RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trash Token System

damionmarcus

Wanderer
I was on Atlantic a couple years ago and had a similar thing happen where someone said they had a gun, and no firends thier wife left them and the only thing they had left was ultima for friends, and even there he kept getting pk'd and he was tired of it and was gonna shoot himself. Then he logged out and was never seen again.
Well it could be dramatized as you say, but either way I have always treated all players a little more respectful since that day........

Deraj_88

Sorceror
wow i didnt expect to bring the softer side out of you guys.
and ive always belived in treating players how i want to be treated. "golden rule" :D

Viago

Knight
damionmarcus said:
I took this idea and created a "Token Reward Trash Barrel Deed" players seem to like it that they can have thier own reward trash barrel at thier house.

Just drop this in you customs folder and after a restart you can do what you want with it.
I used it in conjunction with the token reward stone, and made it a reward.

I also edited my reward trash barrel system so that it doesnt except Gold, or tokens, but these new fixes are great, I'm replacing the files now :D

Keep up the good work and ideas Viago

neat idea mate, u can also use this as the normal trash barrel, and players can say them magic words to add a trash barrel to thier house =p nice script man

Viago

Knight
np

i have post poneded the ingame menu version. i will have to take more time on this, but ill doubt ill get it done by this year with othere projects im working on

sorry

Viago said:
np

i have post poneded the ingame menu version. i will have to take more time on this, but ill doubt ill get it done by this year with othere projects im working on

sorry

I really like this idea i was seriously in need of some sort of trash reward system altho i had originally intended to try and redo the old cleanup britannia thing like osi did years agao and i still would like to do that old system just for the sake of bringing back some uo history I really do like this one its really nice. I cant wait to see the finished product even if it means waiting for it i think it will be well worth the wait with the way this is going so far. Keep up the great work.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
evil lord kirby said:
I really like this idea i was seriously in need of some sort of trash reward system altho i had originally intended to try and redo the old cleanup britannia thing like osi did years agao and i still would like to do that old system just for the sake of bringing back some uo history I really do like this one its really nice. I cant wait to see the finished product even if it means waiting for it i think it will be well worth the wait with the way this is going so far. Keep up the great work.

please explain (in detail) what this ... "cleanup Britainia" thing is.

I could use a way to clean up my shard, so if I like the idea, I might be able to script it, or help with it, but would like all the details so I can make it as close to OSI as possible (even tho Pandora has no intentions of cloning OSI).

Viago

Knight
i thin khe meens a program osi had long ago to reduce lag, that had a bonus for the players , i think not to sure. that was a while back anyways

Well back in like 98 i think it was osi did this trash system where every piece of garbage thrown in a trash barrel (Normal trash barrel of any kind) you would be awarded tickets my account went inactive so i didnt get to actually see how it worked but for 100k tickets you would be awarded phoenix armor (one random piece) it was junk but a full set sells for 25 mil on lake superior anyhow stratics has a list of the items awarded and how many tickets it took to get em. If anyone scripts this they would be awsome :) i dont have time to dig up all the info on it now i gotta get to class but ill look this afternoon when i get back.

Viago

Knight
i think ill convert my token trash to acept any one
base armor
base weapon
base clothing
----instills checks for easy craftable items meening only certain clothings will be removable

Item
---will check for "crap loot" meening regs, gems, gold, tokens, spells, statues ext
---checks above will not be affected by this...hopfully =p

deeds
token checks, bank checks, addon deeds and few others wont be removable

this trash system will have the old old gump this sytem once had, but enhanced

for the amount evil lord kirby says will have on gump a deed for a reward, deed will have a case button that will have a random chance to get a pice of armor

i was thinking of having it time based, so when a player cashes in the max amt of tickets for the reward he will have to waite 48 hours befor doing it agen, but im not experianced with Ontick things so any help would be nice

ill look into stratics when i can

Viago

Knight
k i found some information to go on on the phenox armor, also to keep it rare ticket prices on trash system will be higher. Armor WONT be exactly osi since i cant find exact stats on uo stratics. just some helpful posts that provid insight in thier forum =/

Viago

Knight
Token Reward Trash Update

Token Reward Trash Update

FIXES
Now Takes Amount of the trashed item for the amount of tokens to reward.

meening 1 item = 1 token
5000000000 = uh...that amount of tokens lol

ENJOY

Attachments

• RewardTrash.cs
    8.9 KB · Views: 194
  • RewardTrashPlayer.cs
    9.4 KB · Views: 173

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Is this for b36? I can't get the deed to work. Same errors on both scripts I d/l.

1) there is no general support for b36, if its posted, it is most likely for the newest version... however

2) we cannot tell you what the problem is if you do not post the errors

(on a side note, after a quick run through, I saw no scripts here that would not work on b36, thats not to say it will because it was just a quick run through the scripts)

Errors

Sry. I would of posted the errors but I'm in disbelief that there would be two submissions with same errors. Its amazing that so many people don't test before they release scripts. And there are many people who can't get with the times and still grasp onto b36. But I understand...my father had a hard time letting go of his 8 track player in the early 90's lol.

PHP:
 Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (10 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Customs\New\Trash Token Reward Sytem\RewardTrashBarrelDeed.cs:
 CS1513: (line 33, column 10) } expected
 CS1519: (line 37, column 4) Invalid token 'if' in class, struct, or interface m
ember declaration
 CS1519: (line 37, column 22) Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface m
ember declaration
 CS1520: (line 37, column 29) Class, struct, or interface method must have a ret
urn type
 CS1002: (line 37, column 47) ; expected
 CS1519: (line 39, column 21) Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface m
ember declaration
 CS0116: (line 43, column 4) A namespace does not directly contain members such
as fields or methods
 CS1518: (line 65, column 19) Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or stru
ct
 CS1518: (line 72, column 19) Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or stru
ct
 CS1022: (line 78, column 2) Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expect
ed
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Sry. I would of posted the errors but I'm in disbelief that there would be two submissions with same errors. Its amazing that so many people don't test before they release scripts. And there are many people who can't get with the times and still grasp onto b36. But I understand...my father had a hard time letting go of his 8 track player in the early 90's lol.

it has nothing to do with the version, the script will not compile on any version because you are missing a }

remember, just because you get errors, doesnt mean the script was not tested.

Also, people have reasons for staying with b36, I for one have too many customs to convert, it would take me a year to just get started.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
If it is missing a } it won't compile which means it wasn't tested b4 it was posted.

or you added/edited wrong

post the file thats giving the errors, I cant find it in the thread

Error

I didn't touch the script I d/l and installed it with those errors. If I touched the script I wouldn't be dumb enough to post this lol.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
I didn't touch the script I d/l and installed it with those errors. If I touched the script I wouldn't be dumb enough to post this lol.

show me this script

SytemRewardTrashBarrelDeed.cs

I dont see it anywhere