RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' WoW OnSite Dueling System

DevXLX

Sorceror
More bugs->

I can challenge multiple people at the sametime..
And when 1 guy accepts, all the other people I challenged become invulnerable for the time im dueling the guy that accepted....

Shouldnt you only be able to challenge 1 person at a time?
Otherwise I can forsee people making all their friends invulnerable by just challenging them all.

/X

Jeff

Lord
DevXLX said:
More bugs->

I can challenge multiple people at the sametime..
And when 1 guy accepts, all the other people I challenged become invulnerable for the time im dueling the guy that accepted....

Otherwise I can forsee people making all their friends invulnerable by just challenging them all.

/X
I had thought i accounted for that, lemme look.

Jeff

Lord
K try it now, it should compile, i dont have UO to test it on atm but it should work. Updated :)

Jeff

Lord
DevXLX said:
Just wanted to say, that you are only invulnerable to the challenger, so for instance, if this happened the ppl invulnerable outside the duel are not invulnerable to other ppl outside the duel jsut those in the duel, dunno if that helped, my own explination is kinda tough for me to understand lol

mehla

Sorceror
Is anyone else having the issue that faction members cannot type [onsiteduel only non faction members can.

DevXLX

Sorceror
Im afraid I come with more bugs :/

* I challenged an offline player, it told me I cant.. however now im unable to challenge anyone because it still tells me I already challenged a player.
The offline player obviously cant get any accept gump, so im just unable to challenge anyone anymore, it doesnt seem to time out either.

* Other players can still challenge me, even though I have an open challenge to someone else and waiting for his reply. (I could potentially forsee severel duels starting at once with the same players involved when you are able to still be challenged after you challenged another person..) To be effective, it should be impossible to be challenged if you challenged someone and are waiting for his reply, ofcourse there should be a timer timing out your challenge if he never replies (WoW also has that).

* This last part is a suggestion. We players wondering why invulnerable guys are running around fighting lol. Would it be possible to add a name-tag for the time the duel lasts or something? anything that shows other people that these 2 are in a duel currently.

But anyway :)

in WoW it would just say "target is already dueling", something like that :)
You could only duel if you had no challenge open from another person, had sent no challenge to another person, and was not currently in a duel.

/X

Jeff

Lord
DevXLX said:
Im afraid I come with more bugs :/

* I challenged an offline player, it told me I cant.. however now im unable to challenge anyone because it still tells me I already challenged a player.
The offline player obviously cant get any accept gump, so im just unable to challenge anyone anymore, it doesnt seem to time out either.

* Other players can still challenge me, even though I have an open challenge to someone else and waiting for his reply. (I could potentially forsee severel duels starting at once with the same players involved when you are able to still be challenged after you challenged another person..) To be effective, it should be impossible to be challenged if you challenged someone and are waiting for his reply, ofcourse there should be a timer timing out your challenge if he never replies (WoW also has that).

* This last part is a suggestion. We players wondering why invulnerable guys are running around fighting lol. Would it be possible to add a name-tag for the time the duel lasts or something? anything that shows other people that these 2 are in a duel currently.

But anyway :)

in WoW it would just say "target is already dueling", something like that :)
You could only duel if you had no challenge open from another person, had sent no challenge to another person, and was not currently in a duel.

/X
Bleh, ok after looking at a few things, im gonna change alot of code, so gimmie a little bit of time on the next release.

mehla

Sorceror
Sorious said:
Bleh, ok after looking at a few things, im gonna change alot of code, so gimmie a little bit of time on the next release.

Well, Sorious, if it means anything I would like to personally thank you for this code. I has put a lot of fun on my shard and I appreciate it.

I look forward to your next release whenever that is.......

-Mehla

Jeff

Lord
mehla said:
Well, Sorious, if it means anything I would like to personally thank you for this code. I has put a lot of fun on my shard and I appreciate it.

I look forward to your next release whenever that is.......

-Mehla
Ya im working on some thing big atm, i got alot of rewriting todo on this to get rid of a exploit i found. Thanks for you reply tho :)

Twice

Wanderer
I was wondering, if there was 500 players on a shard, and all of the decided to duel eachother, at the same time, so that would be 250 duels, would that lag a server?

-2x

Jeff

Lord
Twice said:
I was wondering, if there was 500 players on a shard, and all of the decided to duel eachother, at the same time, so that would be 250 duels, would that lag a server?

-2x
yes, i think it would be a great strain. the chances of that happening are slim to none though

G

Grom09

is there any way to find a dueling system with "i wish to duel" command,
and also i dont know the commands for dueling if i take this one,
the other dueling system was very good =/