RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos ready for the next RunUO Release?

Who is ready for Beta 36 you ask? I for one am very excited about the upcoming changes, as is my player base (who frequent UOGamers often just to get a peek at whats to come).

I joined this comunity just over 10 months ago under a different user name. Having used sphere for some time i was wondering what all the buzz was over here at RunUO. Once i downloaded and began to understand its potential I was hooked. The releases have always been timely and content rich. This was almost never the case with sphere.

You ask are we ready, well the simple fact that RunUO in just over a year had more than doubled the size of any other emu comunity speaks for its self I believe. I know of no other freely distributed server code of any kind UO or not that has shown such great strides, and community involvement. Let us all as a community never forget why RunUO has continued to remain on top, "commitment to exelence".

I for one applaud your willingness to, as well as instruction on how to, become involved with development by providing documented research for the team to use. That alone speaks volumes for your belief and commitment to the project. Let us the community take up that torch, and instead of sitting bickering among ourselves further advance the great product we all love.

Ryan you ask are we ready? I ask you are you ready, to assign grunt tasks and then see how ready we as a community are to step up to the chalange. I for one left the sphere comunity at the end of 2002 and have never looked back (not even for a second). I say "Bring it". Let the others whine and complain if they cant run with the "Big Dog" they should stay on the porch.

S

shadeuo

I'll take a copy!! cant wait i only update every 2 betas and im stuck in 34 so 36 would be a very nice addition. thx runuo dev for making all this possible

Ryan,

From top secret sources...I hear Sphere is already on version 99xvfgdf4.56/2....quick quick...we need B36...they may surpase our glory :D

Can't wait for the release...I heard good things about the test shard.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Welll... er... I need the next release cause there's gonna be those new uber command thingies Krrios keeps taunting me with ;) And I need it cause when ther'es bonding in the distro, I can finally update my Shrink script to handle bonded & dead pets...

And I wanna ee how a bunch of the new stuff was scripted, like that UBAH command thing, and the myUO like thingy.

Hm.. what else... Hmm... I know! I'll give you a cookie! ;)

K

Krazy_zack

I haven't seen alot of "fixed for next version" posts so that leads me to believe that there are alot of NEW things added....

*thinks about it and starts drooling*

ME WANT NEW BETA!

Swaileh

Wanderer
I'll see your cookie, and your sixpack, and raise you a bribe for Ryan to release B36 and stop taunting us.. we're like wolves, with Ryan dangling meat above our heads. Except we can't attack Ryan, because he's got this like platemail on, right? And if we did he'd slay us and.. er.. uhm.. what was I saying? *Puts the pipe down* Ugh..

Swaileh please step away from the bong. Ryan being the forthright and upstanding Official he is doesn't accept bribes (slips Ryan another six pack) I am shocked that you would even try to bribe him with cash. (silps Ryan prostitute money). so take your frail attempts at bribery else where ;)

The reasons I need the next release are:

1. To continue to offer the players of my shard the execlent play experience they have come to expect from the name RunUO.

2. To continue to test and report differences from OSI code base.

3. So that I and the persons that I assist may verify that systems that are currently being researched remain stable with future releases of core scripts.

4. So that I will have a reason to send that six pack your way. :D

5. Because I am a greedy bastard, but at least I am appreciative. :D

6. Because there's no place like RunUO. there's no place like RunUO. there's no place like RunUO. (clicks heals three times)

7. My player base is about to over throw me, and take control of the server. I desperatly need to throw them some kibble before they turn on me. :shock:

8. Because I need a fix man just a little one, come on man I'm dying here.

9. Because you are such a generous and kind Master. Master takes care of us, yessssss, yesssss! :D

10. Because you got us hooked on this and now we are hopeless!

11. OMG because i don't have a life, and have nothing better to do than post here. :D

Swaileh

Wanderer
silverwolfe said:
11. OMG because i don't have a life, and have nothing better to do than post here. :D
*Counts silverwolfe's posts* ..really? :twisted: I'm just kiddin' with ya hehe..

S

shadeuo

OK already i keep clicking back here to see if the release is done. boss almost caught me last time. *looses job for runuo* imagine that lol

Trixie

Wanderer
*jumps up and down on the chair waving her hands*
Pretty please!!
*steals a cookie when no one is looking*