RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting your own Server

Dark Raven

Wanderer
OK please forgive me if this is not the right info.
I have RunUO 2.2
It says on loading screen for Ultima Costomized 5.0.8.3 patch 204

Dark Raven

Wanderer
How do I patch the client 5.0.8.3 is the only patch I can find for Ultima.
Or where is patch 7.0.10 so I can download it?

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Ok, I got and Error message in the core when I ran it with the new 7.24.0.3 patch.
Its says:
World: Loading...tiledate.mul was not found.
Make sure your scrips/misc/DataPath.cs is properly configured.
After pressing return an Execption will be thrown and server will terminate.
Type server.Engine.BulkOrders.LargeSmithBOD
Serial: 0x400004E
Delete the object
Yes or no?
I deleted everything out and tried again yet still get message?

thats because in datapath.cs you need to edit it to the location of your client...
you can find datapath .cs in scripts>misc>

For instance mine says"

public class DataPath
{
/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
* or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
* change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
* private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
*/
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\program files\ea games\ultima online classic"; <---------------edit that to where you have UO installed

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Ok I done it several times and still get message.
This is what I have do you see any problems with this:
private const string CustomPath = @"C:\games\electronic arts\ultima online classic";
I have Ultima in C: first file when in C to get to the game is Games next file that its in is called Electronic Arts and then you see Ultima Online Classic

Ok I figured it out and got it up, yet took two steps and my character disapered into the ground. LOL
Got myself out of the ground yet still have that problem with NPC or Vendors in the Ground. LOL

Ok I done it several times and still get message.
This is what I have do you see any problems with this:
private const string CustomPath = @"C:\games\electronic arts\ultima online classic";
I have Ultima in C: first file when in C to get to the game is Games next file that its in is called Electronic Arts and then you see Ultima Online Classic

Look at what I put in red...you put it in the wrong one....it needs to be in the one that says private static string Custompath.....look right below where you typed it in and thats the line it goes on...

{
/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
* or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
* change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
* private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";<------------------you put it here but it needs to go to the one below it.
*/
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\program files\ea games\ultima online classic"; <---------------This is where it goes......

Dark Raven

Wanderer
you have to add the animals and everything yourself..not sure about being stuck in the ground though.
O wow and cool sound like fun. Yea about the ground thing will have to see if anyone else had this problem and fixed it..
Again thanks for the help

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Well I think i found the problem:
You'll need a lower patch. As of about 7.0.24.something I think it was, OSI changed the client art files from .mul to .uop & the RunUO servers have no way to read them. 7.0.23.** is the last patch they work.​

Dark Raven

Wanderer
LOL after try and try again finnaly got it back up and running and not falling in the ground now, but now I dont see any NPC's, Vendors, or Door on any of the buildings lol. Man this is way harder then I thought it would be...
LOL never mind got it working and everything is good now LOL took several hours...

LOL you should try a custom map...you can get a script called neruns distro and spawn most of the world. i use custom maps so I do everything by hand.

Dark Raven

Wanderer
Way ahead of you already got it thats how I fixed everything it had a option to end the world and then let there be light LOL...
Now I'm trying to figure out how to give more skill points for players on the server. Would like to have 800 max skill points.