RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World errors...

Macil

Sorceror
World errors...

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1841 items, 508 mobiles)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.ShadowWisp
- Serial: 0x000000BE
Delete the object? (y/n)

I keep getting this error on startup. No files have been changed since the last time I put my server up. No files were changed to my knowledge, that is. My friend did come over to put up a MySQL server on my computer or something, he did some work to get me a message board using PHPbb2, but I'm not sure how it could have (if even) interfered with UO. Is there a chance it could have? - I'd ask my friend but he's out of contact with me for a while. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alari

Wanderer
Check your ShadowWisp file, it sounds like the serialization/deserialization doesn't match. You have to serialize variables and deserialize them in the same order.

Macil

Sorceror
Sorry I'm replying so late to my own post. I've loaded RunUO on a seperate computer in my house, with a copy of my server files on that computer and started reinstalling all my old files one by one (I've found this to be effective for finding problems in the past). I've narrowed the problem files down to everything in the \RunUO 1.0\Saves\Mobiles folder. The second I unload my old files into the new server folder, overwriting the files in the \Mobiles folder, everything goes silly. Giving me random errors on different monsters. Something about serials. Hope this added info helps to find a resolution to my problem.

Phantom

Knight
If you modfied your BaseCreature that would be the cause of this error.

Its the only way you could get this error.

Macil

Sorceror
That's really bizarre though, because I haven't done a single change to the server in months. The only thing I've accessed lately was the shortcut I made for it in my start menu to run the server. But I'll play around with the basecreature script to see what I can do.

Macil

Sorceror
I've replaced the basecreature script with the original from the default RunUO package and I'm having trouble still. I did happen to install Nerun's distro a couple months ago, but it's worked fine without any trouble. Could it be having an effect on my files?

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
I've replaced the basecreature script with the original from the default RunUO package and I'm having trouble still. I did happen to install Nerun's distro a couple months ago, but it's worked fine without any trouble. Could it be having an effect on my files?

Delete the invalid objects till the world spawns.

As long as its not your PlayerMobile its fine to remove them.

What can I say, this error can ONLY happen from modifying the scripts.

Macil

Sorceror
Well. After hitting delete it does the following...

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1842 items, 505 mobiles)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.Troll
- Serial: 0x0000A357
Delete the object? (y/n)
y
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
y
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Then, after hitting 'Y,' the following window pops up, after pressing enter, it gives more errors.

And then gives me more errors (in the server window)

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=False, mobiles=True, guilds=False, regions=
False, type=Server.Mobiles.Troll, serial=0x0000A357) ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamE
xception: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
at Server.BinaryFileReader.ReadUShort()
at Server.Skill..ctor(Skills owner, SkillInfo info, GenericReader reader)
at Server.Skills..ctor(Mobile owner, GenericReader reader)
at Server.Mobile.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
at Server.Mobiles.Troll.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
at Server.World.Load()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Macil

Sorceror
What part of this text was it you didn't understand?

Actually, none of it. I don't really understand what exception it's making for anything. Or why it's making my server go crazy and shutting down. I've been using my server for almost 3 years now on and off. And all throughout it I've been running into little problems like this every now and then. But I usually seem to figure out what silly mistake I've made or what the problem is so I at least know what to look for when trying to fix it. This one's really got me pretty confused.

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
Actually, none of it. I don't really understand what exception it's making for anything. Or why it's making my server go crazy and shutting down. I've been using my server for almost 3 years now on and off. And all throughout it I've been running into little problems like this every now and then. But I usually seem to figure out what silly mistake I've made or what the problem is so I at least know what to look for when trying to fix it. This one's really got me pretty confused.

Delete the invalid objects, by following the prompts.

The server will crash which is normal.

Macil

Sorceror
I'll try that, but out of curiosity, how long am I going to have to do this for? Every time I do it and the server crashes (then start it up again), it gives me the same error, but with a different creature. Will I have to do it for every creature seperately like this?

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
I'll try that, but out of curiosity, how long am I going to have to do this for? Every time I do it and the server crashes (then start it up again), it gives me the same error, but with a different creature. Will I have to do it for every creature seperately like this?

Till you delete all the invalid objects, if you no longer have the offending code you will only have to delete the invalid objects once.

This might not even fix the problem, without knowing what you did, I cannot give you better advice.

Macil

Sorceror
Well, it's sure worth a try I guess. I'll let you know when it stops yelling at me about the creatures. Or until I see it repeat one it's already had me delete (it hasn't so far).

Macil

Sorceror
I hate to sound impatient, but is there a faster way to delete these files? I've been at it for like an hour. They don't seem like they're ever going to end! Heh.

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
I hate to sound impatient, but is there a faster way to delete these files? I've been at it for like an hour. They don't seem like they're ever going to end! Heh.

You could wipe your shard...

Quantos

Lord
Have you tried shutting down your shard, and then deleting the saves directory?
That will take you back to the bare bones, but sometimes it's just easier to start over than it is to take the long way around. You could just try moving the saves directory to your desktop or to any place outside the RunUO directory, at least that way you have an option to reverse if you change your mind after the process.

Macil

Sorceror
*Sigh* I was afraid of that. My shard's been up for 2 years, even though just my girlfriend and I play it. We've put a lot of time into making it a fun place for ourselves. I guess I could try that though.

Alari

Wanderer
You could try just answering "Y" until it deletes all the invalid mobiles. It might end up deleting every basecreature in the game (including pets) but if your playermobile doesn't have an error then you won't have to start completely over. (Just wait for the world to respawn)