RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spell casting like on Sphere Emu

Sound God

Sorceror
Hi, i want to make spell casting like on Sphere Emu
Search not work for me now, so maybe someone have script or any suggestions about it.
Thanks

Leo_5

Sorceror
RunUO Emulator is better and I prefer it to be GameMaster, but I want player spell system like sphere.
If anyone knows how to do it.

_Epila_

Sorceror
It is not just about the timing

Sphere:
Select spell > target > wait timer > effect
RunUO:
Select spell > wait timer > target > effect

---
It shouldn't be hard to change the spell system, but may take some time to figure out what to change. I've done that some time ago and the hardest part was to figure out how RunUO's spell system works. No major mods was needed

Leo_5

Sorceror
I will search it and try to do the change, but I´m not good at scripting, in my other attemps took me to crash the server. I will dedicate more time, but if anyone knows how to do it or have the script, would help me a lot.
Thanks for the answer and sorry for my english.

tindo

Sorceror
It is not just about the timing

Sphere:
Select spell > target > wait timer > effect
RunUO:
Select spell > wait timer > target > effect

---
It shouldn't be hard to change the spell system, but may take some time to figure out what to change. I've done that some time ago and the hardest part was to figure out how RunUO's spell system works. No major mods was needed

When you say wait timer are you referring to the casting delay or the time delay before the spell has an effect and causes damage? Not familiar with Sphere so I'm curious.

_Epila_

Sorceror
When you say wait timer are you referring to the casting delay or the time delay before the spell has an effect and causes damage? Not familiar with Sphere so I'm curious.

Leo_5 is right. The delay between the target and the effect (for RunUO) is only to simulate the moving effect delay (fireball, magic arrow...) from the caster to the targeted player. Sphere does not have this delay by default.

tindo

Sorceror
Leo_5 is right. The delay between the target and the effect (for RunUO) is only to simulate the moving effect delay (fireball, magic arrow...) from the caster to the targeted player. Sphere does not have this delay by default.

Yes, but you also have the delay before result on a few spells that dont use a moving effect, like explosion or does Sphere not do that delay either?

_Epila_

Sorceror
Sphere does not delay the effect for any spell. The only delay you get is the casting delay, right after the target is selected :)

tindo

Sorceror
Thanks, certainly not accurate to OSI, but probably very interesting in pvp!

Can casting still be interrupted? Is there a way to cancel the spell like you can in RunUO?

_Epila_

Sorceror
Not even close to OSI hehe. People in brazil does prefer the Sphere casting than RunUO's.
Afaik, casting can be interrupted (by casting and canceling a new spell) and for sure disturbed. I've been out from PvP fields for so long that I can't tell more details than that :(. I just remember the basics heheh

Leo_5

Sorceror
Thanks, certainly not accurate to OSI, but probably very interesting in pvp!

Can casting still be interrupted? Is there a way to cancel the spell like you can in RunUO?

Yes, of course. If you deal phisical or magical damage to the opponent while cast the spell, his concentration is disturbed, thus ruining thy spell like in Runuo, but you can also ''dodge'' the spell if during the cast delay the caster loses the line of sight, for example if between the caster and you there is any object, such as a house. This reason is why I prefer Sphere Spell Cast.

tindo

Sorceror
Yes, of course. If you deal phisical or magical damage to the opponent while cast the spell, his concentration is disturbed, thus ruining thy spell like in Runuo, but you can also ''dodge'' the spell if during the cast delay the caster loses the line of sight, for example if between the caster and you there is any object, such as a house. This reason is why I prefer Sphere Spell Cast.

Ah yes, I can see why that would be neat. Can the caster move during the delay?