RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speech Cop Jailing System.

X

Xanthos

seanandre said:
I was using cobblestonesfloor, and when I set that to the name in the script, it kept telling me "You should use this to mine cobblestones" or something. And when I do [get name on the cobblestonesfloor it says (-null-).
Sounds like you may have some problems with your shard. When i do a [get name on cobblestones I see:

Name = "cobblestones"

BTW I have never seen a tile named "cobblestonesfloor". Can you tell me the exact location you found that?

seanandre

Sorceror
It's an addable item in the [add command. Any time I go to like say the internal Jail and do [get name, I still get (-null-). It's no big deal, just wanted to let you know what I'm getting. I'm betting I have to use the hammer on a mountain side. I don't think this script will mine the floor tiles and that's what I thought it would do, but every time I try to mine on the floor tiles, it tells me "You should use this to mine cobblestones" or "rock", etc. I wanted to use the back end of my Evo Town Jail as the jail, but I'm guessing I'm going to just have to use the default jail location in this script. No big deal to me, I just figured I could keep the prisoners in the jail that we actually use.

X

Xanthos

I see now. You are targeting an addon the code was designed to work with any static map floor.

seanandre

Sorceror
Actually, my EVO Town isn't an addon, although I do plan on making it an addon sometime in the near future to cut down on items. It's made up of pure statics. It's really cool. I have the training elementals in cells with gate doors, behind it, there's a jail for evo pets when they're left unattended, I got a bank in there with a banker where people can do their banking and buy mercenaries, and there's 2 buildings where players can buy the evo hiryus and the dragons, etc. And in the way back is where I was gonna have the speech cop jail. It's really cool :) It's one of the biggest reasons why I appreciate your EVO system so much. We got our own little town where players can train their pets.

Mctetly

Wanderer
how they get there bank boxes

Xanthos said:
Ok I can add squelch as an option. I wonder how they are opening their bank though as my code removes all of the items from their pack.

Thanks for the reply soory i took so long to get back to you, The players had bank crystals in the bank boxes and it is possible to call the bank anywhere.

Thats how they were able to get in to there bank's and why i asked about squelching them.

When is an update likely to be released just so i know to keep looking back here.

thanks again yours Mctetly

manofwar

Sorceror
Cant Find Xanthos Utilities?

I loaded on a fresh install of runuo and cant seem to get it to see any Xanthos utilities file? Says there is not one in the Xanthos file? I must be doing something wrong.

Edit: LOL got the utilities off another post of yours and it now works!

jeremymcc

Sorceror
having a problem with the pick axe. the remaining uses won't decrease when its used. any ideas how to fix it? also is there a way to set it up so that players can be jailed for cussing in PMs and Pages to staff?

X

Xanthos

Once the rock is turned in to the Jail Slave Driver the uses remaining will be decremented by the amount of rock turned in.

As to PMs and pages - there is no way to do what you are asking without code modification - you are on your own there.

wgherrick

Wanderer
leaving with jail rocks

i have ppl on my shard that leave with jail rocks also, as i have read on several other post in here. you said the #of uses on pick does not decrease untill rock is turned in so then they could somehow get some before they leave. can the pick just be made to reduce uses as being used instead of when rock is turned in that way they can't mine extras?

thanks just a thought.:)

X

Xanthos

The way that it is implemented is meant to serve both the RP aspects of jail and to force interaction with the jailer making it harder to macro. I will look into why players are allowed to leave with rock and fix that.

Sorry I wasnt gonna read 10 pages to see if anyone posted this or not. But I recently found something out the hard way goofing off with 2 players. This is a very good warning to Admins: DO NOT USE UNJAIL COMMAND ON YOURSELF!! it took away my admin accesslevel and i couldnt get it back. Good thing was I had another admin change my accesslevel back. (had to wake her up) But hey whatever works. Not sure what did it but thats what it did to me. System is great Thanks Xanthos.

Edit: Incase someone is thinking it yes I waited to see if it came back on its own and yes I died quite a few times trying to see if it comes back and also logged out a few times.

X

Xanthos

xX_Devious_Xx said:
One more thing Xanthos, players can get out of jail by using the help system.
You will need to use the configurable regions in a box system to prevent that.

Sunshine

Wanderer
I have treid to read through all the pages but still could not find the answer to my quesiton

how can I make it where knives chat system and the jail system work together ?

Is there a way to delete the robe once they are released? I do not want players collecting them

and the smoldering boots

I know players love to collect things and those 2 sound like good choices for some

dracana

Sorceror
Sunshine said:
I have treid to read through all the pages but still could not find the answer to my quesiton

how can I make it where knives chat system and the jail system work together ?

Is there a way to delete the robe once they are released? I do not want players collecting them

and the smoldering boots

I know players love to collect things and those 2 sound like good choices for some

The instructions for the Chat integration are in the JailCommand.cs script...
PHP:
		// Call this from your chat system command handler to have public
		// chat monitored.
		// For instance, to add monitoring to Knives chat 2.0
		// Search for:
		// string text = Filter( e.Mobile, e.ArgString );
		// and insert this line directly after it (uncommented):
		// Xanthos.SpeechCop.Jail.CheckChatSpeech( e.Mobile, text );	// <- xanthos Jail speech change this line only

For example, for Knives specific public chat integration, open PublicChat.cs in the Knives chat Commands folder. Look for...
Code:
				string text = Filter.FilterText( e.Mobile, e.ArgString );
				if ( text == "" )
					return;
in the OnChat event and add the following immediately after...
Code:
				Xanthos.SpeechCop.Jail.CheckChatSpeech( e.Mobile, text );

To remove the robe, look for the following in the FreeThem routine of JailCommand.cs...
Code:
			// Restore their access level
			JailHammer hammer = player.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OneHanded ) as JailHammer;

if ( null != hammer )
			{
				player.AccessLevel = hammer.PlayerAccessLevel;
				hammer.Delete();
			}

Following this, add...
Code:
			Robe robe = player.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OuterTorso ) as Robe;
			if ( null != robe )
			{
				robe.Delete();
			}

one thing you will want to do though is make the robe unmovable, so they don't take it off before they exit... to do this, change this line (also in JailCommand.cs)...
Code:
					Item robe = new Robe(); robe.Hue = JailConfig.RobeHue; robe.Name = JailConfig.RobeTitle; player.AddItem( robe );
to...
Code:
					Item robe = new Robe(); [B]robe.Movable = false;[/B] robe.Hue = JailConfig.RobeHue; robe.Name = JailConfig.RobeTitle; player.AddItem( robe );

Now for the boots, my solution on my shard was to just remove them :) Just comment out the following if you want to do this...
Code:
					Boots boots = new Boots( 1 );
					boots.Name = "Smoldering boots of " + player.Name;
					boots.MoveToWorld( player.Location, player.Map );

Hope that helps.

Sunshine

Wanderer
thank you very much. very clear and simple directions ones even I can follow ..My appreication is sent to you ...smiles