RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on 1.0.0

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Update on 1.0.0

Just wanted to let all of you know that progress is coming along on RunUO 1.0.0, however we pretty much didn't get anything done this entire weekend. The RunUO network was under attack and we were working around it during the weekend. We've reported all of the attackers to the proper abuse departments (most of them people who have no idea they were involved). No one really saw a service interruption other than UO Gamers, our main shard.

Sorry again, and we will keep you updated on progress as things move along.

[edit] corrected typo's [/edit]

ainis

Wanderer
Shard attack .... sigh.
Looks like someone is pushing away RunUO team; keeping them busy on other tasks.

Snobothehobo

Sorceror
RunUO Team > Hackers.

Hopefully these people will quit wasting their time attacking UO Gamers for no apparent reason except to be morons...

Hybrid

Wanderer
Sorry to hear that some mental is targeting you.

We'll wait. :)

(maybe its us who attack by refreshing all the time in hope of that "post") :eek:

Munka

Wanderer
Sad really, that these people have nothing better to do than make trouble for others. I hope they get what coming. I look forward to the next release, delayed or not. Keep up the great work Ryan! We're all behind you with this!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
NO ONE, will deter our effrots, they may re-route some of the manpower, however we've grown the team and have people specifically concentrated on the next release :)

NeoFalcon

Wanderer
Sorry, I believed that last "stopped weekend" went to be "the premonition of the big & waited announcement".
Thanks; I'll wait always for the waited & new release :)

bzk90

Lord
pethetic sk's well good luck to the dev team we all await for the next release and the horror of updating all the custom codes into the new code ;/ good job sofar and and goodluck to everyone

i to hopethe attackers get the proper punishment

Ryan,

Keep up the great work....and just stay focused....

BTW, I just successfully negotiated a civil settlement offer for a client of mine who was subject to massive DOS attacks by an ex-employee.....very lucratice for my client.

Not sure where you are located but grab your attorney and pursue it....courts are coming down heavy (at least in NY) on this behavior, probably since people are beginning to understand the technology....

It could be very lucratice to you and RUNUO to pursue the matter through legal channels....

Anyway, the entire RunUo team has enabled me to put out a great shard...that my players love....and I have RunUO to thank for that.

Adam

LordHogFred

Knight
Get their IPs and track them then send a hitman to deal with 'em :p

No really, I'm glad to hear that despite these hacking attempts that the team are still devoted to their work, I have a lot of respect for you guys cos no matter what seems to happen you'll carry on :cool:

Nice one :),

budrojr

Wanderer
General Time Frame for Release?

On the time frame for the new release, how estimateable is it? Are we talking a week, a month? Just very anxious and curious.

WarStoke

Wanderer
D### LOWSEY APES why they got to disrupt this beutiful prodject
its just jealousy of its greatness i bet they work for osi or they are (spit) sphere users

May their hard disk controllers forever fail and their cpu's constantly overheat. Damn them... I have everything in place for an upgrade can't really do much else until that is complete.

Guess I'll script something silly... *thinks*

LordHogFred

Knight
Captain The First said:
May their hard disk controllers forever fail and their cpu's constantly overheat. Damn them... I have everything in place for an upgrade can't really do much else until that is complete.

Guess I'll script something silly... *thinks*

Why dont you take a look at my request in the subscriber forums :p
Just an idea :p

orpheus

Sorceror
Snobothehobo said:
RunUO Team > Hackers.

Hopefully these people will quit wasting their time attacking UO Gamers for no apparent reason except to be morons...

calling them hackers is giving them too much credit.
just because you can download a dos program and type in a few adresses and click
go doesn't make you a hacker.

we all get attacks on our computers daily, just because someone scans ip ranges
until they can cause damage because its 'cool'.

LordDark462

Wanderer
It don't take much effort to create a dos network. The programs do it them selfs spreding and infecting one by one. all the main person does is issue 1 command and the network carries it out.

may the person whos doing this have there hard drive make the sound of a yetti.

cfaust

Wanderer
The term Hacker used to be such a positive name once upon a time; I wouldn't use the term hacker to describe the wanna-be attackers. I am pretty sure they check these forums out to see if thier childish antics have caused any harm or grief and I hope they can read these words while they are at it. The attackers on RunUO are more than likely nothing more than childish morons with nothing better to do than to cause as many people grief or to raise anger by any means possible. They do not deserve the name "Hacker" because it is apparent they can't even tie their shoes without downloading cheat codes from a code website, they probably need a recipe for ice cubes.