RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you like UO?

Why do you like UO?

Are most of us big Ultima fans and love UO for that reason above all else?

Or, do you just find UO to be more appealing than other MMORPG's?

Or, do you find a variety of them appealing?

Personally, I'm the first.

Quinox

Sorceror
I like UO because you're not forced to a certain role. You can do anything you want. You aren't going about to beat it. You're just living it. :)

S

soundwav

i like uo cause it can have 1000's of people on at one time and doesnt cause to much lag tho i would love to see a dnd game that was like that they just dont have one. i play dnd every sunday and have been doing so for the past 3 years. if they made a good dnd game with lower end graphics that could have 1000's of people and had all of the dnd rules in it i would change to that in a second. but cause they do not i say with uo cause its the closest thing to what i want out of a MMORPG.

S

soundwav

i never played any ultima game befor ultima online seemed like a fun multiplayer online rpg cause my cus was playing it so i tryed it but i like dnd better but like i said there is no dnd game worth while to play cause i want 1000's of people on at one time makes for interesting game play

Spooky

Wanderer
Why i like it

Never really played the ultima games but have played RPG's like DND for many many years and when UO came out it was described to us as DND online.

Well we very quickly discovered is wasnt anything like DND but we all got hooked anyway, prob because it was an RPG of sorts and we all like that kind of thing.

Does anyone else that has played since the start think that UO then and now are two completly different games? some changes have been good like skill locks others well.

I remember when T2A was first released if you didnt have it there was no spawn they lowered the spawn in normal lands to such a point that it was a miricle to see a monstor even in a dungeon (thank you OSI for trying to force people to buy it).

billy6guns

Wanderer
Well...for me it was (like soundwav said) the closest thing to DnD available. and that there was no plot line to follow, you cant beat the game and get bord after beating it again, you can be almost anything you want to be. you dont have a set in stone template that you have to follow. (though necromancy has always been one of the skills i wished osi would implament, and now they FINALLY will)

[code:1]I remember when T2A was first released if you didnt have it there was no spawn they lowered the spawn in normal lands to such a point that it was a miricle to see a monstor even in a dungeon (thank you OSI for trying to force people to buy it).[/code:1]

LoL yeah i remeber that, but i was thankfull that they didnt force us into buying (grr cant spell this) Renissance? .

But of course they did make up for that by forcing us to buy an update code for LBR

gmsmithsword

Wanderer
ahh yes UO

Ahh UO.... a home away from home...

I dont know why i play UO... i just do, it makes me feel like another person (is that a bad thing??).

Re: Why i like it

Does anyone else that has played since the start think that UO then and now are two completly different games? some changes have been good like skill locks others well.

I quit UO shortly after they instituted a stat penalty on murderers and effectively ruined such an integral part of the game, imo. It just wasn't worth the risk unless you were quite skilled in character creation and could create new ones in a day or two.

It sucked to get PK'd, but that was part of the excitement both as a blue and a red.

I had a great deal of fun hunting people for sport, alone, as a archer/theif. I also used to practice being an absolute nusance and gained a good reputation for looting and running and hiding. My character was not strong, but she was smart. hehe.

S

Seth

I love uo because of the all the possibilities ther is in the game : diffenrent clothing, houses, mounts and also the fact that there is no "class" like in every other damn games. It's an unique concept in a world of copies.

X

Xplain

i like being powerful =P competing for the best

i also like it when there is a lot of players on, makes UO much much better

Etalicus

Sorceror
:evil:
going on from 5 years of playing its funny it never got old for me
most games you player none stop for about a month if its a real good
game shoot this is now going on 6 years and its stronger now with
all the player run shards than its ever been and its all because there
isnt any script we are to follow we all choose what we wish to do
and only deal with the actions we cause.
:twisted:

D

DSimmon

Actually, thanks to Etalicus i got hooked. He introduced me to UO and the world of emu's, and how you can do anything you want. Installed, patched, played, and got hooked.

Ayrius

Wanderer
I like UO 'cause the Ultima series!!!
Not much people know that have Ultima games and they are realy old... :?

BtDMH

Wanderer
It has the right mix of everything a MMORPG should have ... everyone else iss too much of this, or too much of that.