RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on next release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Update on next release...

We just wanted to make you aware that we will be doing a new release after the holiday is over. Right now both Krrios and Myself are out of town for the holiday so it isn't really possible to do the release. Our plan was to have it ready to do for the new year but it will come a little after 1/1/05 ;)

Just thought you all might like a progress update on the next release and we wish you all a very happy holiday and new year.

Thanks,
Ryan

AHappyAdmin

Wanderer
Nice been waiting long time for this :>

Oh and you ALL can thank DEFIANCE for this release if they never made their own factions NOBODY would be getting this release...

You can say what you want but everyone knows they were "tested" for months to hord players...
(Unless your so far up his ass you cant see or hear anything)

jaynigs

Wanderer
AHappyAdmin said:

Oh and you ALL can thank DEFIANCE for this release if they never made their own factions NOBODY would be getting this release...

You can say what you want but everyone knows they were "tested" for months to hord players...

What in the hell are you talking about? Runuo isnt only about factions, factions dont even equate in the top 100 of the best runuo features and additions over the years since runuo started, factions are a pvp addition made by osi to try and get players back from pre uor days and make up for the fact that they changed the whole game and lost most of their die hard pvp enthusiasts, also to get more peoplpe into the empty felucca as everyone was in trammel. factions were always going to be in runuo sooner or later along with every other system and feature that is currently on osi. If they were not on osi, they would never be in Runuo.

If factions hoard players to a shard, then i find that extremely sad.. as i do your suggestion that runuo is developing and being released simply for the addition of factions ( which i might add may not even be in the next release anyway! lol )

Please get your facts correct before posting nonsense, i see this only as a cheap advert for a pathetic shard.. - Defiance

The only thanks they will get from me is the example of how NOT to run a shard.

Erica

Knight
jaynigs said:
What in the hell are you talking about? Runuo isnt only about factions, factions dont even equate in the top 100 of the best runuo features and additions over the years since runuo started, factions are a pvp addition made by osi to try and get players back from pre uor days and make up for the fact that they changed the whole game and lost most of their die hard pvp enthusiasts, also to get more peoplpe into the empty felucca as everyone was in trammel. factions were always going to be in runuo sooner or later along with every other system and feature that is currently on osi. If they were not on osi, they would never be in Runuo.

If factions hoard players to a shard, then i find that extremely sad.. as i do your suggestion that runuo is developing and being released simply for the addition of factions ( which i might add may not even be in the next release anyway! lol )

Please get your facts correct before posting nonsense, i see this only as a cheap advert for a pathetic shard.. - Defiance

The only thanks they will get from me is the example of how NOT to run a shard.
i am with you jaynigs hehe

Ingvarr

Wanderer
Heh, agree.
In fact Ive heard that they tweaked their online counts recently to look "the biggest shard" on UOGateway list, seem that they are a little jealous of UOGamers ;)

Vidi

Page
Yeah cause factions wasnt being worked on by the dev team for MONTHS now.
/sarcasm

You know who we have to thank for this upcoming release?

Ryan and the rest of the dev team.

Thanks guys. I look forward to seeing the SE content officially supported.

HellRazor

Knight
Defiance can thank RunUO that they have a server emulator to run their shard on.

P.S. I sure hope you are not representative of the quality of their player base.

AHappyAdmin said:

cfaust

Wanderer
I for one, and I'm sure there are a lot of other community members that are tired of hearing about factions, tired of hearing about how this person doesn't know this, or that, and really tired of folks taking credit for things beyond their control.

To Ryan; and the rest of the development team: Please do not let those who would try and rain on the parade so to speak, bother you. Just know that there are at least 100 people (maybe more) to every 1 nay sayer, so the people that are behind you and rooting for the good guys, far out number the wanna-be's by thousands. Your product has far surpassed anything in the emulator realm in a shorter period of time, this speaks volumes of you and your team.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
AHappyAdmin said:

Yah that's right dumbass... you know what's going on dont you.

Do you know that the current RunUO core suffers from a bug in Gen 2 garbage collection that we are committed to getting rid of before the Opensource release? No you dont, do you also know that Defiance has nothing to do with us releasing factions?

I mean come on, is YOUR head that far up Defiance's ass that you think they are the reason Factions are going to be released? Hell I could in one swift commit yank them out of the release. Factions have NOTHING to do with the RunUO release, and in fact are a script that we have been testing for months with other shards, and have hammered out almost every bug in it.

You dont know shit, you're a deluded little youngin. When you get your head on straight you can try to tell people who to thank.

Remind me of one thing... how many lines of REAL factions did the Defiance admin's code?

Yah, exactly... NONE. Their glorified order/chaos is not factions. It is however something they like and their players like.

cfaust

Wanderer
Damn, and I held back

Back to the thread now eh? :)

Happy new years to all; and thank you for the release news. I forgot that I originally wanted to post something nice here, I'm so easily sidetracked by deviations from the original subject.

futureland

Wanderer
oh...Ryan..

Ryan said:
Yah that's right dumbass... you know what's going on dont you.

Do you know that the current RunUO core suffers from a bug in Gen 2 garbage collection that we are committed to getting rid of before the Opensource release? No you dont, do you also know that Defiance has nothing to do with us releasing factions?

I mean come on, is YOUR head that far up Defiance's ass that you think they are the reason Factions are going to be released? Hell I could in one swift commit yank them out of the release. Factions have NOTHING to do with the RunUO release, and in fact are a script that we have been testing for months with other shards, and have hammered out almost every bug in it.

You dont know shit, you're a deluded little youngin. When you get your head on straight you can try to tell people who to thank.

Remind me of one thing... how many lines of REAL factions did the Defiance admin's code?

Yah, exactly... NONE. Their glorified order/chaos is not factions. It is however something they like and their players like.

maybe, RunUO has release complete.
You make the faction and distribute widely at this world.

It is the deed to make so that we destroy ourselves the freeserver.

How posthumous works not to become are due because it widely distribute and do the play any server.

so, That many freeshard users are dispersion.

Ryan, you must think this about.

just, you hope fight will OSI vs RunUO.

Ryan, when you must think it.

You must do not develop RunUO Faction system.

It is for the RunUO users.

Thanks.

by, Super Matiz

futureland

Wanderer
Sep102 said:
Wow, did anyone else get an aneurism trying to understand each of those sentences or was it just me?

what the hell.

can't you understand?

faction system is for the 150+over user server.

many server can't use faction system.

because, they has small PvP users.

do you understand?

by ::aka. Super Matiz::

Sep102

Page
If a shard does not wish to use Factions then they do not have to use Factions, just as how they do not have to use AOS.

Anyways, who are you to decide who needs Factions and who doesn't? Perhaps a smaller shard would like to have Factions as well if even if just for the reason of being able to call themselves further OSI compliant.

Also, Factions do not make shards. Factions are merely another one of the unnecesary luxuries that the RunUO server provides (or will provide) to us, so I, as well as many other people, cannot at all fathom why you people are making such a problem over Factions.

JASenpai

Wanderer
Gracias por el trabajo muchachos ^^, agradecemos su esfuerzo los shards de latinoamerica ^^

Tnxs for the job guys.

bzk90

Lord
id suggest futureland learn to atleast word his sentences properly, i know my english isnt great but i dint understand anything in his first post
this is what i got from it.

ryan must think befor releasing factions
something about dispersion of players

thats about it, can we get a linguist?

HellRazor

Knight
God, I am so sick of hearing about factions.

There is a lot of other great stuff going into the next RunUO release, factions is just one feature of many. And if you don't want factions, just remove them, it sounds like they can either be toggled on or off, or easily taken out.

I'm starting to feel like the BEST thing about the next RunUO release is that hopefully after that I will never have to hear anyone whine about factions ever again!

Status
Not open for further replies.