RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpyUO - a C# UO packet hooker

Phantom

Knight
Unzip the program

Launch the client

Login

Attache the SpyUO to the process you have to have NT based system ( 2000 XP 2003 ) in other words.

Then you wll start to log all packets, you can filt what you don't want but you will log every packet even packets that are sent to you once already.

Phenos

Wanderer
I've released version 1.5.

- Added Logs-Load option. It supports the two log formats of SpyUO as well as UOLog, UOPro and SphereAgent formats (and maybe even others). It may take some seconds to perform this operation.

- Added Extract Gump (Sphere) option, that creates a gump script for Sphere 0.99.

- Added support for arguments in Items.cfg.

- Updated Items.cfg to include closed doors conversions (opened doors are ignored).

- Added Must have none of these values option for Filter-Details.

- Added Save/Load options for filters configurations.

- Added ContainerDisplay (0x24) and ContainerContent (0x3C) packets support.

- Some bugfixes and improvements.

Phenos

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
still no functionality for win 98?
No sorry... actually I don't know how can I avoid to use those API calls that aren't supported on Win98.
If anyone has some hits they are welcome.

Phantom

Knight
I don't think its possible as your what you should be using.

Windows 98 is no longer supported by 90% of the computer industry time to upgrade.

sh1ny

Wanderer
Well it had v1.4, v1.5, then v1.5 for 4.0.0p, then v1.5 for 4.0.0q and since i keep lots of stuff archived it would be nice to keep track of the version etc.

Phenos

Wanderer
Version number hasn't changed with 4.0.0q support because the program itself is the same.

I've only added a line to Clients.cfg:
[code:1]3F8EBB64: "4.0.0q T2A" 41AAC0 5 1 41ABF0 7 6 ;Phenos / 18 Oct 2003 Tested[/code:1]

Anyway I suggest you to always replace the old versions with the new ones.

Folko

Sorceror
Phenos,

I found a way to use OpenThread() under Windows98. OpenThread was the only thing which prevented UOLog from being able to attach to the running client in Windows98.
You can read the handles from the process' API function table. Using _DuplicateHandle on the target process with a value of 4 points you to the right direction; you can read the thread's handle from there.
It requires one line of Assembly though, not sure if that's possible in the yucky C# `language'.
If I was still interested in UO, I'd put it into UOLog, but I have different projects running atm..
If you want to, I can mail you the snippet, ~100 lines of C code.

--Folko
lingua latina loquor.

Phenos

Wanderer
Folko said:
Phenos,

I found a way to use OpenThread() under Windows98. OpenThread was the only thing which prevented UOLog from being able to attach to the running client in Windows98.
You can read the handles from the process' API function table. Using _DuplicateHandle on the target process with a value of 4 points you to the right direction; you can read the thread's handle from there.
It requires one line of Assembly though, not sure if that's possible in the yucky C# `language'.
If I was still interested in UO, I'd put it into UOLog, but I have different projects running atm..
If you want to, I can mail you the snippet, ~100 lines of C code.
Yeah sure.
Thank you very much Folko, I'll give a try :)

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Nevermind, I gots it :)

[code:1]
3FD4DA59: "4.0.1b T2A" 41AC20 5 1 41AD50 7 6 ;ASayre8 / 10 Dec 2003 Tested
[/code:1]

Is it just me, or has the download disappeared?
I seem to be able to get to http://uodreams.gamesnet.it/
Its a different matter however getting to http://uodreams.gamesnet.it/SpyUO/SpyUO.zip

Just looking for some friendly heads up on it :)

Phenos

Wanderer
I've updated the first post.

The download address has changed, and a new version with various improvements (support for 3D, a new details window, hide option, etc) has come out.