RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will someone help me?

Will someone help me?

Well, I can play my shard, But I wanna if you can play my shard, Somebody try and connect to my shard. If you are/can msg me on here please. Also, It would be nice if you played for a little while and told me what I need to do next.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I can log on for you real quick to test connectivity but I don't have time to play on it. If you would like me to test connectivity, PM me with IP and port.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I'm using 6.0.12.3... I did connect and got to verifying account but it never made it past there. Do you have your server set up to only accept v5 clients?

Err, I'm a newb....And no. It just stops on Verify if you're 6 or higher on patch. You gotta have around 5.0.9.1 Patch, And that's going to cause a problem. The odds of someone stopping there patch to play my shard are slim if they even exist...So, Explain.

Morxeton

Sorceror
What does your RunUO console look like after it loads? It doesn't say something about restricting to a specific client version does it?

What version of RunUO are you running?

1.0.0, .NET 2 isn;t compatible with my PC...So, Meh...But, When it loads its just....Black. Like a windows command prompt. So, If ya can help me...Please, Do.

Morxeton

Sorceror
What OS are you running? .NET 2.0 should be compatible with all OSes back to Windows 98 (I believe). RunUO v1.0.0 will not work with the latest client.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit and .NET 2.0 works just fine for me. Are you having problems with the .NET 2.0 installation or is it installed but when trying to launch RunUO 2.0 it does not work? You could always try reinstalling the framework, but it is also possible that RunUO 2.0 isn't configured properly which is why it isn't working.

Morxeton

Sorceror
You said you were running Vista 64-bit so click here to download .NET Framework 2.0 64-bit

Run the installer and if it prompts you to repair select it and click next, otherwise just click next through all the prompts.

After you reinstall the framework, launch RunUO 2.0 and see if it works. If you are having problems with it still, take a screen shot of the console window and paste it here then explain the problem you are experiencing

Morxeton

Sorceror
Ah whoops just did some digging, you can't install .NET 2.0 on Vista, as Vista doesn't need it. It comes with .NET 3.0 which apparently has 2.0 embedded in it. Have you tried running RunUO 2.0?

Oh...Well, Lemme patch up a little. Or Do I have to? I'm on patch 5.0.9.1, So, If I patch up do I have to re-install UO to unpatch??

Heres the error message/thing.

It shows that I created the acount, So...I try logging in. It stops on Verifying. Then the RunUO window pops up above the UO window and restarts as if it just opened. HELP

Morxeton

Sorceror
Sounds like the server is crashing. Check your RunUO directory for crash logs and copy/paste the contents of the latest crash log into this thread. Use the code tags for easier reading.

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.1434
Time: 2/4/2009 2:18:09 PM
Mobiles: 2418
Items: 99860
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 70.41.181.164: (account = InsaneBane1)

Exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced
at System.Net.IPAddress.get_Address()
at Server.Network.AccountLoginAck..ctor(ServerInfo[] info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.AccountLogin_ReplyAck(NetState state)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

^^^^ That's it.

Morxeton

Sorceror
I guess I should have tried running RunUO on Vista myself. I run it on a Server 2003 box. Anyways, I found this article in the FAQ forum:

Getting RunUO 2.0 to work on Vista

It seems as though you will need to run the latest SVN to get RunUO to work on Vista, otherwise you would have to make changes to the core.