RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uo:kingdom Reborn

Theoderic

Sorceror
Freyd;694075 said:
hmn i cant login into shard. probably its problem with my old UO:KR Client Loader. could someone post here the newest version link?

i cant dl it from this

Ok i test upgrade to client.. btw new uokrloader is here:

>> Current Version: 1.0.5.2 <<

Updated: 29-06-2007

Link: Comments and Rating

zen_tooshi

Wanderer
UO:KR has a few problems.
1 -> Perspective angle. It is not consistant. Some things are at a more shallow angle, some things at a more deep angle.
2 -> The mounts were done poorly with the perspective angle, appearing to have very short legs, rather than long legs at a steep angle. This is primarily (in my opinion) because their legs are at a steeper angle then the rest of their body, and other mobiles. This one links to 1, but with mounts it is REALLY bad.
3 -> Paperdoll graphics. All characters look like they are ****ing a brick. On the Stratics forums I post on, one of the reviews of the paperdoll graphics was "Barefoot and Pregnant in KR" because the female chars look pregnant, and shoes don't load. On top of this, the female avatar and paperdoll BOTH have uneven boobs from the poor shading job.
4 -> Along with the paperdoll graphics, the items that are added to the paperdoll also seem not to fit. Equiping your character with a spell book in 2d UO is like having your character embrace the great book in her arms. In KR it looks like your dragging a hustler to the toilet <_<
5 -> Lack of definition between objects. This one is debatable as personal preference, and may be why players have experienced headaches after playing KR for a while. All of the lines defining an items "boarders" are blured so that it is difficult to see a single item. Some like this effect, as it presents a more "solid" world, others dislike it as they cannot always see a single item. Gems show this well. Put a gem down, and it looks like a blured glowing dot, rather then a cut jewel.
6 -> Chat system sucks. There are many keys tied in with gumps. So if you are like me, and forget to press enter before chatting <_< Or don't press it "right" (a light tap doesn't seem to count as pressing enter b/c of the game lag, which is NOT caused by connection speed) This leads to about 15 retarded gumps popping up where I mean to say bank.
7 -> Gump art is... non-existant. One thing about UO that sticks out is the gump design. Open your backpack, you have an open back pack to drag items around in. Open a book shelf, you have a shelf to put items on. In KR all gumps are wire outlined black boxes. Very... bland... basic... and won't impress anyone.
8 -> "old style" backpack available... except it is still just a black box with wires around it. So this is pretty much a failed attempt at giving us our beloved game back. btw there is also a "list" option for displaying inventory gumps. This one only displays 3 or 4 items at once, and is pretty useless.
9 -> Do to game lag (lag in KR is NOT from connection speed) you have to click something 20+ times to double click it. I stood in front of a door for 10 minutes when I first logged in to the test shard with KR just trying to open the **** door.

When I first heard of the graphics re-vamp UO was getting with KR, I was pretty excited. I had -never- played on an official shard, and with the beta of KR becomming an open beta I actually paid for a subscription. That is how excited I was. Unfortunately this is UO 3d all over again. Most of the mobiles representing beasts and monsters in the world look FRIGGIN BEAUTIFUL!!! The new fire elementals, the new beatle mount, they look great! Ogres too. Where EA drops the ball... and procceeds to trip on their shoeslace landing them face down in a cow pie, is the consistancy of artistic design, and most specifically player mobiles.

This is not WoW, or FFXI, or EQ2 where a character is a 3d model with a skin change to repesent different equipment. This is UO where adding a shirt adds a shirt. Putting on pants adds pants. You can't do it the same way! Some things work better in 2d, and some things work better in 3d. Playermobiles with the amount of customization of appearance as UO has are better done in 2d. Mobiles like ogres, dragons, ect are better in 3d. I prefer the 3d mobile graphics for monsters and such.

As for the world it's self... normally I would say a 3d world is better. However just like the player mobile, the world of UO is unique to mmorpg in how customizable it is! This is the only game where you can fully design a house, down to the friggin silverware. And for that customizability, I vote for 2d. It just runs smoother.

Roman Seer

Wanderer
hm...
I heard that UO KR have not login.cfg
How can you connect to yourself server?

offtopic: I saw "Titan Quest" game and thank - this is the graphic that new UO must have

xxx007xxx

Sorceror
all info has been release!

Roman Seer;694261 said:
hm...
I heard that UO KR have not login.cfg
How can you connect to yourself server?
RunUO core Mod(Network,encryption ) and Client Mod(login, encryption)

Neouni;693718 said:
Code:
			new LoginKey("7.0.10", 0x1f9c9575, 0x1bd26d6b),
http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...pporting-osi-client-encryption-ver-1-0-a.html
UODEV.de :: Forum anzeigen - UO:KR
I have nothing to do with this, google did it

Theoderic;694039 said:
Hi guis..

with new UOKR loader from: 28.6.07 ( here link )
Comments and Rating
with UOKR patch version 2-45-3-3 and connect to runuo is good but server is send message about Client Encryption..

Wait its only the beta of UOKR .
Real developer work on it.:)
some screen shot could be nice http://imageshack.us/

XoXa

Wanderer
Interestingly, and how in the client to change a statics or hues?
Somebody has something except for uop unpacker?

pharaogh

Wanderer
I used Supporting OSI Client Encryption and UoKRLoader.It works to my server and Connected,but client can't go to next step after i clicked login???:confused:

Apocrypha

Wanderer
You can set the encryption to "Login", "Game" or "Both" in the Loader. Make sure it's set to "Both."

Keep in mind that any code you find right now is only going to add very, very basic support right now. There are quite a few different groups working on KR, but it'll take some time for the client to be fully supported by the various emulators out there.

quantomsadmn

Wanderer
Just remember, supporting KR is illegal (hence why RunUO won't support it - they got warned), so any shards that support it could be shut down, but I assume if you indirectly support it "by accident" and don't post how to connect (such as using the DNS change stuff) then you should be safe. But I'd wait till beta is over as the packets are probably not yet written in cement.

HellRazor

Knight
Here we go again.

quantomsadmn;700238 said:
Just remember, supporting KR is illegal

No it isn't.

(hence why RunUO won't support it - they got warned)

No they didn't.

so any shards that support it could be shut down,

Just like pre-KR shards, although most shards that would be "shut down" would just be bullied into doing it voluntarily through "cease and desist" letters which are basically only threats.

but I assume if you indirectly support it "by accident" and don't post how to connect (such as using the DNS change stuff) then you should be safe.

Whether it was "on purpose" or "on accident" would really have no bearing whatsoever on any legal issues involved.

quantomsadmn

Wanderer
HellRazor;700315 said:
No it isn't.

Got any proof of this such as a statement from EA? (like their statement about freeshards before, stating it actually helped them)

Reason I ask is because I'd love to support KR on my shard, but don't want to if its illegal and last I heard, it is illegal, just like it is with WoW and such. Most WoW servers have been shut down.

Jeff

Lord
quantomsadmn;700523 said:
Got any proof of this such as a statement from EA? (like their statement about freeshards before, stating it actually helped them)

Reason I ask is because I'd love to support KR on my shard, but don't want to if its illegal and last I heard, it is illegal, just like it is with WoW and such. Most WoW servers have been shut down.

The only thing illegal is breaking their encryption and dissecting their file formats and modifying their client. However, if you write software that modifies these things in memory, thats not technically illegal. If it were, Anti-virus software would be obsolete and illegal as it uses the same techniques. Once a program is loaded into memory, its kinda like free domain. Supporting UOKR may be frowned upon by EA, and they could take legal action on whatever grounds they can if they really wanted to. However, they haven't stopped a single UO emulator in over 10 years, and I don't believe there is any incentive in it for them to start now.

Also, we never said EA contacted us not to support UOKR, we simply figured it'd be a good stopping point, and since RunUO is open source, if the support was wanted, someone would(and has) come up with a way to do it. IMO, UOKR isn't UO. It doesn't look good, it doesn't play good, and it most certainly isnt UO the way I remember or enjoyed UO. Then again, I really only liked UO up until T2A :)

quantomsadmn

Wanderer
Hmm good to know, so guess its safe to support it then. I think stuff like uokr loader do modify memory as well, and if I support their encryption on the shard, then I'm not actually breaking it, and twofish is free domain (I think). Time to crack out ethereal (now called wireshark) and get an OSI account.

Courageous

Wanderer
The only thing illegal is breaking their encryption and dissecting their file formats and modifying their client.

Why would dissecting their file formats or modifying the client be illegal?

C//

Jeff

Lord
Courageous;700543 said:
The only thing illegal is breaking their encryption and dissecting their file formats and modifying their client.

Why would dissecting their file formats or modifying the client be illegal?

C//
Because modifying these things requires some reverse engineering of these things and that is illegal in most areas of the world.

Courageous

Wanderer
Because modifying these things requires some reverse engineering of these things and that is illegal in most areas of the world.

I don't know about "most," Jeff, but I don't think in the US:

"reverse engineering" legal - Google Search

Now I'm quite sure that many EULAs try to contract you into not doing that, but that's a different matter...

C//