RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Editor 2

Courageous

Wanderer
Arte,

The file "TransferServer-v105.rar" has scripts in it that reference a "TransferMessage" object that is defined no where. I believe the file is missing?

C//

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Courageous said:
Arte,

The file "TransferServer-v105.rar" has scripts in it that reference a "TransferMessage" object that is defined no where. I believe the file is missing?

C//
that is taken care of in TransferServer.dll

Courageous

Wanderer
And for the record, here's why it didn't work:

I installed the .dll but missed the Assemblies.cfg step.

So, if the TransferMessage object is not found, and TransferServer.dll is in your RunUO runtime directory, then the problem is that the .dll is missing in the cfg file...

C//

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I have skimmed through most of this and saw a couple of mentions of it but nothing definative, so i will ask....

Can you completly set up XML quests through this or not?

if not, is there any plan to incorperate this into the program? the main reason i went with xml spawner is to be able to use the quest system, and i think it would be nice to be able to do it here and create a seperate spawn pack for the individual quests....rightnow, my options are to create a seperate server create and save the spawn pack, then transfer to another machine with the server on it and then load the quest

anyways, thanks for your time and info

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
I have skimmed through most of this and saw a couple of mentions of it but nothing definative, so i will ask....

Can you completly set up XML quests through this or not?

if not, is there any plan to incorperate this into the program? the main reason i went with xml spawner is to be able to use the quest system, and i think it would be nice to be able to do it here and create a seperate spawn pack for the individual quests....rightnow, my options are to create a seperate server create and save the spawn pack, then transfer to another machine with the server on it and then load the quest

anyways, thanks for your time and info

You can completely configure the spawners for quests and load/unload them via the transfer server, but configuring npc dialogs (the .npc files) still requires use of the [xmledit command, or manual editing of .npc files.
I have considered incorporating the [xmledit functionality into the editor.

Works like a charm, but just to report:
When you change the homerange or spawnrange and have the map display the range density, the map window does not get updated. Don't remember right now, which one. But this is only a cosmetical issue. ;)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Sotho Tal Ker said:
Works like a charm, but just to report:
When you change the homerange or spawnrange and have the map display the range density, the map window does not get updated. Don't remember right now, which one. But this is only a cosmetical issue. ;)

ok, I just tried it and I see what you mean.
When I changed homerange in the Details panel, and then moved the mouse into the map window over a spawner to bring up the mouseover display of spawner properties, the 'Avg Spawn per 32x32 area' field changed to reflect the new values, but if the 'Shade by Density' was selected, the shading wasnt updated to reflect that new value.
This also happens if you change the maxcount on the spawner.

I'll check the updating on the density display.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Lo Arty now i got XMLSpawner updated i tried this out, after downloading installed and browsing through the posts i got my custom Map to load.

Now everything works fine, just one little annoyance.
The spawner seems ot be using up 309,692k Memory according to Task Manager.. this is over twice as much as Javaw.exe running azureus with 11connections.
This slows down the usage of the spawner even with alot of backround apps closed down..
Any way of reducing the memory usage? or becaus eof the size of the mul files it is reading is this hard to do?

It's no biggy just makes me go slower :) Spose will help me to prevent mistakes :p

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Ok new issue, i just installed the Transferserver and get a Language Runtime Debugging Services error :)
Spacifically
"Process id=0xe98 (3736), Thread id=0x7a4 (1956)"
It wont debug so i am guessing the error is to do with my data\assemblies.cfg file.
I added the .dll's in there but i guess there wrong.
Here is what my assemblies says

Code:
System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll
TransferServer.dll

BoxServer.dll

Is it in the wrong order or placed wrong?
Thanks in advance

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I just say my post and saw the duplicate "System.Runtime.Remoting.dll"

removed it and it still does the same.

I got a crash report witch reads
Code:
Exception:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
   at Server.TileMatrixPatch.PatchStatics(TileMatrix matrix, String dataPath, String indexPath, String lookupPath)
   at Server.TileMatrixPatch..ctor(TileMatrix matrix, Int32 index)
   at Server.TileMatrix..ctor(Map owner, Int32 fileIndex, Int32 mapID, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at Server.Map.get_Tiles()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
LFFPicard said:
Lo Arty now i got XMLSpawner updated i tried this out, after downloading installed and browsing through the posts i got my custom Map to load.

Now everything works fine, just one little annoyance.
The spawner seems ot be using up 309,692k Memory according to Task Manager.. this is over twice as much as Javaw.exe running azureus with 11connections.
This slows down the usage of the spawner even with alot of backround apps closed down..
Any way of reducing the memory usage? or becaus eof the size of the mul files it is reading is this hard to do?

It's no biggy just makes me go slower :) Spose will help me to prevent mistakes :p

you mean that the spawneditor2.exe process is using 309M? I get something more like 30M.
One thing to check to to make sure that your custom maps are actually ML sized. The UoMap.ocx control included is for ML maps and will not work properly with the old size.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
LFFPicard said:
I just say my post and saw the duplicate "System.Runtime.Remoting.dll"

removed it and it still does the same.

I got a crash report witch reads
Code:
Exception:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
   at Server.TileMatrixPatch.PatchStatics(TileMatrix matrix, String dataPath, String indexPath, String lookupPath)
   at Server.TileMatrixPatch..ctor(TileMatrix matrix, Int32 index)
   at Server.TileMatrix..ctor(Map owner, Int32 fileIndex, Int32 mapID, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at Server.Map.get_Tiles()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

This indicates a problem with one of your mul files. It wouldnt have anything to do with the dlls.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
LFFPicard said:
Ok new issue, i just installed the Transferserver and get a Language Runtime Debugging Services error :)
Spacifically
"Process id=0xe98 (3736), Thread id=0x7a4 (1956)"
It wont debug so i am guessing the error is to do with my data\assemblies.cfg file.
I added the .dll's in there but i guess there wrong.
Here is what my assemblies says

Code:
System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll
TransferServer.dll

BoxServer.dll

Is it in the wrong order or placed wrong?
Thanks in advance

when do you get that error? when you startup the spawneditor2.exe or when you start up the runuo server?

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I am fully patched upto date
i have a custom Map0 witch has been working fine for 6months.

I have only got this error since i installed Servertransfer.

Let me remove it and see if i can compile again.......

Ok its still doing it... somethign i have done last night has messed it up and i jumped to conclusions as transfer server was the last thing i installed..
Let me take a look and see if i can fix it and get back to you.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Arty, small question when the spawn editor reads the mul's does it make a small referance file?

I just removed all the files in ym custom map folde rin data\maps\ and replaced the mul's and my server loads..

i did notice though a few 0kb files in there that shouldnt have been and had a rtfl extension or something..
i tried my server again and it works..

I need to run up the job center (Yay) but if you wish em to re-create this let me know and i will do when i get home.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
LFFPicard said:
Arty, small question when the spawn editor reads the mul's does it make a small referance file?

I just removed all the files in ym custom map folde rin data\maps\ and replaced the mul's and my server loads..

i did notice though a few 0kb files in there that shouldnt have been and had a rtfl extension or something..
i tried my server again and it works..

I need to run up the job center (Yay) but if you wish em to re-create this let me know and i will do when i get home.

Spawneditor can create some files in the directory that it is installed in, like the spawnpacks.dat file. The UOMap.ocx tool is the only thing that actually looks at the muls and it is possible that it is responsible for the 0kb files. Send me the names and I will take a look.

(edit)

I just did some testing and it is possible that if you have custom maps that dont have any statics muls associated with them that the UOmap tool will create those empty files, but I didnt get any server crash on loading as a result. I suppose there might be some combination of missing mul files that could do that.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
well i will do a bit more playing here..
I am doing it a awkward way as i have kept a standard SE (Patched upto date) install for my main shard and then my test shard witch has the custom maps in runuo\data\maps witch si what Spawn Editor is pointing to.

I will try a copy/paste of the UOSE and have the muls in there and see what happens.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
LFFPicard said:
well i will do a bit more playing here..
I am doing it a awkward way as i have kept a standard SE (Patched upto date) install for my main shard and then my test shard witch has the custom maps in runuo\data\maps witch si what Spawn Editor is pointing to.

I will try a copy/paste of the UOSE and have the muls in there and see what happens.

another possibility is to just make a separate folder with your custom muls that the spawneditor reads, but that isnt the same as your server datapath.