RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Editor 2

Grinder

Sorceror
what i had done was put the two separate folders (spawneditor_support and spawneditor2) into the folder i made for the prog, so that the files contained in each were still in their respective folders....didnt work that way......but when i put all the files from both folders in a single folder then it worked.

Hope that makes sense.

anyway thanks for the help

ArteGordon

Wanderer
RunUO 2.0 update
6/16/06

- added the transferserver-20-v105.rar package that contains the TransferServer scripts that work under RunUO 2.0. This will allow the editor to communicate with RunUO 2.0 servers.

XenoWolf

Wanderer
I can't get spawn editor to work correctly..

I have .NET 1.1 and 2.0, I ran the setup.bat sucessfully. When I start Spawn Editor, I put in the paths to RunUO.exe and the UO client. That works, but when it finally starts to run the program it gives an error:

"Configuration Error!"

"Error loading the required RunUO executables."

"System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the file 'RunUO.exe' is invalid."

I click OK, and the program loads... but I'm wary whether to go ahead using it or not.

Ceph

Sorceror
allright ive went thorugh this post skimmed and i didnt see my problem i saw a few possable solutions non worked (resetting server in setup, putting files in install dir etc.)
the first is a runuo 2.0 bug because it works fine with runuo 1.0
error1 is what i get when i start the editor wuth runuo2.0 exe in setup

error 2 is what i get when i try to connect to the server(get spawners merge spawners in transfer server settings) (only tried this in 2.0 with 2.0 server scripts installed)

Attachments

• error1.GIF
    error1.GIF
    23.1 KB · Views: 19
  • error2.gif
    error2.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 14

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ceph said:
allright ive went thorugh this post skimmed and i didnt see my problem i saw a few possable solutions non worked (resetting server in setup, putting files in install dir etc.)
the first is a runuo 2.0 bug because it works fine with runuo 1.0
error1 is what i get when i start the editor wuth runuo2.0 exe in setup

error 2 is what i get when i try to connect to the server(get spawners merge spawners in transfer server settings) (only tried this in 2.0 with 2.0 server scripts installed)
yes, I will be posting an updated executable under .net 2.0 that will fix that.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
RunUO 2.0 update
6/25/06

- added the SpawnEditor2-20-v118.rar package that contains the SpawnEditor executable that works under RunUO 2.0. This will allow the editor to read RunUO 2.0 server executables.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Either executable will run fine in standalone, but when they try to read type information out of the server, that is when you need the correct .NET version of the executable to match the server.

I also added a minor compatibility update to the transfer server and transferserver.dll under .net2.0 in TransferServer-20-v105a.rar, but it doesnt appear to be essential. If you had the earlier RunUO 2.0-compatible transfer server running it should be fine.

Ceph

Sorceror
new version works now thanks, however the second error still occurs, do i have something set up incorrectly?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ceph said:
new version works now thanks, however the second error still occurs, do i have something set up incorrectly?

try installing the updated transferserver.dll in the transferserver-20-105a.rar file

Ceph

Sorceror
ArteGordon said:
try installing the updated transferserver.dll in the transferserver-20-105a.rar file

tried that, i applaud the attempt, but still the same thing

that option doesnt do anything i cant do with the server on local machine does it?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ceph said:
tried that, i applaud the attempt, but still the same thing

that option doesnt do anything i cant do with the server on local machine does it?

well, then I am guessing that it has something to do with the zlib.dll. The RunUO 2.0 server has a different zlib included. Try adding this zlib.dll into the RunUO server folder.

Attachments

• zlib.rar
    24.7 KB · Views: 15

Ceph

Sorceror
ArteGordon said:
well, then I am guessing that it has something to do with the zlib.dll. The RunUO 2.0 server has a different zlib included. Try adding this zlib.dll into the RunUO server folder.

bingo.
thanks man it works now

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ceph said:
bingo.
thanks man it works now....but uh, how do i transfer spawns i just made fromt he editor tot he server (or load the .dat file)

with the transfer server running you can just pick the ones you want and press the 'Send to Server' button in the spawner list panel on the left to send them all to the server.

You can send individual spawners by pressing the 'Send to Server' button in the Spawn Details panel (select the Details check box)

(edit)

note, that if you right-click those buttons, you will get the option Unload (remove) the spawners from the server instead of adding them to the server.

Ceph

Sorceror
ArteGordon said:
with the transfer server running you can just pick the ones you want and press the 'Send to Server' button in the spawner list panel on the left to send them all to the server.

You can send individual spawners by pressing the 'Send to Server' button in the Spawn Details panel (select the Details check box)

(edit)

note, that if you right-click those buttons, you will get the option Unload (remove) the spawners from the server instead of adding them to the server.
i figured it out, thanks for the help file, nice tip about the unloading tho, i didnt know that and was wondering about it, thanks again

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ceph said:
i figured it out, thanks for the help file, nice tip about the unloading tho, i didnt know that and was wondering about it, thanks again

right click also works with some of the other buttons. Check out the tool tips which generally explain the features.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
- added a copy of zlib.dll to the transferserver-20-v105b.rar package to deal with transfer message problems people have been having with the 2.0 server. Just place it in the main RunUO installation folder along with the RunUO.exe server executable.