RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos ready for the next RunUO Release?

S

shadeuo

#4 now but the messed up part is that all above uogamers are sphere shards (im pretty sure) what the hell gives? come on these guys are busting their asses to make this emu for us the least you can do is vote. shit my shard fell off the list because i told everyong to vote for uogamers and not my shard :(

Kamron

Knight
Ryan why not do this. No matter how much is updated, release a new Beta every 3 weeks. On time. If nothing is fixed or updated, then you dont release shit until another 3 weeks.

That way we dont have to say WHENS A NEW BETA? And if people think its too fast.. they dont have to update..

:D

FLuXx()

Sorceror
XxSP1DERxX said:
Ryan why not do this. No matter how much is updated, release a new Beta every 3 weeks. On time. If nothing is fixed or updated, then you dont release shit until another 3 weeks.

That way we dont have to say WHENS A NEW BETA? And if people think its too fast.. they dont have to update..

:D

I would almost agree with that, if I didn't have over a thousand or more scripts to change each release....

Ashenfall

Wanderer

Because it's a pain in the ass to prep the distribution scripts for release, especially when you're in the middle of some half-finished projects. Imagine your server crashing every five minutes because they didn't have enough time to test Pet Bonding before the release deadline. Then They'd have to go back and explain to thousands of users how to stop their server crashes once they figured it out.

David

Moderate
The development team has said many times that they will not schedule releases. A have to agree with that policy. For a while we were getting a new beta every week, now it is a month or longer. It is a matter of what they are working on and when they reach the goal established for that release. The systems being worked on now are more complicated to code and to test than a bunch of mobs and spells were.

When the package is ready, it is ready. And only then will it be released. Rest assured the release will be sooner and far more bug free than any of the other emu choices.

S

shadeuo

Well guess it will never come. just checked top 200 site seems gamers sliped to 5th :(

ditmar

Wanderer
Ye and what about the new UO-Gamers shard, isnt that substracting and taking time away for what we all are here for, the runuo emulator?

David

Moderate
Does the public test-bed for the software take away from development of the software? no, I really don't think it does.

ditmar said:
Ye and what about the new UO-Gamers shard, isnt that substracting and taking time away for what we all are here for, the runuo emulator?

First of all If you never got another beta, you have to admit you still have the most advanced emu arround. Second The Dev Team has been working nearly non stop for over a year now, how dare you chalange anything they do, weither or not it takes from the time spent on core scripts does not concern us. We are freely given the emu with no strings attached, yet some of the comunity act like we have Ryan and crew under contract. Question if The team does not decide to release for another month, what are you going to do FIRE THEM?

Instead of worrying about what might be taking away from "productivity" why not worry a little more about what the team is going to do to maintain their sanity when dealing with whining users. I applaud their efforts with UOGamers. First of all the growth of RunUO if anything has exploded with UOGamers. The reason you are not realizing this is because you dont have 50 cents in your hand every week. Instead It will be more like 100 bucks every couple months. Seriously have you even logged into UOGamers and taken a look at what's to come?

I appologize to the community for my rant, but I am so sick of the dev Team being slammed because god forbid they might enjoythemselves some of the time.

S

shadeuo

well yes to tell you the truth i never played uogamers till about 2 weeks ago and im lovin it. tho me being "the new guy" was a pain in the ass. there are way to many pk's on the shard and these are not your norm pk's these guys just kill to kill i mean im mining and get pk'd whats with that? and then they taunt about "OWNED" yes it took 5 of em like 5 minutes to kill my miner so who was owned really? uo gamers needs a small spot for newb's. in most cases its impossible to play there. as far as a new release im in no hurry just when one of the devs says "whos ready for a new runuo release?". people start to get there hopes up and now its almost 3 weeks later and no release. guess this is the least you could expect. but anyway runuo is and has in my eyes been the best emu since like beta 12 (bout when i started brousing here) and now with soo many more add ons and getting that much closer to osi than any one my hats off to the run uo dev team. if you need any help let me know.

THANK YOU RUNUO TEAM FOR MAKING THIS ALL POSSIBLE :D

Zag

Wanderer
uhm

now you must release Beta 36 :p

:rolleyes:

thx to all RunUO Team for their good job ;)

WoW, I can't believe that the community was just going to let this post slide off into nothingness. This has to be the formost thought on everyones mind, as we all feel that we are ready for the next release. But who can really know weither or not they are ready for a release. Is there some check list that one can preform to make sure that they are ready for a release. No, I don't think so.

Yes, we all say we are ready for the next release but in actual fact, 99% of us will be blown away. No amount of time can truly make us better prepaired for the release that is to come. As Ryan warned, the dev team has been running full throtle and as anyone who logs into UOGamers can tell, just the player experience is way beyond anything we had hoped for. Aside from a select few no one really knows how beautiful it has become from the inside.

I call on the community to post their favorite new feature from their discoveries of the new release as seen on UOGamers. My personal favorite as it stand at the moment is Pet Bonding. Although I would like to see the working plant system implemented, of what is included at the moment Pet Bonding is probably my favorite.

I know there are aspects of the release that some or many of us have not discovered yet. Please feel free to share you thoughts and oppinions and Ryan please forgive me for hijacking your thread. :shock:

Nora

Sorceror
The new release need to have fixed the bug of the client 4.0.1a cause it dont let you login. (sumtimes) :rolleyes: