RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transforming Sword!!

krazeykow

Sorceror
Transforming Sword!!

Summary:
This is a little script I made up to show RunUO how far a little scripting newb such as myself has come through the past month with help from many people.
This would be my first script to submit to RunUO :]

This weapon on equip and double click will drop in the players pack and transform into a powerfull sword, which is not to powerful, but in my opinion just "right."

The weapon will stay like this for 60 seconds (can be changed in script) and then return to its original state, using one charge.

I put charges through props so all you should have to do is say [set charges #

I would like to thank RunUO itself for bringing me this far... :] Thanks guys

To add this weapon just say [add DeathSword

Description:

I hope you enjoy this script, I tried to be creative in making this :]

Custom it how you wish, I would be glad to help if you run into any problems

PLEASE report any problems here and I will help as soon as possible

And PLEASE tell me what you think if this sword!! I would really enjoy knowing opinions.. I am thinking of releasing different versions along with this one... tell me what you think if this script :]
Installation:
Drop this little script in your custom folder.

Attachments

• TSwordII[1][1].cs
    5.7 KB · Views: 804

Knightshade

Wanderer
krazeykow,

Great idea! I will install it on our shard today for testing and let you know what I think. These are the kind of scripts I like to see produced, original and creative ideas! While I haven't tested its execution yet, I can already tell you the most valuable thing about it has already been accomplished, and that's the creativity of it all. Keep producing scripts with the same level of creativity and you'll go far! Nice work! :)

krazeykow

Sorceror
NoobAttack said:
havnt tested it but nice idea :)

Test away :] Tell me what you think of the whole script.. I would enjoy some opinions.

Thank you knight :] I would also love to hear what you think of it.. and if anything needs to be changed.. etc.

Knightshade

Wanderer
Just tested it,

Great job! I will definitely be using this on the Britannia shard. The only suggestions I could make are minor cosmetic things, such as the hue, the messages, etc. I've customized them a bit for the theme of our shard, but otherwise, I can't see any problems with it.

I challenge others to test the sword out and give krazeykow more feedback. If I find anything or have any further ideas, I'll let you know. Good job! I forsee you becoming a famous scripter on these boards if you keep up this kind of work! :)

krazeykow

Sorceror
Thank you for the response knight :]

I'm thinking of making a more "pampered up" sword which will give the user a choice of which they want...

Give me some sugestions to which should be the original, and to what should be the new transformed :]

It is also hard to cater to all likes... so just like knight did .. feel free to edit the weapons.. I just did the base for you :]

-The reason the original looks that way, is because I wanted it to appear as a weak, small weapon and then when used, it would suprise players and provide a little fun in your shard.

Knightshade

Wanderer
krazeykow said:
-The reason the original looks that way, is because I wanted it to appear as a weak, small weapon and then when used, it would suprise players and provide a little fun in your shard.

I like how you took that into consideration. I changed the name of the original weapon into "a plain looking blade" and then changed the name to something else when transformed. I think I named it "The Shapeshifter" or something similar.

Again, very well done.

As for ideas on what to change to/from, like you said, it's all in preference and desired usage. You could make a little executioner's axe transform into a halberd or something, etc. There's lots of interesting ways to take this script.

krazeykow

Sorceror
godfood said:
This should be in Item's not mobiles

Do you mean the private Mobile mob line??

This line was left after I changed my script method... It has nothing to do with it being in "mobiles" it is an item...

This line defines Mobile as mob... nothing else.

I can simply delete this line.

*Deleted*

If that is not what you mean.. I have no clue what you are talking about.. as it is an item.

Tylius

Sorceror
He means that when you submitted the script, it got submitted under the Mobiles category, it's supposed to be under the Items category. Lots of people accidently submit to Mobiles though... We need an 'Unsorted' category ;)

krazeykow

Sorceror
Bug Fixed

Bug fixed, charges now are saved when server restarts!!!

Please download new version if you already have this script.

Sorry for the bug.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
well done, esp for a first script

Without critisism though, scripts will never get better, so here are my 2 cents

1) your code is a bit sloppy, its not bad but to make it easier for others to edit, a script needs to be clean and look good.

I have taken the liberty of doing that (attatched)

2) the timer priority is very high, in general, timers are bad because they take up system resources, so timers need to be used only when there are no other options, and they need to be set to the lowest possible priority.

the priority of this is 250 ms but I dont see any harm in making it 1 second.

Other than these 2 issues this seems like an awsome script. Well done and by all means keep scripting.

Attachments

• TSwordII.cs
    5.5 KB · Views: 136

HadesUO

Wanderer
Only bug i see with it, is when u transform sowrd others only a see a small dagger change to red. only way for em to see it the way u want is requip real fast.

krazeykow

Sorceror
Thanks for the cleaner code Killer :]

I'm also not sure about the item staying like a dagger, I never had the problem on my shard.

Any sugestions?

Also, thank you for comments, I just want to show those who don't think they can learn c#, this is me after one month of trying.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
krazeykow said:
Thanks for the cleaner code Killer :]

I'm also not sure about the item staying like a dagger, I never had the problem on my shard.

Any sugestions?

Also, thank you for comments, I just want to show those who don't think they can learn c#, this is me after one month of trying.

perhaps when the sword is used, it un equips itself and goes into the players pack

this will make players re equip it, making it a bit more challenging and will solve the refresh problem (thats what I believe it is by the way)

krazeykow

Sorceror
Killer you are very helpful in situations such as these, I have now made it where it drops into the players pack, and an overhead message appears telling them so.

If anymore bugs are found, please post here.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
krazeykow said:
Killer you are very helpful in situations such as these, I have now made it where it drops into the players pack, and an overhead message appears telling them so.

If anymore bugs are found, please post here.

I love to help :)

Suki

Wanderer
All Hail Kow

*tosses a pebble at cow* funny script i happend to fall on it while running down the list oh its great hun ^_^ you should post your wonderful race stone to i am sure people would LOOOOOOOOVE that

your pal
Suki ^_____^ :p

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Suki said:
*tosses a pebble at cow* funny script i happend to fall on it while running down the list oh its great hun ^_^ you should post your wonderful race stone to i am sure people would LOOOOOOOOVE that

your pal
Suki ^_____^ :p

krazeykow has a race stone?

Suki

Wanderer
Yes Kow has a Race Stone

KillerBeeZ said:
krazeykow has a race stone?

yep he has a race stone its geared to Final Fantasy tho so it wouldnt fit all shards but it kicks MAIJOR butt. and we should all bow down to Kow *bows to her kow statue* (dont mind me i am a good friend with him ^_^). but the race stone works well and is cool i bet if people beg him enough he will post it ^_^ so beg away.

Suki