RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Rice won't remove encryption

zander11891

Sorceror
UO Rice won't remove encryption

When I try to use UORice I get this:

WARNING: LBR/NON LBR installation mismatch. Might cause troubles, consider reinstalling UO.
2D client <LBR/NON LBR mismatch, patchlevel:-1> : C:/program file/ea games/ultima online mondain's legacy/client.exe
WARNING: LBR/NON LBR installation mismatch. Might cause troubles, consider reinstalling UO.
3D client <LBR/NON LBR mismatch, patchlevel:-1> : C:/program file/ea games/ultima online mondain's legacy/UOTD.exe

Trying to remove 2D-client encryption
encryption changes too huge, plz email the author about it
Error, not patched.

Trying to remove 3D-client encryption
Error, not patched.

Would I be better off using Razor?

zander11891

Sorceror
I uninstalled it and reinstalled UOML and UORice still doesn't want to unencrypt UO. This time I patched it to 6.0.1.5... and I get the same error as before.

zander11891

Sorceror
Wasn't sure if I should have started a new thread or keep posting on this one but

I still get this error :/ and I only patched it to 6.0.3.1

2D client <LBR/NON LBR mismatch, patchlevel:-1> : C:/program file/ea games/ultima online mondain's legacy/client.exe
3D client <LBR/NON LBR mismatch, patchlevel:-1> : C:/program file/ea games/ultima online mondain's legacy/UOTD.exe

Trying to remove 2D-client encryption
Error, not patched.

Trying to remove 3D-client encryption
Error, not patched.

sAEder

Wanderer
There is a package somewhere on this forums that enables RunUO to encrypt/decrypt clients, so that you do not need to use tools like UO Rice or Razor to patch the encryption. I'm using it myself and it works like a charm.

sAEder

Wanderer
HERE you go. Download Ravon's 2.4 version and add it to your scripts. It should cover the LoginKey for the client version you are using from stock.

zander11891

Sorceror
Ok, so I got the login keys, but what do I do with them?
Sorry I just can't figure this out myself I don't understand it.

and thanks for your help by the way. :)

sAEder

Wanderer
zander11891;843128 said:
Ok, so I got the login keys, but what do I do with them?
Sorry I just can't figure this out myself I don't understand it.

and thanks for your help by the way. :)

Well, you have downloaded the 2.4 package, right? It should contain a folder called "Encryption". Copy that directory to your scripts folder and it should compile. As you are using a 6. client, no further editing should be needed. Then try to login with an encrypted client, you should notice some new information in the console to show up.

zander11891

Sorceror
Oh, so it has to be at least 6.0.0? Hmm, for some reason mine won't patch pass 5.0.8.1. I get this:

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-8-1.rtp( 150533 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-8-1.pat( 11 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_5-0-8-1.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

sAEder

Wanderer
Looks like it does not patch because there is something modified? Well, if you have no custom client-side updates so far, i suggest downloading UO ML again from EA - HERE - as this version pre-patched to 6.0.1.10. So you'll then have a "clean" install.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion and is not needed. Your client should be working, as this client is already in Configuration.cs, just have a look.

Did you try to login ?