RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subscriptions finalized!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Subscriptions finalized!

1 Month - 3.00
Liftetime - 35.00.

All current non Liftimes will stay.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thraxus

Sorceror
Very cool Ryan. That should keep everyone happy.

And while I'm not saying you didn't come up with the idea on your own, I do notice that you jacked up the price on the defunct 6 month and 1 year plans to $100 as a deterrent against people selecting them.

*Thraxus +reps himself for coming up with a suggestion similar to what Ryan decided to do*

:D

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Thraxus said:
Very cool Ryan. That should keep everyone happy.

And while I'm not saying you didn't come up with the idea on your own, I do notice that you jacked up the price on the defunct 6 month and 1 year plans to $100 as a deterrent against people selecting them.

*Thraxus +reps himself for coming up with a suggestion similar to what Ryan decided to do*

:D
Actually it was your idea and I do appreciate it ;)

Thraxus

Sorceror
Awesome. :)

Glad to be able to help out in any little way I can. You and the rest of the Dev Team work hard on RunUO and don't get nearly enough respect and thanks for it.

RunUO for Life!!!.. or at least for the next 25 years anyhow... :D

lincy

Wanderer
I have donate US$35 via PayPal around 2 weeks ago. Does any way to know it's succeed or not ?

I have received the statement from Paypal and my credit card bill. But I don't get any respone from RunUO.

Quantos

Lord
lincy said:
I have donate US$35 via PayPal around 2 weeks ago. Does any way to know it's succeed or not ?

I have received the statement from Paypal and my credit card bill. But I don't get any respone from RunUO.
You should send Ryan a PM (private message) about it. He has been pretty busy lately, and may have fallen behind.

gorf

Sorceror
Subscription Help

I am in the same boat as lincy. I submitted for my lifetime membership on the 25th of January and still have not been upgraded. I have emailed Ryan with a copy of the reciept from Paypal. I have also bumped the lifetime subscription thread a coule of Times and was told that this would need to be handled by Ryan. I also have PM'd Ryan with the info. I apologize if I seem to come off ungratefull. I think highly of Ryan and all the RunUO staff/Dev team. It is truly amazing product which you have developed and the least I could do was to sign up. Let me know if there is anymore info that I need to supply or possibly resupply.

lincy

Wanderer
Quantos said:
You should send Ryan a PM (private message) about it. He has been pretty busy lately, and may have fallen behind.

mmm, I just want to know the donate was succeed or fail. :D
I really don't care how long will be take. ;)

Quantos

Lord
The subsicription gives you a larger mailbox, the ability to have an avatar and signature as well as access to the subscriber only forums.

The subscriber only forums allow access to advertising, requests, a seperate chit chat forum, and even a special forum of script submissions that are not available to non-subscribers.

Mostly, though, it will let you feel that you've done your part in helping Ryan finance this huge project.

Brazen

Wanderer
What Quantos said.. to be sure. The biggest thing, really is to feel you contributed.. the next best is a sig *laughs* , the extra forums are a bit nicer, though still too seldome used. Surely I do not regret subscribing.

Crowley62

Sorceror
I really want to subscribe but for some reason I can't get paypal to work. I will keep trying, they don't reply to e-mails.But I hope to subscribe soon.Keep up the great work and I look forward to the next upgrade (hopefully soon) ;)

stormwolff

Knight
Crowley62 said:
I really want to subscribe but for some reason I can't get paypal to work. I will keep trying, they don't reply to e-mails.But I hope to subscribe soon.Keep up the great work and I look forward to the next upgrade (hopefully soon) ;)

Irc chat is your best bet for contact with ryan.

I think the best bet would be for Ryan to come up with an automated system, he already has his hands full and if people have been waiting since Jan 25th to get what they have paid for then seems that Ryan is falling behind and either needs to have his moderators help him, or come up with an automated system, so as soon as you pay you get access.

I am a very poor person with a very sick child so I would never be able to afford the price just to see a few extra's. I also think that if I wasnt in my situation and I could afford it I would be a tad relunctant to pay and not see what I paid for with no replies. Almost feels like your being ignored, nothing against Ryan but he really should look into a better system to get people validated automatically.

stormwolff

Knight
SphericalSolaris said:
I think the best bet would be for Ryan to come up with an automated system, he already has his hands full and if people have been waiting since Jan 25th to get what they have paid for then seems that Ryan is falling behind and either needs to have his moderators help him, or come up with an automated system, so as soon as you pay you get access.

I am a very poor person with a very sick child so I would never be able to afford the price just to see a few extra's. I also think that if I wasnt in my situation and I could afford it I would be a tad relunctant to pay and not see what I paid for with no replies. Almost feels like your being ignored, nothing against Ryan but he really should look into a better system to get people validated automatically.

The paypal sub through the user cp is an automated system if all goes well with the suscription from the user cp it will give you instant access to the subscirber forums. It is not really ryans fault if users can't use paypal, he did put some effort into setting up an automated choice.

Of course there are reasons why a user cant use paypal which would lead to them needing another method. The forums are only coded to accept automatic subs through paypal. Any other method would require more manpower or a very active admin. With other forms of payment going directly to ryan some of this can only be verified by him and as we all know he is a busy man.

The only issues I have seen with the automated sub system is that there does seem to be some trouble if you have bought 2 subs and one expires but asayre can handle that. Also some users use the donation button instead of the subscription option in their user cp.

One issue about response time I can see is that the staff members around here get bombarded with email and forum pms. I get tons of them and im not even a staff member just an avid poster. This is why I suggest irc chat as the easiest way to contact them. You can see when they are online with this and most of the time you can msg them or contact them in the main chat window.

How did you pay?

How did you pay?

I havent for two reasons, one was I saw how many people were having problems getting what they paid for and didnt want to pay if it was going to take forever to get results, and two because I am a stay at home Dad and take care of my son who is very sick, so my wife and I cant afford these cool little things I always want hehe.
I didnt know these people that are having issues are not using paypal, and I didnt know he had paypal automated. that makes me feel a little at ease now if I ever scramble up some money :) I have paypal and know how to use it so I guess I would have no problems getting instant access.

Anyway thank you stormwolf for clarifying that I thought he was trying to do this all with no automation and made me weary.

lincy

Wanderer
stormwolff said:
The paypal sub through the user cp is an automated system if all goes well with the suscription from the user cp it will give you instant access to the subscirber forums. It is not really ryans fault if users can't use paypal, he did put some effort into setting up an automated choice.

How did you pay?

after reading your text and re-enter-user-cp. I found some thing.

Last time, I am pay the lifetime via paypal by ==>

user/cp page -> press the [Paypal Donate] button top of page :eek:

, then go to paypal site to pay $35.

Now, After I study the user/cp page. I notic the menu item at left down side corner ==>

Miscellaneous -> paid subscriptions :mad:

so, I pay by press the top [PayPal Donate] button and not following the cp's menu [paid subscriptions], That's why I an not received my subscription status right now ? I guess many other forum members also have same problem.

Ok, If so, How should do .............. (Don't tell me I have to pay again :D )

stormwolff

Knight
lincy said:
after reading your text and re-enter-user-cp. I found some thing.

Last time, I am pay the lifetime via paypal by ==>

user/cp page -> press the [Paypal Donate] button top of page :eek:

, then go to paypal site to pay $35.

Now, After I study the user/cp page. I notic the menu item at left down side corner ==>

Miscellaneous -> paid subscriptions :mad:

so, I pay by press the top [PayPal Donate] button and not following the cp's menu [paid subscriptions], That's why I an not received my subscription status right now ? I guess many other forum members also have same problem.

Ok, If so, How should do .............. (Don't tell me I have to pay again :D )

You shouldnt have to pay again, but it may be a quicker solution. You should try contacting asayre or ryan in irc chat.

lincy

Wanderer
stormwolff said:
You shouldnt have to pay again, but it may be a quicker solution. You should try contacting asayre or ryan in irc chat.

mmm, any suggest when they will online ? thanks.