RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Uber" Shards

"Uber" Shards

Alright, "Uber" shards get bashed A LOT! Why? I mean yeah, personally I don't like them... so I don't play them. But it's kinda just like, if you have a problem with it, don't play there. UOG wasn't made for one specific kind of gameplay. It was made for ANY kind of gameplay.

Discuss
-Storm

Sunshine

Wanderer
Life it short so I say play where you want...play the style you want..heaven knows there are enough Free shards out there for EVERYONE to find the perfect one..of course I know where prefection lies...and I be waiting for you ;)

pacolaco2

Sorceror
They get bashed so much, because little 12 year olds set them up, and everyone plays them. They require no skill to set up, you just make a bunch of weapons that do 90 million damage. They're not fun, require no skill, and give people the impression that all staff on all servers should give out free shit that does 90 million damage. They also tend to be filled with bigots, and racists.

Sunshine

Wanderer
give people the impression that all staff on all servers should give out free shit that does 90 million damage.

Well if a player is not able to do a tiny bit of research to see if a shard has been tossed together or if any work has gone into it..then they deserve the shards they get lol...

Like ours it is simple clean web pages but being European My husband like that...and since he made them YEAH...you can see the dedication...if you go to one where it is U can B l33t 2...then ya know you get what you expected...just depends...players are responsible too ..

you have to make choices based on educated guesses...so guesstimate with the best tool available ..your brain

pacolaco2 said:
They get bashed so much, because little 12 year olds set them up, and everyone plays them. They require no skill to set up, you just make a bunch of weapons that do 90 million damage. They're not fun, require no skill, and give people the impression that all staff on all servers should give out free shit that does 90 million damage. They also tend to be filled with bigots, and racists.

I have ran one of these "Uber" shards and unfortunately, the comment about the shards being filled with racists is somewhat true. I have had quite a few come through my doors and they left at the first racist comment. It is true most of the players are little kids looking for free items etc, but I don't think we can label them all as crap that someone threw together. I know for my shard I put alot of time into it, making tons of quests, new craftables, sets and sets of custom armor and weapons and a custom ore system. It is true yes that tons of the "Uber" shards consist of tons of free items and one gate to a PvP zone, but not all "Uber" shards are like that. Some of those admins do put alot of time into there shards. Just throwing my two cents in because I do think that most of the uber shards give the good ones a bad name.

Well my opinion on this is, everyone makes their shard however they want it...Good or bad, but whether we play on it is our choice..I don't believe in bashing any shard, because thats how the owners wanted to make it and its theirs. Everyone puts in work on their Shard and whether its one we would play or not is up to us...But to bash it I am totally against bashing anyones Shard or how they run it...;)

Aenima

Wanderer
I'm wondering how many of those servers would exist if no UO emulator was actually released, and that they'd have to code it from scratch. I'm thinking naught.

Not because the guys running it don't have the skill to do it (although they most likely wouldn't), but if they put all that time and effort into creating it, I don't think they'd be making items with 90million damage or force killing people they don't like etc. etc.

The Heretic

Wanderer
Storm33229 said:
Alright, "Uber" shards get bashed A LOT! Why? I mean yeah, personally I don't like them... so I don't play them. But it's kinda just like, if you have a problem with it, don't play there. UOG wasn't made for one specific kind of gameplay. It was made for ANY kind of gameplay.

Discuss
-Storm

Define "Uber Shard"

Sunshine

Wanderer
If you want uber you can have it

If you want osi like you can have it

If you want custom you can have it

Many choices out there to pick from ...and so all can have what they want..no one place is perfect..just have to find the one perfect for you ...

Sunshine

Wanderer
If you want it, its yours

OHh can I get this deal for real??

Everything I want any color I want..?? wowser sign me up ...

Oh wait..immature? ummm ..please erase my name....been there done that ..when I was 12 gags...I hate pimples

Sunshine said:
OHh can I get this deal for real??

Everything I want any color I want..?? wowser sign me up ...

Oh wait..immature? ummm ..please erase my name....been there done that ..when I was 12 gags...I hate pimples

rofl

-Storm

Alcyone

Sorceror
it takes all kinds.

I personally prefer something middle of the road, not uber, but with a little something more than osi, but you have to work for rest. But I'm not everyone. Btw, I read alot of flaming people who aren't expert coders. Everyone has to learn somewhere. Not everyone can be brilliant coders, but yet, they have fantastic managerial skills, so they make great shard admins. We'd be lost without both kinds of people.

The Heretic

Wanderer
Storm33229 said:
Uber = Everything given to you, Hues up the wazoo(dont tell me to define wazoo), If you want it, its yours. Immature GMs. Etc.

Haha i know what "wazoo" is. I hate shards like that, no offence if anyone here runs one, but i prefer a bit of a challege, well to some extent.

The Heretic said:
Haha i know what "wazoo" is. I hate shards like that, no offence if anyone here runs one, but i prefer a bit of a challege, well to some extent.
if your gonna uber anything out, make it hp. that way the duels wil last longer. uber weps = gheyzorz.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Ima Uber your an Uber wouldn't you like to be an Uber too...oh wait....

That is ummm dr. pepper song....NM...back to you normally scehdualed rants...:eek:

Asmir3

Sorceror
I personly hate those kind shard and cant stand them its just like gay to see u have 1000 health or 1000 mana and like 100fc/100fcr but i dont flame them or base them i just dont play it :)

Asmir3 said:
I personly hate those kind shard and cant stand them its just like gay to see u have 1000 health or 1000 mana and like 100fc/100fcr but i dont flame them or base them i just dont play it :)
lol not that much health...thats not an extended battle, thats a fucking hour. lol. am thinking 100-200 increase in healths and no increase in weps, mana or nething else, just to make battle little longer. no where near 1,000, that fucking crazy ass high.