RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 1/4/04: Cleric Spells v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horde_Pil said:
just wondering, why nor ser this to spell group Cleric instead of custom?

also will this be updated later?

Im not sure I understand your question.. Why is it in namespace Sever.Spells.Custom instead of Server.Spells.Cleric? is that your question?

It will be updated if bugs are found or they no longer function after a beta release.

darkwonderer

Wanderer
Necromancy Issues

Hi guys I thought that while it makes sense that this spell set uses spirit speak as its casting skill, that there would be issues with Necromancers also gaining access to these spells as SS is a msut skill for it. So I added a simple bit of code so players can not gain access to the gump if they have necromancy. Use it if you want I just didnt want necromancer/healers.

Just add this code in speech.cs under checkalive.

else if(e.Mobile.Skills[SkillName.Necromancy].Base>=30.0)
{
e.Mobile.SendMessage( "The Gods of Healing will not listen to you!" );
}

How would I go about changing what skill is needed for the spells? I am not sure how I would link it to just one of my races so I was thinking I could set the skill it uses to some rather useless skill that no other class needs and then allow the race I wish to gain this skill and thus be the only race allowed to use this spell. If it is really easy to make it do a check of what race a player is to use this spell then could you maybe show me that aswell too? Thanks a heap in advance for all help.

*EDIT*
I always feel like such a goof after i write these things because I end up figuring them out... So I know how to get it to use a different skill! Woo hoo for me ;) But if it is easy to make it check for a race instead I would love that!

joshw

Sorceror
ok in the speech.cs im trying to get it to reconize an item before bringing up gump sorta like the orkishkin mask for isenemy Ill post what i have but can't seem to get it to work

[code:1]using System;
using System.Collections;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Targeting;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Prompts;
using Server.Misc;

namespace Server
{
public class ClericCommands
{
public static void Initialize()
{
EventSink.Speech += new SpeechEventHandler( Speech_Event );
}

public static void Speech_Event( SpeechEventArgs e )
{
if ( e.Speech.ToLower().IndexOf( "i seek the voice of domus" ) != -1 )
{
if ( !e.Mobile.CheckAlive() )
{
e.Mobile.SendMessage( "You cannot pray while dead." );
}
else if ( e.Mobile && e.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.Neck ) is AmuletofDomus )
{
e.Mobile.SendMessage( "You have the faith of Domus." );
}

else
{
e.Mobile.CloseGump( typeof ( ClericGump ) );
e.Mobile.SendGump( new ClericGump( e.Mobile ) );
}
}
}
}
} [/code:1]
and here is the error
[code:1] - Error: Scripts\Spells\Cleric\Speech.cs: CS0117: (line 27, column 55) 'Server.
SpeechEventArgs' does not contain a definition for 'FindItemOnLayer'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
[/code:1]

Crackerjack

Wanderer
I was tinkering with the Cleric System and was looking to make two skill checks for it instead of just one. I wanted to make it also check for healing skill (same required level as spirt speak), but am having problems implementing it. Is there a way to have it check for two Caster.Skills? Any help would be appreciated.

Markvg

Wanderer
i will try to make a cleric spellbook. No Scrolls they're too much extra work. try using my current druid spellbook and chiavlry spellbook to make the new one. Lets hope....

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
hey dont bother with a spell book, here use what i am using.. i made this item so players can only use the spells if they had this rare item.

i just quickly smashed it in with some other scripts so its not all that clean but it works ;0)

[code:1]
using System;
using Server.Network;
using System.Collections;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Targeting;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Prompts;

namespace Server.Items
{
[FlipableAttribute( 0x13F9, 0x13F8 )]
public class ClericStaff : BaseStaff
{
public override WeaponAbility PrimaryAbility{ get{ return WeaponAbility.WhirlwindAttack; } }
public override WeaponAbility SecondaryAbility{ get{ return WeaponAbility.ArmorIgnore; } }

public override int AosIntelligenceReq{ get{ return 30;} }
public override int AosDexterityReq{ get{ return 30;} }
public override int AosStrengthReq{ get{ return 20; } }
public override int AosMinDamage{ get{ return 12; } }
public override int AosMaxDamage{ get{ return 20; } }
public override int AosSpeed{ get{ return 39; } }

public override int OldStrengthReq{ get{ return 35; } }
public override int OldMinDamage{ get{ return 8; } }
public override int OldMaxDamage{ get{ return 33; } }
public override int OldSpeed{ get{ return 35; } }

[Constructable]
public ClericStaff() : base( 0x13F8 )
{
Name = "Cleric Staff";
Hue = 1150;

WeaponAttributes.HitLeechMana = 10;
Attributes.WeaponDamage = 30;
Attributes.SpellChanneling = 1;
Consecrated = true;
Attributes.CastSpeed = 2;
Attributes.Luck = 50;
Attributes.CastRecovery = 2;
Attributes.AttackChance = 25;
Attributes.DefendChance = 25;

}

public override void GetDamageTypes( out int phys, out int fire, out int cold, out int pois, out int nrgy )
{
phys = 20;
nrgy = 40;
pois = 0;
fire = 20;
cold = 20;
}

public SkillMod m_SkillMod0;

public override bool OnEquip( Mobile from )
{
m_SkillMod0 = new DefaultSkillMod( SkillName.SpiritSpeak, true, 15 );
from.AddSkillMod( m_SkillMod0 );
Mobile m = (Mobile)from;

string modName = this.Serial.ToString();

m.AddStatMod( new StatMod( StatType.Int, modName + "Int", 10, TimeSpan.Zero ) );

return base.OnEquip( from );
}

public override void OnRemoved( object parent )
{
if ( m_SkillMod0 != null )
{
m_SkillMod0.Remove();
m_SkillMod0 = null;
}

if ( parent is Mobile )
{
Mobile m = (Mobile) parent;

string modName = this.Serial.ToString();

m.RemoveStatMod( modName + "Int" );
}

base.OnRemoved( parent );
}

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
{
if ( Parent != from )
{
from.SendMessage( "You must equip this item to use it..");
}
else
{
from.CloseGump( typeof ( ClericGump ) );
from.SendGump( new ClericGump( from ) );
}
}

public ClericStaff( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
{
}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
{
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
{
base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
}
}
}
[/code:1]

Cyberspud

Wanderer
These are supposed to be prayers...the spell book thing doesn't make sense, so no spell book is fine.

Some other customization suggestions would be to check for karma and necromancy. Karma has to be higher then 10k for the prayers to be heard. And if a player has any necromancy, their knowledge of the dark arts hinders their praying.

I added this to stop all the necro cleric bards running around on my shard. :D

Cyberspud said:
These are supposed to be prayers...the spell book thing doesn't make sense, so no spell book is fine.

Some other customization suggestions would be to check for karma and necromancy. Karma has to be higher then 10k for the prayers to be heard. And if a player has any necromancy, their knowledge of the dark arts hinders their praying.

I added this to stop all the necro cleric bards running around on my shard. :D

righteo, i'll add this as soon as i stop throwing up ( day 2 ... ).

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Ack, I didn't mean you had to add them (especially if you are ill) ... just offering it as suggestions to others...

Waaah, now I feel guilt...

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Ack, I didn't mean you had to add them (especially if you are ill) ... just offering it as suggestions to others...

Waaah, now I feel guilt...

kriggle

Wanderer
I have been reading over the cleric spell system and it definately sounds like something I want to try out, however I was wondering if someone could give a more simplified answer (for someone with a lot less knowledge of this stuff) as to how to set the skill checks it requires when bringing up the Cleric Spell Gump. I have seen it mentioned on the topic quite a few times, but I don't really understand what script is actually being edited/implemented to prevent Necros from accessing cleric spells and such. Also, the cleric spells are basically open to any class of character, provided they have the required skills to cast and I was wondering if someone could also give me the simplified description of what skills it does check for? Thanks in advance (sorry I don't understand this stuff better, but eventually I'll probly catch on and be able to stop bugging you guys).
--Kriggle--

kriggle

Wanderer
Ok, I installed the cleric system just to see how it works, and naturally I had to cast some of the spells. Unfortunately, after casting the spell that changes you into an angel on myself, I am no longer able to access my bank box or have any NPCs respond to my talking, but all the other accounts still work fine. Is there something I didn't install right or is there a property that I may have accidentally set on myself to silence me? *Feels dumber every minute*

Status
Not open for further replies.