RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2/03/04: Race Class and Exp System Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graendur said:
TheOutkastDev: Okay thanks :) Also, perhaps a text display of current xp/xp need for next level? Personally, I like to know how many more mobs I have to whack for my next level, and I'm sure I'm not the only one :) And the Cleric spells say they use Tithing Points, when they use Piety instead, which was the cause of someone confusion when I first tried a Cleric.

[Charinfo will bring up a small gump with a sliding bar idicator. I really see no need to give the actual numeric values.

I'll double check the cleric spells and make sure to fix the message errors.

Graendur

Wanderer
Fair enough, Dev :)

Other Artisian notes (furthering of lover's post):

Artisian? Do you mean Artisan?

Crafters can't gain stats or xp unless they grab a weapon and train the skill so they can gain xp, or unless they group with another player and join in the xping party.

Crafters can gain combat skills if they buy them in from an NPC and then train them like normal UO.

Level 5 notes:
Players can skip the gump if they log out and back in (or die and get ressed then log out and back in, only did one experiment)

Combat classes swear when they hit level 5 and are frozen until they choose a class, while a zombie is chewing on their ankle.

lover1973

Wanderer
Graendur said:
Fair enough, Dev :)

Other Artisian notes (furthering of lover's post):

Artisian? Do you mean Artisan?

Crafters can't gain stats or xp unless they grab a weapon and train the skill so they can gain xp, or unless they group with another player and join in the xping party.

Crafters can gain combat skills if they buy them in from an NPC and then train them like normal UO.

Level 5 notes:
Players can skip the gump if they log out and back in (or die and get ressed then log out and back in, only did one experiment)

Combat classes swear when they hit level 5 and are frozen until they choose a class, while a zombie is chewing on their ankle.

thanks for your help!!
Could tell me what the piety is?? , I've never use the cleric spells. thanks in advance!

Graendur

Wanderer
Piety is religious devotion, and is used in the Cleric spells included in this script as a kind of reagent, like Tithing Points for Paladins in the Distro.
You can gain Piety by saying "i pray to the gods" and targetting an Ankh, if you are near one, with the targetting cursor.
If you are not near an Ankh it will bring up a gump of spell info and spells that you may or may not wish to cast.
Cleric spells use Spirit Speak as their skill check to see whether you successfully cast or fizzle.

Z

zaphieon

you said add enums to the player races? this confused me a little.. being trying out some stuff.. could you possible give me a little example i could go by?

Padrino

Wanderer
Does the elf dwarves and humans are allied? if so how can we turn them noon allied because they cant attack each others!

Graendur

Wanderer
Padrino, Elf, Dwarf and Human players have no trouble attacking each other in a Felucca ruleset.
I don't think they're coded to be "allies", just the Orc and Troll races are because their NPC counterparts are normally aggressive.

Tru

Knight
Im curious if you intended for the Trainer to have FightMode.Closest lol he works people who try to Skill Up

lol sorry bout that. i'll fix it next release, been under the weather all week so it might take a little longer to get this stuff taken care of

Graendur

Wanderer
I have some more ideas for the script.. :)
How about some experience gain with Artisians from crafting items, instead of train by use? Then they can level up without grouping or buying in some combat skills, or give them experience for handing in completed BODs.

Also, experience for Rogue classes stealing, picking a locked chest, for successfully applying poison, etc. Naturalists for Taming, as well.

Perhaps set the Cleric heal spells to deal damage instead of healing it when used on a foe that is vulnerable to Silver slayer weapons?

Hammer of Faith doesn't seem to be very powerful, perhaps increase the damage and/or swing speed of it?

In the (original?) Druid spell system thread there is a fixed version of the buggy spellbook gump (if it hasn't been fixed already) in which two of the spells are overlapping on the main index. It wasn't fixed when I downloaded this system, though.

A Fishing/Cooking class?

None of the classes appear to be able to use Pikes, as they're both Polearms and Fencing weapons (Armsmen don't get Fencing, and the folks who do get Fencing can't use Polearms)

I've already mentioned the experience for killing stuff seems a bit off, as Giant Spiders give more experience (250ish base) than things like Earth Elementals (150ish base) despite dying in a third of the time and with half of the effort. Base Damage, AoS resistances, and perhaps also a bonus for ranged weapon using mobs (Orc bombers, Ratmen archers, etc.) need to be factored in. Just in case you forgot :)

Armsmen seem to have nothing going for them vs. Warriors. I fixed this on my server by increasing the range of polearms to 2 tiles (3 for Pikes, but since no one can use them this hasn't been tested for "OMFG teh ovarpowaredd!!1"-ness.) Excludes all axes, warhammers, short spears, warforks, but includes Staves.

Fighters vs. Mages ends up with the Mage class casting Paralyze on the Magic Resistance-less Fighter, laughing their heads off, then doing an Explosion/Flamestrike combo at a completely helpless Fighter. I've attempted to balance this by increasing the base resistances of armours used by Fighters, +1 to each resist in Studded Leather armours, +2 to Ringmail, +3 to Bone, Chain, non-plate helms, Ranger, and Daemon Bone armours, +4 to Platemail, and +5 to Dragon, and increased the maximum player resistances to 90 in each, which now forces mages to cast Poison (which disrupts paralyze, and since no classes have Magery AND Poisoning, the Deadly/Lethal poison problem isn't an issue) to try and wear a Fighter down, while running away like the sissies they are. Still need to test whether or not it's a bit too much, but no armour (Runic or otherwise) has hit the maximum resistance for anything, except a suit of Exceptional Dull Copper Platemail hitting the Kinetic cap. I'll go play with a Valorite Runic Hammer and some Dragon armour, though, I think...
This also hits two birds with one stone, since it also gives more purpose to the armour restrictions.

Mages can't wear Mage armour.

I'm not knocking your script, I think it's bloody great work, and I really love it, but I thought I should let my ideas for it come out of my head and into this thread :)

Thanks for reading these suggestions :)

P.S. Hope you feel better soon, Dev :) (and not just so you can update this system hehe)

EDIT: P.P.S. I just tested, the best I've managed to get with a Valorite Runic Hammer and all exceptional pieces of Valorite Platemail and a couple of pieces of Red Dragon Armour is 81 Kin, 79 Heat, 90 Cold, 86 Poison, 76 Energy, so it doesn't look like a 90 in every resist suit of armour is possible without cheating (using GM/Admin powers) in a non-Test Centre server.

Graendur

Wanderer
In a Trammel-ruleset (like in Trammel, yes, unless you altered the ruleset locations) then players cannot attack other players, even if the other player is an Orc, Troll, Elf, Dwarf, Centaur, or Human, unless they are in warring guilds.

Graendur

Wanderer
This post will contain a complete listing of PvP results and brief combat overviews for this system, with the changes to armour and weapons listed in a previous post of mine. I will edit it with fresh results as they arrive.

First fight:
Level 9 Paladin vs. Level 15 Elementalist.
Both have decent armour (GM exceptional verite chain/ring with plate gorget for for paladin, GM exceptional barbed leather for elementalist)

Brief overview: Paladin charges for Elementalist, Elementalist casts Protection straight away, is hit and it fizzles, casts it again straight away with no problems, then Paralyzes the Paladin, heals herself, Curses the Paladin, Poisons the Paladin, then starts spamming Fireballs. Paladin misses half of their swings.

Conclusion: Believed level advantage, at level 9 a Mage fizzles Paralyze a lot, and Paladin doesn't have enough Weapon skill to hit the 50 Wrestling Elementalist enough times.

Second fight:
Paladin is boosted to Level 15, same elementalist

Brief overview:
Same as before, except the Paladin swings more often and hits more often. Paladin also uses potions to heal and cure. The Elementalist runs out of Mana and is screwed.

Conclusion: Potions.

Third fight:
The Paladin restarts the server to improve potion power. Paladin attacks Elementalist before she gets any spells redragged from spellbook besides 3rd and 4th circle spells.

Brief Overview:
Mage does same as before. Protection, Paralyze, Curse, but ends up running out of power. a GM and the Paladin agree that the Mage seems overpowered, because of Paralyze lasting so long.

Conclusion: Paladin runs Mage out of Mana.

Fourth fight:
Level 15 Armsman tags the Paladin. Using a Halberd with GM Exceptional Verite Chain/Ring with Plate gorget.

Brief overview:
Same as before, except Armsman uses Explosion potions to remove paralysis, and runs Mage out of mana slowly.

Conclusion: Armsman runs Mage out of Mana, just like the Paladin, but while the Mage has Mana it looks like the Armsman is getting their ass kicked throughout the fight. Then the Mage is screwed.

Fifth fight:
Same again.

Brief overview:
Same again, except Mage tries to meditate a bit while Armsman is paralyzed. Mage nearly kills Armsman by meleeing with Protection cast, and doing Harm spam. Mage ends up running out of hit points, because Armsman just Explodes out of Paralyze, hits, gets paralyzed. Mage has Mana at end, but can't keep healing, Paralyzing, and Meditating, because of skill delay and spell delay.

Conclusion: Potions are a bloody massive advantage. Without them the Fighter classes have their asses handed to them, with them the Mage ends up running out of Mana.

Overall conclusion:
Fighter classes either get bonus hit points from class, or perhaps hit point formula is factored to either include Dex, or add 1 point per strength instead of the current formula.

More results to come.

Please. That is more than enough. I don't think you're fully understanding how this system is to work on an RP shard.

You keep thinking that its supposed to be a completely level playing field in every instance and that PvP is still the same. But it isn't...

1 on 1 Pvp, soloing, ect is one of the things this system is designed to take away from

Not to mention, your test results are with very low levels and do not utilize the advantages in certain aspects a class gets.

Also. Elementalists ARE NOT DONE. Your results with ANY mage class are horribly misconstrued because they have not had their unique spells added in yet.

Dracarys

Wanderer
Hi!

First of all: Congratulations for your script! It's really awesome. Installed it the way it was intended and never had any problem with it. Love it, really. It's sad to see how people try to drag you/your script down with senseless comments (seems to be a problem with every script-post, really :rolleyes: )

No problems with PvP too, since the shard is Felu-only. I already managed to remove some races I won't need. (Still, of course, full credit to you. ;) ) Having players choose their race at char creation is also a great idea!

Now for my personal problem/wish/"request": :shock:

*Is* it possible to have the races warring each other, so players in different races appear orange to each other (and are freely attackable) and green, if they are the same race?! IF that's possible without too much scripting effort, where would i start? (I'm new to C# and runUO but have lots of programming experience, so pointing me into the right direction is hopefully enough). I thought about creating guilds and adding the players into those guilds. Would probably work but there must be a better way to do this as it would disable guilds totally :( (Would be great if I could also have some monster types orange/green)

.rar/.zip

hey when i dl ur script its a .rar file and u say to unzip it but.. u cant unzip a .rar file, if im missing somethin sorry but i really want the script it sounds pimp as hell so any help would be appreciated

Phantom

Knight
Re: .rar/.zip

s0ulshad0w355 said:
hey when i dl ur script its a .rar file and u say to unzip it but.. u cant unzip a .rar file, if im missing somethin sorry but i really want the script it sounds pimp as hell so any help would be appreciated

Then use winrar to unarchive the files.

Are you really that blind to the fact .zip and .rar are both archives? Also you can unzip a .rar file.

Just not with WinRar but with Power Archiver.

It doesn;t really matter you knew what he meant.

ok lets say im not the smartest person in the world or very smart period, but i got power archiver and u said it unzips or w/e .rar files? how so, cus i search in the folder the file is in and it doesnt come up

Status
Not open for further replies.