RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slot Machine

Zulu

Wanderer
TomC said:
Zulu is very creative and generous with his scripts. I don't think he'd offer up snap shots and not ship it off to the community.

I just hope this doesn't delay the dartboard deco, item and gumps I sent him.

I like to test my scripts before I release them. Sometimes it takes a few weeks to work out bugs, test, etc. Right now it's running on my test shard and it will go into the public shard this week. After a couple of weeks there, I will release it or if I feel its working. I do get better reports / feed back when I release it early.

I have already started to work on the dart board deco. This is going to be cool.

Zulu

Wanderer
gosh, my aim is a bit off...

nerun

Sorceror
Suggestion for slot machine rewards:

Some rewards are money, the player receive in gold!!! then the gold is dropped in the ground because anybody have str.

make the reward be in Bank Checks ;)

Kingoflodis

Wanderer
Umm im sorta new to adding custom scripts and things to RunUO, if there isnt a custom folder in the scripts should i make one? And if i did that how do i make the slotmachine? if the script works will i be able to use cat's gmtool to place it in the game?

stormwolff

Knight
Kingoflodis said:
Umm im sorta new to adding custom scripts and things to RunUO, if there isnt a custom folder in the scripts should i make one? And if i did that how do i make the slotmachine? if the script works will i be able to use cat's gmtool to place it in the game?

Yes you need to make your own custom folder. If a script is posted on the forum you copy and paste it into notepad and save as a .cs file then put that file into your custom folder. If the script is in a zip you download the zip and unzip it then move the contents into your custom folder. Please note some scripts have their own instrucitons either in the main posting or in the zip.

Calidoch

Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu
Does anyone have a suggestion on what can be done to fix this?

I modified the script slightly to give bankchecks instead of gold for all winnings over 5k.

I once saw slot machines with bankers placed upstairs. Another nifty fix to the question.

Until...............

godfood

Sorceror
Hey zulu, I'm saddened to see so little in this thread...That dart board looks awsome. Do you still plan to finish/release it?

Zulu

Wanderer
godfood said:
Hey zulu, I'm saddened to see so little in this thread...That dart board looks awsome. Do you still plan to finish/release it?

I haven't had time to finish the dart board. I have been busy coding with work stuff, haven't had a lot of time to work on scripts for runuo.

Zulu

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
blackjack is dumb doesnt allow u to split :(

Like a LOT of other people have already done, code your own version of split. That was done about six months ago.

cward, I have never seen anything positive from him.

Revolution

Wanderer
How can i set the machine to use tokens instead of gold and instead of paying gold pay tokens (on dupre's system)?
I tried to change Gold to Token and i got tons of errors...

Roseanne

Wanderer
Can you tell us the best way to modify the formula for pay offs? I modified the bonus round items to things I thought I'd like to win if I was going to take the chance & I changed most gold pay outs to be in the form of checks. Most importantly I adjusted the modifier to 32 & I adjusted the utility.random to 10/100 in hopes of better pay outs (which it sure did give much better payouts - may have to increase the cost of the bet to balance it out some lololol) ... I guess I don't quite understand how each of these variables directly affects the pay off... how do i know exactly what the chances of get'n a milgp payoff, or how often the bonus round will come up... I'm changing things and testing them, seeing a result, but I don't feel I'm comprehending what's really going on when I make these changes *giggles* I was also wondering how to make it check your weight and maybe put the checks/gold in your bank for you

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Zulu said:
Like a LOT of other people have already done, code your own version of split. That was done about six months ago.

cward, I have never seen anything positive from him.
lol version of split? wtf
when you recieve two matching cards in blackjack u can SPLIT and play each as a seperate hand

Hammerhand

Knight
beebee;818723 said:
Can't even unzip this file says the file is corrupted
Its also over 5 years old. I'd be surprised if it worked on a server even if you could open it. Search in script submissions for a newer one. There are some that were done a year or 2 ago that should work.