RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2/03/04: Race Class and Exp System Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zaphieon

dev i think you misunderstood my question.. I wanna add "2(maybe more) Allies to a single monster..
like say the orc and troll race to a "single" monster..

jaei

Wanderer
Noob question

Hey guys, I'm totally new to this, and i'm really not looking to get flammed, just am really wanting to enjoy this "mod"? But I have no idea what i'm doing after I dl the files. If someone could break it down Barney style for me I would greatly appreaciate it. Thanks in advance.

Phantom

Knight
Re: Noob question

jaei said:
Hey guys, I'm totally new to this, and i'm really not looking to get flammed, just am really wanting to enjoy this "mod"? But I have no idea what i'm doing after I dl the files. If someone could break it down Barney style for me I would greatly appreaciate it. Thanks in advance.

Read the directions

Post anything you don't understand.

zaphieon said:
dev i think you misunderstood my question.. I wanna add "2(maybe more) Allies to a single monster..
like say the orc and troll race to a "single" monster..

Code doesn't support this, unless you assign like RaceType enums to the different races. More than doable since race checks are done by

if ( Mobile.Race is OrcRace ) ect

jaei

Wanderer
Noob question

I'm sorry, I guess my question wasn't a very specific one. I'll attempt to make it work before I go asking for help.

jaei

Wanderer
Okay, a specific question. Keep in mind that I have no skills in modifiing these scripts, I'm just trying to make them work. I'm getting 7 errors. Here's an example

-Error Scripts\Mobiles\Orc.cs CS0101 (line 10, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for 'Orc'

the rest of the errors are pretty much the same exept they are for OrcBomber, OrcBrute, OrcCaptain, OrcishLord, OrcishMage, and Troll.

I can't figure out how to make it work, and would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

you didn't replace your distro ones with the ones provided. You have the ones modified for race ally and the default distro ones. Delete one or the other.

jaei

Wanderer
I guess I just seem to be impatient. I figured it out. Came to the boards, and read your reply. Thanks for the quick reply, and for your patients. It's working beautifully. Thanks again for your patients, and help. I'll be playing around with it for a while.

Now to figure out how to make things spawn. That, ofcourse, is for another forum..( or the search feature.)

Graendur

Wanderer
Very nice script, thank you very much for posting it!
Only one complaint about it, though. The experience gain is a bit iffy. Dull copper elementals give about 100 fewer experience points than giant spiders, about 20 fewer than normal run of the mill camp in Yew cemetary with a repeating crossbow skeletons.

I haven't tested every monster in the game to see how much xp they give, but from what I've seen so far it's not factoring in certain aspects that make a monster nasty.

So I had a look in and around the files, and I found the xp formula in BaseCreature.cs, and it's not adding in a creature's resists or base damage. I don't know how to add them in without breaking the server, though.

Is this an easy thing to do? If it is then could someone give me some pointers on how to do it, please? :)

Graendur said:
Very nice script, thank you very much for posting it!
Only one complaint about it, though. The experience gain is a bit iffy. Dull copper elementals give about 100 fewer experience points than giant spiders, about 20 fewer than normal run of the mill camp in Yew cemetary with a repeating crossbow skeletons.

I haven't tested every monster in the game to see how much xp they give, but from what I've seen so far it's not factoring in certain aspects that make a monster nasty.

So I had a look in and around the files, and I found the xp formula in BaseCreature.cs, and it's not adding in a creature's resists or base damage. I don't know how to add them in without breaking the server, though.

Is this an easy thing to do? If it is then could someone give me some pointers on how to do it, please? :)

I'll look into adding that in the next version. Thanks for the suggestion

Cptsmidge

Wanderer
Hey... I got a question. I was testing it out, and everything seemed to work, and all was good in the land of Smidge. Then, sadly, me and my friend started playing around with monsters, and we came up with a question. How do you get skill increases? I mean, he leveled, but didn't get skills. Then, we made a player account... didn't work... Does the skill go up every level?

Cptsmidge said:
Hey... I got a question. I was testing it out, and everything seemed to work, and all was good in the land of Smidge. Then, sadly, me and my friend started playing around with monsters, and we came up with a question. How do you get skill increases? I mean, he leveled, but didn't get skills. Then, we made a player account... didn't work... Does the skill go up every level?

Read the changelog.

Graendur

Wanderer
Cptsmidge:
Alternatively, you could [add skilltrainer and use the context menu on them.

TheOutkastDev: Okay thanks :) Also, perhaps a text display of current xp/xp need for next level? Personally, I like to know how many more mobs I have to whack for my next level, and I'm sure I'm not the only one :) And the Cleric spells say they use Tithing Points, when they use Piety instead, which was the cause of someone confusion when I first tried a Cleric.

lover1973

Wanderer
how do blacksmiths increase their level?? they can not kill any monsters,
I tried to creat a party, so my partymembers will share me in the exp. but when i reach level 5(maybe), the classmenu2 appeared, asked me to choose a advance class. you know, i was already a artisan(blacksmith) , so the menu is blank, no any selection, and i can not close it, and i can not move!!! Is it a bug? help me,please!!

another question. what is piety, I've never know this kind of stuff, and how to gain piety points?

lover1973 said:
how do blacksmiths increase their level?? they can not kill any monsters,
I tried to creat a party, so my partymembers will share me in the exp. but when i reach level 5(maybe), the classmenu2 appeared, asked me to choose a advance class. you know, i was already a artisan(blacksmith) , so the menu is blank, no any selection, and i can not close it, and i can not move!!! Is it a bug? help me,please!!

another question. what is piety, I've never know this kind of stuff, and how to gain piety points?

Crafters gain from normal crafting of items.

The gump popping up at level 5 is a bug. It shouldn't pop up for artisians.

Status
Not open for further replies.