RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UORice issues on 6.0.6.0 client in linux

cubber

Wanderer
UORice issues on 6.0.6.0 client in linux

I can't get it to decrypt the client. It keeps telling me that UO is not installed. I have tried placing the uo_rice.exe file directly in the UO client (6.0.6.0) directory and it still give the UO is not installed error. I also tried running it on a windows client (6.0.6.0) and it gives the same error.

Any way to fix this?

HellRazor

Knight
Have you installed UO on your windows server?

I'm not positive, but UO_RICE may be reading the UO install path from the system registry, which is written to when you actually install UO.

cubber

Wanderer
I am not running a server on windows, just gentoo linux. I have installed the UO client on both windows and linux and tried to use UOrice on both installs with the same output, "UO is not installed". I can enter my linux server with the client on the windows PC by using razor. I would like to be able to get to it on my linux laptop though and my other linux pcs.

Greystar

Wanderer
cubber;749979 said:
I am not running a server on windows, just gentoo linux. I have installed the UO client on both windows and linux and tried to use UOrice on both installs with the same output, "UO is not installed". I can enter my linux server with the client on the windows PC by using razor. I would like to be able to get to it on my linux laptop though and my other linux pcs.

Not sure but Razor might run in Wine if you can install .Net 1.1 Framework... It might be better asking this question in the relavent software's forum though. I think UO Rice may also have issues with the most recent version of the client...

Jeff

Lord
@ 6.0.6.0 EA changed alot of registers in the client, nothing is in the same place as it use to be, this is why UORice fails.

Jeff

Lord
@ 6.0.6.0 EA changed alot of registers in the client, nothing is in the same place as it use to be, this is why UORice fails.

cubber

Wanderer
ahh ok so no UO under linux then? Or is there another way besides attempting vmware-server and razor? Which I am installing an XP VM now to try.

Draegen

Sorceror
I contacted LB about uorice not working with lastest version of UO client im sure he will fix it soon as he has time.

cubber

Wanderer
Hmm no registry in linux. I got a windows XP VM up and running and installed the client there and am able to connect to my server using razor. I guess that will do until uorice is fixed. Now I just gotta figure out how to get mobs to spawn in my shard!

HellRazor

Knight
Jeff;750015 said:

Those changes occured in 6.0.6.2. UO RICE works with 6.0.6.0 and 6.0.6.1.

cubber

Wanderer
How do I get it to work on a 6.0.6.0 or 6.0.6.1 client? Every time I try it gives me the UO is not installed error. This is on windows or linux. I have tried dropping it right into the UO install folder with no luck. I downloaded it from the link on the bottom of this page:

Welcome to the home of Lord Binary's UO-RICE!

Do I have the right version of uorice?

HellRazor

Knight
Yep, that's it. I can't tell you why its not working for you. Works for me up until 6.0.6.2. You might be better off using Razor instead.

cubber

Wanderer
Razor does not work in Linux though. I downloaded my client from the ftp link here: Utlima Online - Mondain's Legacy then after installing it I updated it to 6.0.6.0 and then pressed the cancel button when it started to download 6.0.6.1.

Do I have the right client for uorice?

HellRazor

Knight
Run client.exe (not uo.exe). The client should load and you can see the version number at the bottom of the main menu.

HellRazor

Knight
Question, do you have UO installed on your windows box?

Because I think that UO-RICE will always read client.exe from the installation directory (which is written to the Windows system registry when UO installs).

So if you have UO installed, and the version of client.exe in your install directory is 6.0.6.2, that is the one it is trying to patch.

cubber

Wanderer
It is installed on both windows and linux and I stopped the patcher at 6.0.6.0 on both. The windows client shows 6.0.6.0 for a version when I run it. UORICE is in the UO directory on the windows pc and spews out "UO Not installed"

The way I installed UO was downloaed the setup.exe file from the FTP link and then ran it, then started UO and it started to patch.

Installed it the same way in wine on linux.

HellRazor

Knight
Check the system registry in Windows.

Run Regedit.

Go to the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORIGIN WORLDS ONLINE/ULTIMA ONLINE/1.0"

Those keys holds the path for UO, the path to the client, etc.

If that key is either missing, or is showing a different path, that is likely the problem.

Take a look and tell me what that says.

This is the only possible thing I can think of that would cause UO_RICE to not even see your client.

I know for sure it works with 6.0.6.1 because I have a No_Crypt_Client.exe for that version created by UO_RICE.

I can't speak about the Linux end because I don't know enough about Linux to advise on that side.

cubber

Wanderer
Mine says:

Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\KR Legacy Beta

So the client I downloaded 2 days ago must change things.

Melanius

Wanderer
UORice 3.5 doesn't path 6.0.7 (under Darwine), it gives:

Code:
Welcome to Lord Binary's UO-RICE version minus 3.5

Mode: NO_CRYPT

error opening client dir 3
WARNING: LBR/NON LBR installation mismatch
. Might cause troubles, consider reinstalling UO.

2D client (LBR/NON LBR mismatch, patchlevel:-1) : C:\PROGRAM FILES\EA GAMES\ULTIMA ONLINE MONDAIN'S LEGACY\CLIENT.EXE 
error opening client dir 3
WARNING: LBR/NON LBR installation mismatch
. Might cause troubles, consider reinstalling UO
3D client (LBR/NON LBR mismatch, patchlevel:-1) : C:\PROGRAM FILES\EA GAMES\ULTIMA ONLINE MONDAIN'S LEGACY\UOTD.EXE 

Trying to remove 2D-client encryption
encryption changes too huge, plz email the author about it
Error, not patched.

Trying to remove 3D-client encryption.
encryption changes too huge, plz email the author about it
Error, not patched.

Thx for using UO-Rice !

Guess we'll have to wait for an update :)