RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2/03/04: Race Class and Exp System Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSlider

Wanderer
ClassType.Paladin in NecromancerSpellbook.cs
[code:1]public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
{
if ( from is dovPlayerMobile )
{
dovPlayerMobile m = (dovPlayerMobile)from;

if ( m.Class == null || ( m.Class != null && m.Class.Type != ClassType.Paladin ) )
{
m.SendMessage( "Only paladins can read from this book." );
return;
}
}
base.OnDoubleClick( from );
}
[/code:1]
bug ?

and 2nd... can you guard the racestone from use him playermobile ?

p.s. sorry for my english

mikemaz

Wanderer
anyone

Does anyone know how to convert OLD players to the new system . I really Like this script , but its going to cause some Problems when a old character on my shard clicks the stone . That and im sure that older accounts on my shard would love to see this new system

MSlider said:
ClassType.Paladin in NecromancerSpellbook.cs
[code:1]public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
{
if ( from is dovPlayerMobile )
{
dovPlayerMobile m = (dovPlayerMobile)from;

if ( m.Class == null || ( m.Class != null && m.Class.Type != ClassType.Paladin ) )
{
m.SendMessage( "Only paladins can read from this book." );
return;
}
}
base.OnDoubleClick( from );
}
bug ?

Thanks, fixed for next version.

Ok, you said you wanted some peoples input. Mine may not be the nicest but I will say AWESOME job on the script itself. You also asked for people to tell you about some bugs. In the limited time I played around with the system I did find out that if you are a Centaur and die you become unmounted. You cannot mount after you die by any means either because it says you are polymorphed. Now for my opinion overall. I think that the script is way to limited in its use for any shard but the one you made it for. Each class can only gain in 5 skills it seemed as well as you could only go to 100 skill if I am correct. Leveling would only become easier and easier as you become better because if you kill a dragon or a slime you get the same amount of experience. The amount of skills each character can have I think is WAY to limited. how fun is 500 skill points? I mean even the asses at OSI let you have 700. I think that the system needs to base the experience you gain off of the type of monster that you are killing. Maybe when someone levels they could have options to raise stats and skill that they want and not just have them go up at a set rate. If you ever want my opinion on making a worth while exp system for all to use feel free to aim me at Ramses11111 or ICQ me at 153723236.

Ramses

Owner_Ramses of RoK said:
Ok, you said you wanted some peoples input. Mine may not be the nicest but I will say AWESOME job on the script itself. You also asked for people to tell you about some bugs. In the limited time I played around with the system I did find out that if you are a Centaur and die you become unmounted. You cannot mount after you die by any means either because it says you are polymorphed.

Centaurs cannot mount period. Because of the non human body, standard BaseMount script doesn't allow mounting. Thus an internal hidden mount was created and added/managed for centaurs.

Now for my opinion overall. I think that the script is way to limited in its use for any shard but the one you made it for. Each class can only gain in 5 skills it seemed as well as you could only go to 100 skill if I am correct.

Currently this is true. However, as I posted under the To Do Section

TheOutkastDev said:
- spec points to help players advance some skills more than others

the "spec points idea" will allow players to become specialized in certain aspects of their class.

Leveling would only become easier and easier as you become better because if you kill a dragon or a slime you get the same amount of experience.

This is completely untrue. They do not give the same experience and leveling does get harder as you get more powerful. What you experienced was hitting your exp cap.

TheOutkastDev said:
-Each level has a max amount of exp it can gain ( prevents powerleveling )

You killed a slime that gave more experience than allowed for your level. Thus it was reduced the maximum amount. Then, you killed a dragon which was far greater than your cap and thus was reduced to the maximum amount your level could gain.

The amount of skills each character can have I think is WAY to limited. how fun is 500 skill points? I mean even the asses at OSI let you have 700.

Its designed for Roleplaying type shards. Whether is DAOC based, aD&D, Dragonlance ect. The system was designed with the help of an avid aD&D player and its designed to follow the context of it. Warriors would not be seen poisoning their weapons nor would they be casting spells or sneaking around. Mages would rather cast spells then melee thus, they have no combat skills other that wrestling and such.

I think that the system needs to base the experience you gain off of the type of monster that you are killing. Maybe when someone levels they could have options to raise stats and skill that they want and not just have them go up at a set rate.

In that case, classes would be eliminated since players could choose whatever they want.

This system is for dedicated Roleplaying shards. True roleplayers understand the reasons for such restrictions. Its following the path you've chosen for your profession.

If you ever want my opinion on making a worth while exp system for all to use feel free to aim me at Ramses11111 or ICQ me at 153723236.

Ramses

Im sorry you don't think its a worth while system. Fact is, this is still a first beta, lots of things to add and lots of documentation to write. The system was written with the ability to easily customize and add races/classes and such with minimal confusion and limited editing of other scripts.

The poor ratings its gotten so far, which I expected, was due to ignorant people not installing it completely and understanding how it works. Basicly, they can't read what I posted. They just click download link, unzip, come back, whine, and vote shitty. I've already pointed out and proved wrong two assumptions in your post which further proves my point that nobody reads and thus, people are having problems with this system.

I am a true RPer and I spent the last 7 months developing on a shard that was hardcode true RP Dragonlance style. I wrote the system from that perspective, a system RPers and RP shards could use to greatly add to the depth of Roleplaying.

Morxeton

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev,
I haven't tried out this system yet, but I think it sounds pretty awesome. I'll be sure to give you any feedback once I test it out. I too and currently writing a race/level system. I have just come back to the RunUO community after being gone for 5 months. :)

georox

Wanderer
ok if say like AN UTER MORON gets on your shard, does [charinfo before joinin a race it crashes shard.. fix please o great one!

georox said:
ok if say like AN UTER MORON gets on your shard, does [charinfo before joinin a race it crashes shard.. fix please o great one!

Righteo, I sometimes forget that the code has to be completely idiot proof.

Fixed for next version.

:rolleyes: ok... not sure why you'd be running a beta script on your production shard, or just ban them for that matter but whatever..

Open up ExpSystem.cs and scroll down and find your CharInfo_Command method.

replace it with this one

[code:1]
public static void CharInfo_Command( CommandEventArgs e )
{
if ( e.Mobile is dovPlayerMobile )
{
dovPlayerMobile m = e.Mobile as dovPlayerMobile;

if ( m.Race == null || m.Class == null )
{
m.SendMessage( "You must pick a race and/or class first" );
return;
}

m.CloseGump( typeof( CharInfo ) );
m.SendGump( new CharInfo( m ) );
}
}

Ok, you stated that I was reaching the cap of experience that any monster can give my player for my level. I killed slimes over and over with a spawner creating 250 a second. each time I gained the max amount of EXP I was allowed for my level. I did this all the way to lvl 50. Now should a slime give me max exp gains at lvl 45? Because the slime was doing just that. I am not sure if you have not noticed this but no matter what I killed at what level I received the maximum amount of EXP. As for the Centaur thing. When I died then resurected I was then UNMOUNTED, the invisible ethereal did not come back upon resurection. I could not then remount to any ethereal or horse for that matter. Maybe you should read what I put... I didnt say that your script was no good. I think it really is great. Its just how many shards out there want their players to be able to have 500 skill cap? Even OSI, the horrible people they are, realized that 700 atleast was needed. What I meant by picking any skill or stat a player wanted upon leveling was withing what skills they are allowed already by any race or class restrictions already in place. If you have a cap in a skill and try to raise it then nothing will happen. I wasnt sure if what you were getting at with this whole thing was to create something useful for the public or just for your shard and be nice and share it with all. However I htink there are still some major things you have over-looked especially in the gaining of exp. I am not trying to make you look or feel bad here, just stating how I myself feel. And as I said before GREAT JOB TheOutkastDev

Ramses

Ravenal

Knight
SonnyJim said:
Ummm players cant access their paper dolls when they choose either Orc or Troll class how can i fix this?

THey need to have BodyMod values not BodyValue

Say I believe ogre is 1 value, just have something like this

[code:1]mp.BodyMod = 86;[/code:1]

Note not almost the same as the new dov...

So This line needs to be there with override

[code:1]public override int BodyMod{ get{ return 1; } }[/code:1] For Ogre, wahtever...

Ravenal

Knight
Ok, you stated that I was reaching the cap of experience that any monster can give my player for my level. I killed slimes over and over with a spawner creating 250 a second. each time I gained the max amount of EXP I was allowed for my level. I did this all the way to lvl 50. Now should a slime give me max exp gains at lvl 45? Because the slime was doing just that. I am not sure if you have not noticed this but no matter what I killed at what level I received the maximum amount of EXP. As for the Centaur thing. When I died then resurected I was then UNMOUNTED, the invisible ethereal did not come back upon resurection. I could not then remount to any ethereal or horse for that matter. Maybe you should read what I put... I didnt say that your script was no good. I think it really is great. Its just how many shards out there want their players to be able to have 500 skill cap? Even OSI, the horrible people they are, realized that 700 atleast was needed. What I meant by picking any skill or stat a player wanted upon leveling was withing what skills they are allowed already by any race or class restrictions already in place. If you have a cap in a skill and try to raise it then nothing will happen. I wasnt sure if what you were getting at with this whole thing was to create something useful for the public or just for your shard and be nice and share it with all. However I htink there are still some major things you have over-looked especially in the gaining of exp. I am not trying to make you look or feel bad here, just stating how I myself feel. And as I said before GREAT JOB TheOutkastDev

Ramses

He does a good job yes i agree!! And INcluding 1 Thing, I think he should possible check for something in a monster that will attcually give alittle experience until you reach a certain level, say you are level 6 and you kill slimes at level 6 then turn to 7 and then try to kill them again! You gain no experience, because the monster is already to easy to kill... Maybe he'll figure it out, but i am welcome to help Dev! Just ICQ me! 313480793...

Status
Not open for further replies.