RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' WoW OnSite Dueling System

Warloxx

Sorceror
Question, I want to dissable PvP (People Victumizing People) but I would like to have a duel system Like this. If I dissable PvP will I still be able to use this system?

S

Savaal

Yes, but poeople killing eachother all the time is what makes uo fun :)

Jeff

Lord
Warloxx said:
Question, I want to dissable PvP (People Victumizing People) but I would like to have a duel system Like this. If I dissable PvP will I still be able to use this system?
yes it should work fine.

DevXLX

Sorceror
I played WoW, and your duel system seems really nice.

Just 1 question.
What prevents a player from challenging a friend and become invulnerable this way to other players? I can see a lot of abuse going on at servers where people avoid getting killed in factions or O/C wars, or PKs avoid getting killed by Antis or Blues avoid getting killed by PKs or Sigil carriers avoid being killed by faction pvps.. etc...

Are there anything preventing these things?

If not, id suggest that to start a duel, 3 things are required:
A: Youve not recently attacked or been attacked.
B: Youve got full health & mana.
C: Youre not under the affect of any stat changing effects.

Really nice system though !

PS.
I can challenge offline players it seems.

/X

Jeff

Lord
DevXLX said:
A: Youve not recently attacked or been attacked.
You cant start a duel if you have fought within the last 30 secs( unless the agro timer is different on your server )
DevXLX said:
B: Youve got full health & mana.
The system will give you full mana and health when you start, this way you can back to back duel someone. There is no reason for it to NOT do this. Since you cant be in a fight and use the system, it doesnt matter that it does this.
DevXLX said:
C: Youre not under the affect of any stat changing effects.
It will remove all effects.

DevXLX said:
Sigil carriers avoid being killed by faction pvps.. etc...

I can challenge offline players it seems.

Seems these are the only 2 things i should check for :)

Jeff

Lord
DevXLX said:
I can block off people with tons of duel flags by re-sending a challenge over and over to the same player.

/
HAHAHAHAHA, thats awsome. Ok ill see what I can do.

Greystar

Wanderer
Sorious said:
HAHAHAHAHA, thats awsome. Ok ill see what I can do.

I know the challenge system on SWG has some kind of setting that if you already challenged them it just sends a message saying this player has already been challenged by you. Where "this player" = players name.

S

Savaal

YAY, sorious i found a bug arent ou happy, I saw a player duel another player the other one never accepted so the one that asked whent afk the duel post was still next to him i figured it would time out soon but it didn't so i ended up having to restart for sonthing don't remember what but when shard was back up post was still there had to remove it manualy would suck to have a bunch of these posts laying somewhere ya know just hougth i'd let ya know.

S

Savaal

I found another bug, bandies arent banked when you disable them in options.

Jeff

Lord
Savaal said:
YAY, sorious i found a bug arent ou happy, I saw a player duel another player the other one never accepted so the one that asked whent afk the duel post was still next to him i figured it would time out soon but it didn't so i ended up having to restart for sonthing don't remember what but when shard was back up post was still there had to remove it manualy would suck to have a bunch of these posts laying somewhere ya know just hougth i'd let ya know.
uhh It shoulda timed out after 30 seconds and deleted itself.

Jeff

Lord
Bleh reguardless of my last 2 posts, those 2 things should be fixed in the new update Savaal
Just download the new one.

DevXLX

Sorceror
Sorious said:
Bleh reguardless of my last 2 posts, those 2 things should be fixed in the new update Savaal
Just download the new one.

Is this a fault on my side or yours??
pre-patch it worked fine, but now its giving just 1 lil error :)

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Custom Systems\OnSiteDueling 1[1].1.5\OnSiteCore.cs: CS
0117: (line 747, column 25) 'Server.Item' does not contain a definition for 'Add
'

Greystar

Wanderer
DevXLX said:
Is this a fault on my side or yours??
pre-patch it worked fine, but now its giving just 1 lil error :)

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Custom Systems\OnSiteDueling 1[1].1.5\OnSiteCore.cs: CS
0117: (line 747, column 25) 'Server.Item' does not contain a definition for 'Add
'

I had the same error... typo on that line should be items instead of item