RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soul Points - Avoid banalization of Death

Revolution

Wanderer
Soul Points - Avoid banalization of Death

I saw this on a shard (in sphere), its a really nice idea for RP shards: Getting rid of the stupid idea of Death (u die, u revive, u die 3 sec. later, u revive, and so goes on).
Soul Points, are the limited number of how many times a player can revive, and when his soul points reaches 0, he cannot be revived, until de restores a death point (something like, every 12 hours).
This is nice for RP, so players will have to work in groups, be careful, and think wisely!
Can anyone script this?

And some addon (some ppl might not like it), if a player losts all his soul points when his fame is zero, he can become a haunted soul, he will be able to steal players soul points, based on his spirit speak, so he can revive and even get some extra soul points, but he must be careful, if he tries to steal a player soul point, and this player spirit speak is higher than the haunted soul, he will lost a soul point, instead of getting one...

I saw this on a shard (in sphere)

This isn't Sphere, this is RunUO. Not only that, but this forum is NOT a request forum, which is what your entire post is. This forum is only for exact OSI stuff to be put into the distro. Nice idea, btw... good luck scripting it.

Not a real good idea...

Death is an essential part of UO. If its from a murder or lag killing bug. Death happens to every player! Another flaw about soul point stealing. People would go and pick on newbies for soulpoints then!

Gorelord13

Wanderer
Well then he could just limit it so that no one who is young or so that people who have under 50 spirit speak cannot be targeted or something, that would make it so that people who have under 50 spirit speak wont be able to be targeted and that they have a very low chance of stealing one from someone else, so if they raise it then they can be pickpocketed, it evens out

Thagoras

Sorceror
Well, I remember when I joined I didn't pay attention to the date of when the thread ended. I mean, I still do necro old posts from time to time...but I'm aware of it now. I think we've just had a number of new people joining who are just searching the forums, looking for cool things to add to their servers (or at least play with) and they're having difficulty getting them to work.