RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Screen Flickering

stelman

Wanderer
UO Screen Flickering

Greetings
I have thoroughly checked over any Internet forum that even remotely mentioned screen flickering for uo under full screen but yet I see no joy.

My configuration is a windows 7 x64 running on a phenom 9950 BE with 4gb ram and hd 4850 Toxic with latest chipset and catalyst drivers.

I have disabled aero, picked classic interface in the themes, I ve turned off display counters, I do not use smart cpu reduction,played with the administrator and compatibility modes, however in Full screen mode I get a random flickering that I can't seem to lock down its source.

I know with razor you can force your screen size in windowed mode however I have come to the sad conclusion that for some reason when I spam spells the feedback i get from client seems rather slow.It's as if I m not getting the spell gump the exact moment the casting is over.However in Fullscreen mode the game seems so much fluent and response time when it comes to keyboard-client is really faster.For spell casting i m using the build in Uo macros.I use razor for the shard i want to connect to (ofc) and last target, target self.
I have experimented with 5.0.4 client up to 7.

Thank you for your time.

Vorspire

Knight
Could this be one of the rare cases where UO is simply too out-dated to work properly on a 64-bit platform?
Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.. :p

Anyhow, do you have the latest Graphics Drivers, Direct-X, etc? (Is UO 5.x.x rendered in fullscreen with DX at all?)
You should also check your Monitor's Refresh Rate, maybe turn it up a notch, although I don't know if this will help either...

stelman

Wanderer
Vorspire;833997 said:

Basically Yeah on everything you just said.Still no joy.I mean I did installed a virtual box windows xp gave it 2 gigabytes of ram but then again that was a gamble asking an outdated 97-98 game to work with virtual device drivers.It did play never the less in full screen with no flicker but with some spikes of lag.
Then after i ve read your answer I did started client itself without razor and got to starters screen on full screen left it for five minutes while i moved mouse and wrote stuff on the login bar.No flicker.Then I did same thing with razor.And i got 2-3 flickers within 5 minutes.What could possibly from razor cause this, I did try disabling the razor keys and flicker did not go away in game.

Jeff

Lord
stelman;834020 said:
I m on this already.No luck.

Weird, im running windows 7, x64, and do not have this issue. Then again, I don't play UO for more then....well, actually i don't really play UO.

shonuff5

Wanderer
To fix this just simply right click on razor and go to properties then click on the compatibility tab and check box to run program in windows xp sp3 mode.

stelman

Wanderer
shonuff5;840861 said:
To fix this just simply right click on razor and go to properties then click on the compatibility tab and check box to run program in windows xp sp3 mode.

thanks for the reply but been there done that.I ve read someplace that this can be caused by overclocked graphics.Thing is my toxic hd 4850 is oc'ed by the factory.Anyway I ve abandoned the whole idea.