RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SpyUO - a C# UO packet hooker

Phenos

Wanderer
darkstorm said:
Is SpyUO affected by the problem of a clientcrash after 60 seconds too?

Well, I'm not currently using SpyUO much, but I haven't experienced the problem you mentioned...

Phenos

Wanderer
I've released SpyUO 1.8.
You can find it at the usual addresses written in the first post of this thread.

The new version includes a tool to generate the scripts of the books you read in game. Note that you might have to browse through all the pages of the books, depending on whether they send all their contents at once or not.

I've also added the clients.cfg entries for Samurai Empire beta (client 4.0.4s).
Unfortunately in that expansion the 0xD6 packet (ObjectProperties) is used for some new additional purposes.
I haven't decoded the new subcommands, so I've just added a "Type" field to ObjectProperties: if its value is 1 the packet will be read as usual (as that indicates it is a standard object property list info), otherwise it won't be decoded.

Phenos

Wanderer
Here are the Samurai Empire beta entries for client 4.0.4t:
Code:
41513382: "4.0.4t 2D"        4192C0 5 1 42FBB0 7 6
41513403: "4.0.4t 3D"        487A22 6 1 499360 2 6
There was also an error in the receive address of client 4.0.4s 3D... I wrote an 8 instead of a 9.
So the correct entry for that client is:
Code:
41478510: "4.0.4s 3D"        487272 6 1 498C00 2 6

Arch~Angel

Wanderer
I know this will sound stupid, and most likely I will be flamed because of it....
Whats the purpose of SpyUO? What could it be used for? From what I gather it reads the packets being sent between yourself and the server.. What use is that? Would it possible to "Catch" the packets change it so when it gets sent back the server gets something else back? In case being would it be possible for someone to use this on my shard to catch the packet and send something else back say.... they do X with gold the packet sent to you is that you got 1k gold then the person catches and changes it and sends it back saying it was 100k instead, thus they now have 100k instead of 1k.... I told you it was stupid..
A^A

psz

Administrator
It views and sorts packets. It doesn't modify them, it just catches and displays them. That's it.

Tylius

Sorceror
Arch~Angel said:
they do X with gold the packet sent to you is that you got 1k gold then the person catches and changes it and sends it back saying it was 100k instead, thus they now have 100k instead of 1k.... I told you it was stupid..
A^A

Also, I don't think that would be possible because it's the server that knows what they've got, if they sent to the server, that they moved 100k from their bank to their backpack, the server would see that they didn't have 100k in their bank in the first place. As far as I know ;)

Otherwise that'd be a pretty simple exploit

shteou

Wanderer
Hey there,
Great program, was just wondering about encrypted/decrypted clients. Does it only work for decrypted clients? I saw a post much earlier in this thread saying it worked for both versions, however I have had no such luck ;) Also, if as I suspect, it only works for decrypted clients, is there anything which can read the encrypted packets (or an algorithm I can work with)?
Thanks!

psz

Administrator
shteou said:
Hey there,
Great program, was just wondering about encrypted/decrypted clients. Does it only work for decrypted clients? I saw a post much earlier in this thread saying it worked for both versions, however I have had no such luck ;) Also, if as I suspect, it only works for decrypted clients, is there anything which can read the encrypted packets (or an algorithm I can work with)?
Thanks!

I use it on OSI all the time. It works perfectly with Encrypted Clients.

shteou

Wanderer
Oh okay, thanks, maybe it's the client version I'm using. 2.0.3, but nevermind, I'm sure I'll sort it out some how, or find a solution.

Ta,
Stew

Phenos

Wanderer
I've released SpyUO 1.9:

- Added support for tooltips and imageTiledButtons in the gump parser (added in RunUO 1.0.1).
- Updated the book code generator to the new optimized system that will be introduced in RunUO 1.0.1.
- Added an option to save and load SpyUO logs in a binary format. This format will require much less space than the other ones, and for this reason it will always save every packet ignoring the filter settings (of course you'll be able to apply the filter after you load the file). The only two packets that will never be saved are packets 0x80 (account login) and 0x91 (game login), for security reasons as they contain the account's password.
- Some other minor changes and improvements.

You can fin the new version of SpyUO and the source code here: http://phenos.runuo.com/spyuo.htm

O

Oliver

Maybe it's just me, but the address doesnt work for me. When I try to access phenos.runuo.com, I get an error saying it doesn't exist...

Phantom

Knight
Oliver said:
Maybe it's just me, but I the address doesnt work for me. When I try to access phenos.runuo.com, I get an error saying it doesn't exist...

This is a known issue, it will be solved soon.

RunUO.com was moved in the last 24 hours, check back in at least 48 hours.

psz

Administrator
I'll see about getting it temp hosted on UODemise's site, next time I talk to Phenos.

Ravenal

Knight
4327B5E0: "5.0.1a 2D" 41A45D 5 7 433820 7 6

this isn't working for me i keep getting errors saying client not defined....