RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2/03/04: Race Class and Exp System Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

Wanderer
i have no interest in these race/class scripts but i checked it out just for kicks and just wanna say nice job im sure people will find a few bugs but it seems pretty solid..

Owner_Ramses of RoK said:
Ok, you stated that I was reaching the cap of experience that any monster can give my player for my level. I killed slimes over and over with a spawner creating 250 a second. each time I gained the max amount of EXP I was allowed for my level. I did this all the way to lvl 50. Now should a slime give me max exp gains at lvl 45? Because the slime was doing just that. I am not sure if you have not noticed this but no matter what I killed at what level I received the maximum amount of EXP.

Im sorry but your a god damn liar. Even at level 15, Slime does not give the same experience as your cap. All slimes will give similar exp, but not your cap after a certain point. At level 45, no monster exists in the distro that could possibly max your cap. Its impossible.

As for the Centaur thing. When I died then resurected I was then UNMOUNTED, the invisible ethereal did not come back upon resurection. I could not then remount to any ethereal or horse for that matter. Maybe you should read what I put...

I've confirmed this is a bug and its been fixed for the next release.

I didnt say that your script was no good. I think it really is great. Its just how many shards out there want their players to be able to have 500 skill cap? Even OSI, the horrible people they are, realized that 700 atleast was needed. What I meant by picking any skill or stat a player wanted upon leveling was withing what skills they are allowed already by any race or class restrictions already in place. If you have a cap in a skill and try to raise it then nothing will happen.
*GASP* what the fuck did I just say about specialization points? yeakthx

I wasnt sure if what you were getting at with this whole thing was to create something useful for the public or just for your shard and be nice and share it with all. However I htink there are still some major things you have over-looked especially in the gaining of exp.

The default races/classes are of my thinking. I don't have a shard. but thanks for ASSuming that. The entire system is fully customizable. Thats how I designed it. Once I get docs written for it players will be able to customize it to their heart's content.

I am not trying to make you look or feel bad here, just stating how I myself feel. And as I said before GREAT JOB TheOutkastDev

You can't make me feel bad. I know that a lot of people here couldn't write such a complex system that is as customizable as mine. And you really can't make me look bad either by trying to point out flaws that are non existent. When I make submissions, they are great, well-written, and very popular systems that enhance any shard. Spellcrafting, Cleric Spells, Kill Task system, The original dovPlayerMobile used in Tru's combination script.

Anyways, I really don't care about your opinion or anyone elses for that matter. I want bugs, and bugs only.

If you don't like mine, go build ur own from scratch.

mikemaz

Wanderer
anyone

anyone know how to convert old accounts to this new system , so that old players dont click on the stone and crash the shard?

Tru

Knight
Re: anyone

mikemaz said:
anyone know how to convert old accounts to this new system , so that old players dont click on the stone and crash the shard?
i know theres a few posts on it
search using the keyword convert

mikemaz

Wanderer
i cant seem to find a link that tells you how to convert

:(
i know theres a few posts on it
search using the keyword convert

I did a search for "convert" and Convert accounts" i cant seem to find anything useful that tells me what i need to do.
Most post popo up how to convert POL or Sphere players to runuo
Can i get a link or something if its not much of a problem
thanks

mikemaz

Wanderer
ty

thanks i read the forum link you gave me seems that that doesnt work . I made the covertplayers.cs and did the change with characterchreation.cs and then made a my own mobile following the example , didnt work anyone got this working with old accounts that can help me with this?

ok mike, you need to stop spamming this thread. Post in the script support forum. This thread needs to be things related to bugs/suggestions/comments and concerns related to the script submission.

CaptCrunch

Wanderer
I think this might be a bug when you are a mage it changes your mace and wrestling shouldn't it be your tactics and wrestling?

rickii

Wanderer
I want do only class for player.. and i dont like exp system..
What i must do if i want only transfer class system to my server?

Status
Not open for further replies.