RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will someone help me?

Yes, I am very sure. As I said. I'm new....But i'm not stupid. And i'm not exactly the best computer programmer if one at all. So, If you're going to make fun of me....Please, Don't bother.

I'm not expecting for this to go big time, But I wanna test around with this. Eventually I may run a serious one. And Yeah. I wanna run a server.

Aenima

Wanderer
Ace_Of_Spades;789872 said:
Yes, I am very sure. As I said. I'm new....But i'm not stupid. And i'm not exactly the best computer programmer if one at all. So, If you're going to make fun of me....Please, Don't bother.

Certainly not my intention. There are a lot of people that start out with motivation to run a server but have little to no background knowledge about the technology that allows it and how to use it to achieve their goals.

You'll find there's a steep learning curve involved. Persevere. To answer your question about the batch files, batch files - Google Search. I use Google *all* the time to solve coding problems, and I consider myself to be adept. There's no shame in it, and usually it will find a better (and faster) answer than searching the forums here. Of course, if it's a question/problem specific to RunUO (which it usually isn't), then it is best to search this site.

I'd also read any introductory C# tutorial you can find so that you can understand the fundamentals of what's going on "under the hood".

Good luck.

IP is 70.41.181.164

Port is 2593.

I think you need an ultima client patch around 5.0.9.1.
But, I'm not sure. And I can't use RunUO 2.0.0. Because I'm on vista home premium 64bit.
I've got .NET 3.5 and everything. My friend tried to connect....Stops on verifying account.
She's at patch 5.0.9.1 and used right port ip and all....Nothing. So if you can connect, Please let me know.

I made a compile file and it says some weird stuff. And paint on my computer is screwy so, I'll try and type it in...
'csc.exe' is not an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I tried to connect, I have 5.0.9.1, but it did stop at verifying account. If you can get this working and its a good shard, if you want me, I will stay on it. I am an RP fan.