RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 1/4/04: Cleric Spells v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voran

Wanderer
The players need to have the correct skills to cast the spells
They need to have tithing points.
If you want to make a spellbook, make a spellbook. If you want to tie it into a character class, edit whatever class system you're using.

joshw

Sorceror
Excellent script! Just one question the banish evil I'm assuming is like turn undead spell from D&D is it possibile for it to banish certain undead creatures at certain SS skill levels? just and idea for you. Can't wait to see exp and class scripts you have been waiting for something like that for awhile.

Opps one more thinmg is it possible to havethe gump close when a spell is casted so you would have to pray again?

Devious

Wanderer
well reason i said what i said Dev is that the script doesn't look the same. but i am gonna try it and see what happens. will let you know.

Devious

Wanderer
alright Dev forget my previous post. i found the spot it goes in that custom baseweapon.cs, works like a charm. thx man for all the info and the scripts.

Tru

Knight
its not meant to have a spellbook
if you need it to be one that bad you will have to write it
I for one apluad you TheOutkastDev one more spellbook was just what I didn't need :D

wolf

Wanderer
your gonna want to put this on your sig, thx, good job, my players love it...
_________
Wolf Owner Of AOD
www.freewebs.com/deadlyalliancei/
got Korn n my homepge lol
:twisted:

angelovoconi said:
you can post a code to a spellbook to this class? :oops:
i too like have all my many magiks in spellbooks. And for the Dungeon Master, ONE spellbook prefferably. A "grand Grimoire" if you will.

However - from an RPG point of view, clerics typically don't much more than dabble with magik. A cleric "spell" is actually a prayer to his or her diety. and the "spell" effect is said deity answering the prayer. If a cleric wanted too he or she could of course use magik, or other preternatural forces. Just as Druids (a form of cleric) use the forces of Nature. But a clerics ability to harness the force of his/her disipline comes not from the possession and mastery of this or that scroll and reagent. it comes from the devotion to and the faith in his or her diety. This is why Clerics and Magik Users are of different classes.
I completely understand and agree with dev's disition to keep them off parchment.
cleric
noun : a clergyman or other person in religious orders [syn: churchman, divine, ecclesiastic]

angelovoconi

Wanderer
example:
'La bibbia' i wont a book of cleric whith all magic are included into the books....

i don't have a druid but i dont can start from my beta

'The Bible' ? can a priest without his bible bless you? can he exorsize a daemon without a bible? i think he can.

i do see your point however. good luck with that.

angelovoconi said:
example:
'La bibbia' i wont a book of cleric whith all magic are included into the books....

i don't have a druid but i dont can start from my beta

Get over it. I won't make a damn spellbook for these spells.

Voran

Wanderer
Are you doing this deliberately to make Outkast angry? he just said he would not make a spellbook.

Etalicus

Sorceror
yah get over the spell book unless you plan on making one which you seem to be stuck on.
or tie it to a class.

oh Yah Great Script!!

lincy

Wanderer
This is really cool script. But too powerful. so, I add the map check.

[code:1]
using System;
using System.Collections;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Targeting;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Prompts;

namespace Server
{
public class ClericCommands
{
public static void Initialize()
{
EventSink.Speech += new SpeechEventHandler( Speech_Event );
}

public static void Speech_Event( SpeechEventArgs e )
{

if ( e.Speech.ToLower().IndexOf( "i pray to the gods" ) != -1 )
{
bool DoMapCheck = true; // If you don't want the map check, set this value to false

if ((DoMapCheck) && (e.Mobile.Map.Name != "Ilshenar") && (e.Mobile.Map.Name != "Malas"))
{
if (e.Mobile.Language == "CHT")
{
e.Mobile.SendMessage("你的神並不存在於這個世界!");
}
else
{
e.Mobile.SendMessage("Your God not exist in this world !");
}
}
else
{
if ( !e.Mobile.CheckAlive() )
{
e.Mobile.SendMessage( "You cannot pray while dead." );
}
else
{
e.Mobile.CloseGump( typeof ( ClericGump ) );
e.Mobile.SendGump( new ClericGump( e.Mobile ) );
}
}
}
}
}
}
[/code:1]

I only allow player to use this spell in Ilshenar and Malas. Enjoy it. My player love it. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.