RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speech Cop Jailing System.

Ankron

Wanderer
More help... uh oh, something is wrong... :confused:

:eek:WARNING!! DO NOT USE HEXIDECIMAL VALUES IN THE CONFIG FILE!!!:eek:
They crash the shard. I did it for a hue becuae I remembered a hue I wanted to use by it's hex 0x550 so I put that in and BOOM! the server died when loading the config file.

X

Xanthos

Actually the sever only fainted - I throw an exception on startup if .NET is unable to parse the data so you can fix the problem. I can probably fix the class to parse hex values - surprises me that it does not parse them already. Anyway the exception is expected behavior rather than run with bogus data and get a real bug with users logged on.

BTW, you can use the calculator to convert the value - you probably already know that though.

Mctetly

Wanderer
Squealching players in jail

Xanthos great system i will have to up date to latest release, was wondering if and where to
put a command for squealching players in jail as have found they can access there bank boxes will in there and use teleporter books to get out also they can equip there items and armor, this has caused me and my staff great heart ache rejailing them and would love to know if it is possible to do it in the jailcommand.cs.

my biggest problem is i can't script very well and am not sure what command's do what so this would be a great way for me to learn * scratches head and gets splinters*

Again many thanks for a great system and await your informative reply.

Mctetly

Greystar

Wanderer
Mctetly said:
Xanthos great system i will have to up date to latest release, was wondering if and where to
put a command for squealching players in jail as have found they can access there bank boxes will in there and use teleporter books to get out also they can equip there items and armor, this has caused me and my staff great heart ache rejailing them and would love to know if it is possible to do it in the jailcommand.cs.

my biggest problem is i can't script very well and am not sure what command's do what so this would be a great way for me to learn * scratches head and gets splinters*

Again many thanks for a great system and await your informative reply.

Mctetly

providing players with teleport books and items to open bank boxes makes it very difficult to keep them in unless you add location checks to those items to make it so they don't work when in jail.

X

Xanthos

Ok I can add squelch as an option. I wonder how they are opening their bank though as my code removes all of the items from their pack.

slyker12

Wanderer
i was wander where to put jail stone if i cant out in the real jail?do i have to make a custom jail like a house or smthing?Just tell me what to do. It works but i cant place the jailstone in the jail so plp cant mine it to get out lol plz help me

X

Xanthos

slyker12 said:
i was wander where to put jail stone if i cant out in the real jail?do i have to make a custom jail like a house or smthing?Just tell me what to do. It works but i cant place the jailstone in the jail so plp cant mine it to get out lol plz help me
You don't put any stone anywhere. You determine what type of floor you have as mentioned in the document and then set that in the config option so they can mine that surface. RunUO takes care of putting stone in their packs when they mine.

Xanthos, where you have the default jail location. Is it possible for players that are jailed to mine the rock from that location? I like the location and plan on keeping it there. I just need to know if they can mine the jailrock there.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
xX_Devious_Xx said:
Xanthos, where you have the default jail location. Is it possible for players that are jailed to mine the rock from that location? I like the location and plan on keeping it there. I just need to know if they can mine the jailrock there.

This would require a modification to the harvest system, but yes its possible, if you make the required change.

X

Xanthos

xX_Devious_Xx said:
You can mine JailRock anywhere - no changes to the harvest system are needed. It is completely configurable from in game or via the xml configuration file. Read the instructions again - it is clearly described there. You just need to know what the name of the tile you want to mine is, then you set that as a config option and you are good to go!

ok thx Xanthos. off subject: i coudlnt figure out the thing with changing the itemid on the evo eggs but the hues worked so i am gonna stick with that. Thx for ya help on it

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Hi Xanthos,

I have used you system for a while.... I like the FINE that you added...

You could make something diferent;

When a GM send someone to jail he could ESTIPULATE the fine.

So, if the player made REALLY bad thing the GM woul estipulate a BIGGER fine.

Thank you for this great system

Novafire

Wanderer
And just to clarify a few things, the fine and increase of sentence without paying a fine as well as the elimination of teleportation whilst still in prison were my ideas. The rest weren't.

Thanks for incorporating my ideas in the the new release xanthos. It's working fine on my server at the moment.

Cheers.

seanandre

Sorceror
Hey Xanthos, this is yet another one of your GREAT scripts! I have installed it on my shard, but I am having 1 problem.

When I go to [get name on the floor tiles of the jail floor I am using doesn't matter what type of floor tile I use for my jail floor, when I use that command it always gives me the name (-null-). I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Please Advise ;)

Thanks.

X

Xanthos

Are these tiles static tiles or something you have built? I have used this command on static tiles in many places and have never seen what you describe.

seanandre

Sorceror
I was using cobblestonesfloor, and when I set that to the name in the script, it kept telling me "You should use this to mine cobblestones" or something. And when I do [get name on the cobblestonesfloor it says (-null-).

problem smoken boots can be picked up and put on if you get jailed in front of a player shouldnt the be non movable and decay second is when you get released you still have robe on shouldnt this beremove from char when released third is you can remove robe off char in jail.

those only things i see as problems rest i can change hehe.