I haven't downloaded it yet because I'm trying to think of a way to implement this into my server but I have to say, awesome script. Probably one of the best I've seen. Good work.