RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 11/21/03: Spellcrafting v2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated: Spellcrafting v2.1

Click here to download

Summary:
Craft system that allows players to craft magics and apply them to armors, weapons, shields and jewelry.

Description:
Similiar to the DAoC craft system but modified for Ultima Online. Players can collect spellcraft jewels and add them to their Book of Spellcrafts. Those proficient in Alchemy and Inscribing magics can conjure magics and affix them to items to allow greater selection in armor strengths and weaknesses. However, the magics are not always stable and backfire, taking that precious item with it and leaving a nasty burn on the crafter...

v2.2 Changelog:
ADDITIONS
- Settable Minimum Skill Levels for Alchemy and Inscribe
to allow spellcrafting.

- bool CountResistBonuses - if true, resist bonuses will
count toward the max properties allowed.

- spellcraft book now remembers last page player was on
when book was closed/craft was selected.

v2.1 Changelog:
FIXES

- canceling target still used up resources
- targeting items outside of your backpack possible

ADDITIONS

- BraceletsRingsOnly - if true, only bracelets and rings
are valid spellcraft jewelry

v2.0 Changelog:
FIXES

- client crash issue with guardian of the magics
- stacking jewel bug leaving basespellcraft and generic jewels
after seperating
- weapon damage was not useable on jewelry
- possible double loot issue on guardians

ADDITIONS

- Non AoS support
- ArtifactsCraftable added to Spellcraft.cs. If true, artifacts
can be spellcrafted, if false, they cannot be spellcrafted.

Installation:
Unzip and install in your customs folder. READ THE README FILE. IT HAS IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Tork

Wanderer
I do beleive im AOS enabled (not sure where to look if i am or not) but i get a you dont have enough jewels to affix... and i have 7,000 of the jewels. Not AOS enabled? or do i need more jewels then that?

P.S i am useing the right jewel for what im trying to do :) heheh dex for test.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
you need a different jewel, use [add magicjewel all you need is one...

however it will use a jewel regardless of if it can be crafted... either way this system rocks (votes #5)

please by all means keep up the scripting cause you seem great at it

Re: Spellcrafting v1.0

TheOutkastDev said:
READ THE README FILE. IT HAS IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Please guys. Do read the readme file. It tells you all that stuff and a few of the modifiable options such as property limits, fail chances and such.

Just incase you still dont read it, to get the magic jewels you can [add guardianofthemagics each one has 3 on him.

Tork

Wanderer
ok i give. my IQ has gone from 121 to 5 in 0.1 clicks of the old atomic ticker. :oops: Thx for the fast respones.

Tork

Wanderer
Sorry man, i did read it, but i missed that part, could be that im running on 2 hours sleep in the last 72 hours. Life can be rude ;)

Tork

Wanderer
BTW tokd you might want to lookup Tru and Krazy. that CraftBook you got there is a nice peice of work, they are guna be working on a Spellbook for the Ultima VII spells. Might be of some use to them.

P.S works like a charm man :) great job and thx again.

Tru

Knight
Tork said:
BTW tokd you might want to lookup Tru and Krazy. that CraftBook you got there is a nice peice of work, they are guna be working on a Spellbook for the Ultima VII spells. Might be of some use to them.

P.S works like a charm man :) great job and thx again.

nono i was gonna attempt it but krazy's done all the work

The craft book actually functions much like the normal spellbook but modified for crafts only and craft only handling.

btw: For the NON - AOS users... I have already started working on the pre-AoS magics stuff so the next version WILL support both AoS and non AoS beautifully.

Tork

Wanderer
Sorry to be a pain but i have a problem. i just added the Guardian of the magics to a XML spawner, works great,then i tried to kill him, first time out i hit him one time and drop to desktop, (server did not rebbot). so i went back into game. and this time i hit him like 4 times, then again i dropped to desktop. (still server did not reboot) can you think of a reaseon why this may accure?
I understand that could be a number of reason, like custom scripts and what not. just hopeing you maybe able to give me a starting point.
BTW im use a Admin char for this test, as a player would most likely not live to tell the tail ;)

Tork

Wanderer
No sorry or i would have posted it. lol for once i wish it had crashed. then i would *coughs* have a clue. lol

Tork

Wanderer
Ok i tried this. i [add Guardianofthemagics in a field, no XML this time.
Then i bring on a player and head to him, before i get there (just before him comesinto my view window) BANG my client crashes 2Xs. LoL Vendor works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.