RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' WoW OnSite Dueling System

Jeff

Lord
Sorious' WoW OnSite Dueling System

Those of you that have played WoW(World of Warcraft) will get this system right off the bat. Those of you that don't I will try to explain it.

NEW THREAD

CURRENT VERSION = 1.1.8 - This version is not stability tested. Use at your own risk.

Update 1.1.7
-Fixed a bug that didnt allow faction players to duel.

Update 1.1.7
-Fixed a exploit that allowed the duel initiator to start more then one duel at once.
-Updated NortoietyAdditions.txt

Update 1.1.6
-Fixed a crash bug thanks to blueocean.
-Added some extra exploit securities thanks to XxSP1DERxX

Update 1.1.5
-Revamped duel accept timer, should work better now.
-No Bandage option on the duel gump wasnt working, now it is.

Update 1.1.4
-You can no longer duel someone if you have a faction sigil.
-You can no longer challenge offline players.

Update 1.1.3
-Fixed a potential bug that would cause players to be invulnerable on restart.

Update 1.1.2
-Fixed the images, they should display properly on the gumps now.
-All pets and mounts should return to the player at the end of the duel.(Untested)

Update 1.1.1
-Fixed a crash bug thanks to Seven for finding it and Jakob for the fix.

Update 1.1.0
-Added a AWSOME gump for dueling options, this is one of my coolest looking gumps to date.
-Options are as follows
-Magic Weapons - Allow/Disallow magic weapons
-Magic Armor - Allow/Disallow magic armor
-Potions - Allow/Disallow potions
-Bandaids - Allow/Disallow bandaids
-Pets - Allow/Disallow pets( this will stable your pets )
-Mounts - Allow/Disallow mounts( this will stable your mount )
-KeepScore - Allow/Disallow scorekeeping
-5X or 7X gm - really only checks 5X.
-All items that are not allowed will be placed in a red bag within your bank.
-Cleaned up the code in a few areas.

PICTURE OF OPTIONS GUMP

Update 1.0.0
-The dueling post will stay for the length of the fight, upon winning/losing the match it will fly back up into the air and disappear.
-Both duelers will be invulnerable for 10 seconds after the duel. This was put in so that dexers will not get guardwacked after the match is over. This gives enough time for each party to be able to re-equip or leave after the duel incase of a gank situation.

These are the options I have made available for some customization. They are in OnSiteCore.cs.
Code:
        private static int m_MaxDist = 30;                                      //Sets the max distance a player can run from another player without ending the duel.
        private static bool m_WorldBroadcastWins = true;                        //If true will broadcast the winner of each duel.
        private static bool m_KeepScore = true;                                 //Turn the score keeping system on/off;
        private static bool m_UseCommand = true;                                //Turn the command to duel on/off.
        private static string m_ChallengeString = "i challenge thee to a duel"; //String used to start a duel.
        private static string m_DuelCommand = "OnSiteDuel";                     //The command players can call to duel someone.
        private static string m_GetPointsString = "showpoints";                 //String used to get your duelpoints.
        private static ArrayList m_CurrentDuels;                                //This is the container for each duel in progress
        private static Hashtable m_PointsTable;                                 //Points tracker.
        private static string m_SavePath = Path.Combine( Core.BaseDirectory, "Data\\WoWDuelSaves\\scores.bin" );//Save path.

How it works
The player uses the command [onsiteduel. They will recieve a target cursor and be told to select the player they wish to duel. After selecting a player a "duel request flag" will drop from the sky between the 2 players. The targeted player will recieve a gump to either accept or decline the duel. On accepting the duel both players will become orange to each other and a 5 second timer will count down to the start of the duel. At this point both players will be invulnerable to all other players and all other players invulnerable to them. The 2 players are now free to roam around and fight each other untill A. one of them dies, or B. the distance between them becomes more then 30 tiles( about 2 screens). When the loser dies all items from his/her corpse are put back into their backpack and their corpse is removed.

Installation
If you have a distro Notoriety.cs script the installation is simple.
1. Drop Notoriety.cs into your Scripts\Misc folder and overwrite the previous.
2. Stick OnsiteCore.cs & AcceptGump.cs into any folder you wish in Script\.

If you have a modified Notoriety.cs script.
1. Download the NotorietyAdditions.txt attached to this thread and follow the directions.
2. Stick OnsiteCore.cs & AcceptGump.cs into any folder you wish in Script\.

Future Additions
No plans at the moment.

Known bugs
None at the moment.

My Disclaimer
This system has been tested but only by myself. It is currently in Alpha and I do not condone putting this system on a live server until it has a fairly good track record.
You may use this system and modify the scripts according to your needs as long you do not take complete credit for it. If you wish to use this in any scripts that your intend to release to the public, please just ask me first.

stu

Wanderer
OUTSTANDING! this will go in IMMEDIATLY! wow! great work!If you would like to see your system live and in work on a server with a small population and do some bug testing, hit me on icq 12294663. Im gonna try and squeeze a restart in with this this evening without my players having a stroke! lol

Asmir3

Sorceror
Bug found one is when it send the gump where someone challenge you instead oh saying there name it says {0} has challenge you no name hehe. Another bug is when you challenge someone and they dont accept and you try to challenge them again it dont send the gump it says "You slap yourself across the face and declare yourself the winner" but the thing is it wont send the gump again to duel the same person even like after 5 mins i tryed and wont send the gump to face the same person again.

Suggestion is you need to make either the gump to stay up until the decline or accept or you need to make this into player speech

stu

Wanderer
system is flawless on my system, im not receiving the above errors. the ONE bug we have found so far is that it lists the players serials in the "X has defeated Y in a duel" message.

Jeff

Lord
Asmir3 said:
Bug found one is when it send the gump where someone challenge you instead oh saying there name it says {0} has challenge you no name hehe. Another bug is when you challenge someone and they dont accept and you try to challenge them again it dont send the gump it says "You slap yourself across the face and declare yourself the winner" but the thing is it wont send the gump again to duel the same person even like after 5 mins i tryed and wont send the gump to face the same person again.

Suggestion is you need to make either the gump to stay up until the decline or accept or you need to make this into player speech
Ya the {0} bug i caught just after i released it but didnt wanna just do a update for that, the "slap yourself in the face" thing should only happen if you challenge yourself, please check that again i have a feeling your challenging yourself cause i cant duplicate this issue.

The Accept decline will stay up for 30 seconds, after that it will release incase the person is afk.

stu said:
the ONE bug we have found so far is that it lists the players serials in the "X has defeated Y in a duel" message.
ill include a fix for this in the next release.

Jeff

Lord
otimpyre said:
During this duel how do monsters react to the players.
No idea, would be great if that were tested and results were shown to me. I can only assume they would still attack. :/

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
wow excellent system i've never thought about this before! cool this could be very interesting. do the players get an extra kill because i know players on the shard i'm working on would set up another account jsut to e top of the pvp list. perhaps you could try and make some kinda guard. i don't know how doale it is ut i've suggested now.

and again loverly system!

Kieran

Dave1969

Wanderer
Seems Nice but its very familiar to Arte Gordons xmlpoints

Seems Nice but its very familiar to Arte Gordons xmlpoints. He may deserve some props for this:D

okyzan

Wanderer
this is good but you forgot the most important thing for it.in wow when duel there is no body dying.when the hp decreased very much your opponent begging you for not kill him :)

Jeff

Lord
okyzan said:
this is good but you forgot the most important thing for it.in wow when duel there is no body dying.when the hp decreased very much your opponent begging you for not kill him :)
I know, but i got lazy :p i hate doing animations :)

Dave1969 said:
Seems Nice but its very familiar to Arte Gordons xmlpoints. He may deserve some props for this
Well considering I've not once used ArteGordon's System and not once seen it, maybe not, but I will admit he is one hell of a programmer and give him props for that :p

Anvil

Wanderer
How does this affect the current UO system where as a criminal (grey/red) can be attacked by any blue player or a red attacking a blue in Felucca? Does this disable that option or is this only for 2 blue players to pvp or is this just an addition to allow blues to pvp without going crim?

Jeff

Lord
Anvil said:
How does this affect the current UO system where as a criminal (grey/red) can be attacked by any blue player or a red attacking a blue in Felucca? Does this disable that option or is this only for 2 blue players to pvp or is this just an addition to allow blues to pvp without going crim?
it only effects the players while they are dueling, when the 2 players are dueling everyone around them is invulnerable and same goes in reverse. The duelers that are dueling become aroange to each other.This is the only time Noto is messed with. It will not mess with and thing else.