RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2/03/04: Race Class and Exp System Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zaphieon

I would like to know how it is defined.. becuase I only use your scripts as a base to my race system on the server.. they are set up very nicely.. you did nice work.. but i dont really like the exp system or the whole class system.. maybe in the future.. but rightnow i just using the races with added stat and skill caps.. trying to figure out a way to set teh body mod on death to make it so i dont see a horse on a few of the races since I removed the part where it removes it.. hmm anyways like i said I dont realy use your system i just need to know how you go about defining the races for other scripts i have done it for a few... but for things like the monster friendly ai's wow my brain was hurting cause i couldnt get to work. anyway nice work

zaphieon said:
I would like to know how it is defined.. becuase I only use your scripts as a base to my race system on the server.. they are set up very nicely.. you did nice work.. but i dont really like the exp system or the whole class system.. maybe in the future.. but rightnow i just using the races with added stat and skill caps.. trying to figure out a way to set teh body mod on death to make it so i dont see a horse on a few of the races since I removed the part where it removes it.. hmm anyways like i said I dont realy use your system i just need to know how you go about defining the races for other scripts i have done it for a few... but for things like the monster friendly ai's wow my brain was hurting cause i couldnt get to work. anyway nice work

lol, you want me to explain my code so you can rip it for yours? lmao

Z

zaphieon

uh NO, first off you didnt write all of this.. you added to someone elses idea.. then I never said anything about NOT claiming that i have gotten the race info from your scripts.. and you wont see me posting them on the forum saying that i wrote teh racial info.. I took some of you system and i removed parts i disliked.. then i added to the parts I did like.. like how you set up the races, i liked that so i added some stuff to it and put it on my server.. NOW where do you see anything about ripping.. all i want you to do IS explain the scripts you submitted.. cause how you define the races in other scripts is well more then a head ache.. I wanted to know if there was an easier way.. now you go and be a jack ass and say someone is ripping your scripts is just rude and immature, I have never once taken someones scripts altered a few lines and said it was mine.. now i asked a simple question... and it was not an unreasonable one.. maybe if you supply some sort of docs or ANYTHING at all with your 'system' I wouldnt have to ask. you want people to test parts of it then when i told you players where loggin on with different bodymods you said that was impossible.. and well it wasnt.. it was a slight over sight that i did... no biggie.. but it wasnt impossible. you want people to help you test your scripts but dont wanna, assist them when they ask for alittle info on how the scripts work as far as calling for a race. now get off your rag and learn how to take a compliment

Ravenal

Knight
Okay I am having issues with Body Mods... I have a race with 2 different kinds of bodymods, is there a way to make it 1 for female and the other male???

Because I Tried this

and did not work....

[code:1]
public override int BodyMod{ get{ return Female ? 87 : 86; } }
[/code:1]

Morxeton

Sorceror
awakenlands said:
Okay I am having issues with Body Mods... I have a race with 2 different kinds of bodymods, is there a way to make it 1 for female and the other male???

Because I Tried this

and did not work....

public override int BodyMod{ get{ return Female ? 87 : 86; } }

if ( mobile.Female )
mobile.BodyMod = 87;
else
mobile.BodyMod = 86;

That should work.

Ravenal

Knight
I know that will work.... But Here... Seesh maybe this might wake ya up!

using System;
using Server;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.RaceSystem
{
public sealed class BladracoRace : RaceEntry
{
public override string Description{ get{ return "Bladracos are a rare kind of species, they are half dragon half snake, and they have one disadvantage and that is to not ride animals but they have a great ability of deadly posion attacks on anything they do related to melee... They are and tend to live near the City of Hotoas near the desert and in the dark wastelands, they are also a follower of God of Evil himself. Where the Bladracos are nothing but powerful towards him. They are his highest guardians of the Temple of Darkness. So beware them...."; } }
public override string Name{ get{ return "* Bladraco *"; } }
public override string RaceName{ get{ return " the Bladraco"; } }

public override int Strength{ get{ return 60; } }
public override int Intelligence{ get{ return 20; } }
public override int Dexterity{ get{ return 60; } }

public override int BodyMod{ get { Female ? 87 : 86 } }

public BladracoRace() : base( RaceType.Bladraco )
{
}

public override void OnSelection( ALPlayerMobile mp )
{
mp.Frozen = false;
mp.Hue = 646;
mp.Karma = -1000;
mp.KarmaLocked = true;
BaseWeapon b = new Bladrae();
b.MaxHits = 125;
b.Hits = 125;
b.Attributes.BonusHits = -20;
mp.EquipItem( b );
mp.EquipItem(new EarringsofEvil() );
//mp.SendGump( new DietyGump() );

if (mp.Beard != null)
{
mp.Beard.Delete();
}
if (mp.Hair !=null)
{
mp.Hair.Delete();
}

if (mp.Female)
{
//mp.BodyMod = 87;
mp.Hue = 1809;
}
else
{
//mp.BodyMod = 86;
mp.Hue = 1453;
}
//SKILLS//
mp.Skills[SkillName.Anatomy].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.ArmsLore].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.AnimalLore].Cap = 120.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.AnimalTaming].Cap = 120.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Begging].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.DetectHidden].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Discordance].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.EvalInt].Cap = 180.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Forensics].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Hiding].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.ItemID].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Meditation].Cap = 175.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Peacemaking].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Poisoning].Cap = 175.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Provocation].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.RemoveTrap].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.SpiritSpeak].Cap = 175.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Stealing].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Stealth].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.TasteID].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Tracking].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Camping].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Cooking].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Fishing].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Healing].Cap = 150.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Herding].Cap = 120.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Lockpicking].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Lumberjacking].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Musicianship].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Snooping].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Veterinary].Cap = 120.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Blacksmith].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Fletching].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Carpentry].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Alchemy].Cap = 180.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Inscribe].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Cartography].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Tinkering].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Tailoring].Cap = 150.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Archery].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Fencing].Cap = 180.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Macing].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Magery].Cap = 180.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Parry].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Swords].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Tactics].Cap = 120.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Wrestling].Cap = 100.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.MagicResist].Cap = 180.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Mining].Cap = 0.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Chivalry].Cap = 80.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Necromancy].Cap = 150.0;
mp.Skills[SkillName.Focus].Cap = 150.0;

VerifySkills( mp );

//stats//
mp.StrCap = 150;
mp.IntCap = 100;
mp.DexCap = 100;

mp.PlaySound( 0x4E );
mp.Location = new Point3D( 3755, 1326, 0 );
mp.SendMessage("Welcome to the World of Barbshen. You have choosen your race as a Inesian. Now that You arrive in Slinake the Bladraco Tribe. Go Explore and Have fun!");
}
private void VerifySkills( Mobile m )
{
for ( int i = 0; i < 52; ++i )
{
if ( m.Skills.Base > m.Skills.Cap )
m.Skills.Base = m.Skills.Cap;
}
return;
}
}
}

Then in my Announce Login I have that set for the Changes on login mods, which does not work well at all,

using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.RaceSystem;

namespace Server.Misc
{
public class AnnounceLogin
{
public static void Initialize()
{
// Register our event handler
EventSink.Login += new LoginEventHandler( EventSink_Login );
}

private static void EventSink_Login( LoginEventArgs args )
{
Mobile from = args.Mobile;

if (args.Mobile.AccessLevel < AccessLevel.GameMaster)
{
World.Broadcast( 0x35, true, "{0} has awaken up somewhere in the world.", args.Mobile.Name );
}

PlayerMobile pm = from as PlayerMobile;
ALPlayerMobile mp = (ALPlayerMobile) from;

if ( mp.Race != null )
{
if ( mp.Race.Type == RaceType.Bladraco )
{
mp.BodyMod = 86;

if ( mp.Female )
{
mp.BodyMod = 87;
}
}
/*if ( Race.Type == RaceType.Orc )
{
mp.BodyMod = 7;

if ( mp.Female )
{
mp.BodyMod = 17;
}
}*/
}
}
}
}

Then I have my ALPlayerMobile.cs that contians the resserection files, But I want to have RestoreBody(); Then In that have BodyMod = m_Race.BodyMod;

Morxeton

Sorceror
PlayerMobile pm = from as PlayerMobile;
ALPlayerMobile mp = (ALPlayerMobile) from;
PlayerMobile pm = from as PlayerMobile; is not necessary and should be removed.

if ( mp.Race != null )
{
if ( mp.Race.Type == RaceType.Bladraco )
{
mp.BodyMod = 86;

if ( mp.Female )
{
mp.BodyMod = 87;
}
}
/*if ( Race.Type == RaceType.Orc )
{
mp.BodyMod = 7;

if ( mp.Female )
{
mp.BodyMod = 17;
}
}*/
}
}
}
}
mp.Race.Type does not make sense. It should just be mp.Race == RaceType.Bladraco.

Z

zaphieon

would be great if you could define it as race.. but it doesnt work.. i have tried it many ways ... you have to first define race.type = racetype.. its very confusing and makes no sense

Morxeton

Sorceror
Oh I see... I didn't actually look at the scripts, I just went on what awakenlands said... I can figure it out by looking at the scripts, but I am at work right now.

Z

zaphieon

athat would be great if you could.. cause outkast doesnt seem to want to.. he thinks us wanting to know that we wanna rip his scripts and claim them as our own...

zaphieon said:
uh NO, first off you didnt write all of this.. you added to someone elses idea..

Actually I wrote every single bit of this code.

Secondly, I said I'd write documentation for it when It was something i considered worth running a public shard on. Until then I will not write documents because many things might change between now and the actual completely stable release.

Awakenlands:

I've added for the next version

public virtual int FemaleBodyMod
public virtual int MaleBodyMod

that should solve your problem.

Phantom

Knight
zaphieon said:
uh NO, first off you didnt write all of this.. you added to someone elses idea.. then I never said anything about NOT claiming that i have gotten the race info from your scripts.. and you wont see me posting them on the forum saying that i wrote teh racial info.. I took some of you system and i removed parts i disliked.. then i added to the parts I did like.. like how you set up the races, i liked that so i added some stuff to it and put it on my server.. NOW where do you see anything about ripping.. all i want you to do IS explain the scripts you submitted.. cause how you define the races in other scripts is well more then a head ache.. I wanted to know if there was an easier way.. now you go and be a jack ass and say someone is ripping your scripts is just rude and immature, I have never once taken someones scripts altered a few lines and said it was mine.. now i asked a simple question... and it was not an unreasonable one.. maybe if you supply some sort of docs or ANYTHING at all with your 'system' I wouldnt have to ask. you want people to test parts of it then when i told you players where loggin on with different bodymods you said that was impossible.. and well it wasnt.. it was a slight over sight that i did... no biggie.. but it wasnt impossible. you want people to help you test your scripts but dont wanna, assist them when they ask for alittle info on how the scripts work as far as calling for a race. now get off your rag and learn how to take a compliment

I know for a fact he wrote all this code himself. Infact I am going to guess he took the idea of using an object to handle races instead of some gay enumerator property from myself with Factions.

I talk to Outkast daily he is a very good programmer. Infact I am setting him up a system so he can update the scripts very easily.

Your dead wrong about Outkast he isn't a script leecher like you are.

Ravenal

Knight
TheOutkastDev said:
zaphieon said:
uh NO, first off you didnt write all of this.. you added to someone elses idea..

Actually I wrote every single bit of this code.

Secondly, I said I'd write documentation for it when It was something i considered worth running a public shard on. Until then I will not write documents because many things might change between now and the actual completely stable release.

Awakenlands:

I've added for the next version

public virtual int FemaleBodyMod
public virtual int MaleBodyMod

that should solve your problem.

Thanks and umm I AGREE WITH PHANTOM 100%, I mean I talk with him through PM once in a while, but hell he is good, and i believe when he says he scritped them himself, meaning that dovPlayerMobile.cs is his work, old and NEW, never has been changed, the Only things he has taken was his old racestone script, which back then was lousy, and now you talk about his scripts, I mean he has it so orgianized that it attcually works, I am taking his system, and majorly starting from slowly editing his data, for that it will help me and my shard, SO please be kind enough to agree with Him because he did make the scripts i say since like beta 32 or something seesh...

Z

zaphieon

oh i gave hiim his props for the system.. he just wanted to accus me of trying to rip his scripts and claim them as my own.. I am not like that... and no one can say anything i post was a rip of something some other scripter has worked on and posted. all i did is ask a simple question and he accussed me of wanting to rip his scripts.. and phantom.. i thought i said that conversion was over.. your useless to me bro.. get over it..

Ravenal

Knight
What about the Login things, do you have to add that in like PlayerMobile or something? Or is that changed in the 2nd beta?

Ravenal

Knight
When i have a bodymod, and I am loggin in with that body mod i don't login it with the require bodymod, SUch as 1 for Ogre, If i log out then log back in as a ogre I do not get the ogre bodymod, i get the orignal bodymod for males or females.

So Should you add something for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.