RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima Online Chat Box

Trip3033

Sorceror
Ultima Online Chat Box

anyone know if there any such thing as a customized/patched chat box added for reg 2D client, somthing like Iris 2 has and Kingdom Reborn. the use of Enter to send messeges and a scroll hsitory of old messeges etc. etc.

really hate everytime i play other games for binding and not having to push enter to type :p and somtimes to much typing from peoples heads lol you get use to it after a while, but i play to many games hehehe

there is knives chat for chatting in game and it appears in the jurnal for a long time (unless you are being spammed by system messages lol)

you type
[c measege you want to send to all to hear <enter>

or can pm people in game also with private messages, etc

there is no other ingame chat system i know of

major reason being is it all has to be gump based, and each time you modify something on the gump (i.e. send message) it has to close existing gump and open new one, with all the old, plus the new info from you

then if you 2 or more hit enter while it is doing one, then has to sort through all to update with what
(since when you hit enter, they where typing, their stuff would probably be lost, since their enter was not hit, etc etc etc)

you would need to use a 3rd party program that works outside of UO
and basicly that means AOL (arrrrg), MSN or yahoo, etc

Garret

Sorceror
I'm sloowly walkin on runuo 1.0 scripts folder, entering Engines..
Suddenly! A Chat system!

Guys, your knowledge of the system with which you work, totaly sucks.

Aeolus

Sorceror
I remember the chat system from 1.0. It worked fine for what it was. Not sure why it was dropped?

Vorspire

Knight
Garret;815544 said:
I'm sloowly walkin on runuo 1.0 scripts folder, entering Engines..
Suddenly! A Chat system!

Guys, your knowledge of the system with which you work, totaly sucks.

Our knowledge doesn't suck, as you say :p

The reason the chat system is overlooked so much is because it is bulky and takes up almost the entire game-screen window, so people don't tend to use it and forget it's even there.

so that is the chat system that pops up error reports to me once in while
never knew what it was

just sometimes i get this weird chat error icon on my screen

must have been from some one trying to use the old system, and is broken on my version

i just thought it was the osi version of [c (from knives)

Garret

Sorceror
Vorspire;815580 said:
Our knowledge doesn't suck, as you say :p

The reason the chat system is overlooked so much is because it is bulky and takes up almost the entire game-screen window, so people don't tend to use it and forget it's even there.

Have you tried to resize or minimize it?