RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Playable versions with latest RUNUO

HaakOne2

Traveler
Can this site possibly Have the Installs of UO for whichever RUNUO version you may have installed? I do not think that OSI has the versions or the Ability to download patches any longer.

I could be completely wrong and there is a page on this site that has all of this.

I am currently DL All the UO versions via the http://svn.twuni.net/uoclient/t2a/tags/by-version/ Tortoise connect.

I'll come back and verify or come to ask another Question.

Thank You very much

HaakOne2

Traveler
This is going to suck but I must ask. I was here a couple of months ago and when I downloaded the latest RunUO it had inside of it the runUO.exe file to start the server. I came back to DL the latest 2.3 and it does not have the .exe to run the server. I have stated in the past that I have Cadasil a strange disease that disallows me from remembering anything. Can someone point out where or how I can make the .exe file for me to be able to play? I am so sorry but can't help not remembering.

Dian

Sorceror
If you downloaded the latest SVN version of RunUO, you have to take a few steps to make it work.

The Server folder is the 'Core' files, and by that, I mean those files are what create's the RunUO.exe
You would need to compile the Server files to create your RunUO.exe yourself..

HaakOne2

Traveler
If you downloaded the latest SVN version of RunUO, you have to take a few steps to make it work.

The Server folder is the 'Core' files, and by that, I mean those files are what create's the RunUO.exe
You would need to compile the Server files to create your RunUO.exe yourself..

Thank you for explaining that which I found out after of course writing that message. I do remember I had to use dos to make the exe but what are the commands to make the exe file? I have been searching and I have seen a couple of items but not sure if it is correct. Thanks again I have been searching for 2 days now :(

Dian

Sorceror
I really am uncertain how to go about that in DOS. I use Visual Studios for everything UO.

There are other free C# editors that can do a lot of the same though.. search for C# project editors.

fwiffo

Sorceror
assuming you are using windows in c:\windows and your Runuo CORE (READ: *SERVER* scripts) are in c:\Runuo\Server you need to do this in the command line:

Code:
cd c:\Runuo\Core

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\csc /out:Server.exe /recurse:.\*.cs /win32icon:.\server.ico /unsafe /o /D:Framework_4_0 /r:C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.dll;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.Core.dll;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.Data.dll;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.Xml.dll

with this you are using C#4 framework, that compiles much faster and has something else that could be handy when you get used to this language (if you area really into runuo/uo thing, you'll learn really fast, if you want to).

Also, inside your DATA/Assemblies.cfg you should have something like this:

Code:
System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll

you need to add "System.Core.dll"
so it becomes like this:
Code:
System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Core.dll

After doing those two steps, you can run the generated executable, that in the meantime you have to move in the root directory of runuo (where you have DATA, Scripts, etc)

HaakOne2

Traveler
After my my 500th search on this site I was able to find all the info I needed in pieces. I find it very simple now to update and launch my server. Easier than i originally thought.

Vorspire

Knight
For future reference and to those who would like to avoid the complex set-up procedure, take a look at RushUO (link in sig) - it's a mirror of RunUO's SVN Rev 1072 but it's all set up and ready to go!

HaakOne2

Traveler
Thank you as well Vorspire. Your answer should be a top link for those who have no ability to put there shard together luckily my brain still works on occasion considering my disease. Your a champ brother.