RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speech Cop Jailing System.

brainless

Wanderer
I built custom jail in Malas and made the floor out of cobblestones, froze the whole place making it static and set the jail system there, but for some reason I can't mine the cobblestones floor. Doing it in front of Britain bank for example works fine, but not in the custom area. Any idea what might be wrong? I tried to put another layer of ground underneath the cobblestones since making water this way will make you be able to walk on it, but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

brainless

Wanderer
Ankron said:
I'm having one of those rare helpful moments :D... Xanthos, you forgot something... statics are part of the map too, but apparently not counted as part of the land. This might be helpfull in areas where people use statics for mining jail rock... Who knows, maybe jail is on britain bay for some strange reason.

Code:
                StaticTarget toStatic = to as StaticTarget;...

else if (  toStatic != null )
                {
                    if ( toStatic.Name == JailConfig.WhatToMine )
                    {
                        from.Animate( 9, 1, 1, true, false, 0 );
                        from.PlaySound( 0x145 );
                        JailHammer hammer = from.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OneHanded ) as JailHammer;

if ( null != hammer )
                        {
                            if ( Utility.RandomMinMax( 0, 101 ) >= hammer.Difficulty )
                            {
                                from.SendMessage( "The {0} crumbles under your hammer.", JailConfig.WhatToMine );
                                from.AddToBackpack( new JailRock() );
                            }
                            else
                                from.SendMessage( "You did not swing hard enough." );
                        }
                    }
                }

My wife happened to find this post in this thread which helped us to get it working so thank you Ankron for the help. This goes to JailHammer.cs if anyone else is having problems.

nacrom

Wanderer
ok i have installed this one my system, and works great.

what i would like to know if something can point me into the right direction on how to stop the jail system from jailing people for using words in overhead chat. really wanted this to "patrol" the global but not overhead chat.

or what would even be better would to a way to script a second section to use a seperate jailwords.txt for overhead chat and one for global chat.

any suggestions would be great

Sunshine

Wanderer
we set the jail teleporter to match our custom map.. can you advise as on each restart they reset to the orginals.

My thanks

Sunshine

Wanderer
only on the teleporter as I believe that is what he said we should do..I may be wrong ....

I just proped the porter and changed it there

X

Xanthos

Sunshine said:
only on the teleporter as I believe that is what he said we should do..I may be wrong ....

I just proped the porter and changed it there
Actually you should not change the teleporter. The properties will be removed next release as the values are not trumped by those of the xml config file. I recommend you use the xml config file.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
Actually you should not change the teleporter. The properties will be removed next release as the values are not trumped by those of the xml config file. I recommend you use the xml config file.

But I am confused for sure now the first page says this

1. Modify the props on the teleporter to change the locations of the jail and release spots, etc. (most installations will not need to change the source files since the most common configurations can be accessed via the properties on the teleporter).

We changed it there and still it reverted ...the xml file

Please advise

X

Xanthos

Sunshine said:
But I am confused for sure now the first page says this

We changed it there and still it reverted ...the xml file

Please advise
The XML file has to be placed in your data directory for it to take effect. The teleporter configuration is old and has been replaced by the config file feature. Ijust have not fully updated this code. Sorry for the confusion.