RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting your own Server

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Go to google, and type "skill cap site:runuo.com" (without quotes) into the box, you pretty much have to add a line to Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Go to google, and type "skill cap site:runuo.com" (without quotes) into the box, you pretty much have to add a line to Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs
Ok thanks for the help, been trying every thing I could think of for away to say max cap Skill points on this site, but have not found it yet. LOL

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Ok I looked it up that way and got this:
with Nerun's distro in game under the owners account type [global set SkillsCap "skill cap number" where player mobile adding a extra 0 to the number so set skill cap level and [global set skillscap "skill cap number" adding the extra 0
in order to set level you wish to have ive posted in other parts of the forum tryin to find it and settin it manually in the charactorcreation.cs file wasnt helping this was the only way ive gotten it to work for those who have the same problem i was.

I dont understand this part under owners account type [global set SkillsCap "skill cap number"
1st do I just type this in game when I have my owners account on?
2nd do I type this in the way it is or do I type it like [global set SkillsCap "8000" ?
LOL
by the way I got this when I started my server Premiumbadspawn??

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Yes, but that I believe will only set the skillscap for existing characters, you would still need to make a change to CharacterCreation.cs adding a line that sets their skillcap there, otherwise new characters would default to the 700.
and it means to log into your runuo server as the administrator/ownder, and type that command (like you thought in "2nd" above), however you don't need to put the quotes around 8000.

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Ok I looked it up that way and got this:
with Nerun's distro in game under the owners account type [global set SkillsCap "skill cap number" where player mobile adding a extra 0 to the number so set skill cap level and [global set skillscap "skill cap number" adding the extra 0
in order to set level you wish to have ive posted in other parts of the forum tryin to find it and settin it manually in the charactorcreation.cs file wasnt helping this was the only way ive gotten it to work for those who have the same problem i was.

I dont understand this part under owners account type [global set SkillsCap "skill cap number"
1st do I just type this in game when I have my owners account on?
2nd do I type this in the way it is or do I type it like [global set SkillsCap "8000" ?
LOL
by the way I got this when I started my server Premiumbadspawn??
says there was 38 of them and it gives me locations this happend at and NPC's that it happend too.

milva

Sorceror
Usually it's best to use [global set skillscap xxxx where playermobile
where playermobile at the end ;)

GmWannabe

Wanderer
anyone wanna help a noob out with more than likely a dumb question.....

i wanna start a private shard just for myself (non public) just to mess around a bit but once i get it going how do i
be a GM in it not just a player and what are some commands to make stuff like spawn a monster or spawn a certain item in ur bag and edit a sword to have good stats and cool color. stuff like that, if anyone could help that would be great ty.

ps. when u start a new shard does it come populated with npc's and monsters or u have to put them in?