RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World errors...

Macil

Sorceror
Thats what I've been doing, only I've been working on it in shifts,heh. I've been doing it or an hour or so then I'll take a break. So far I swear it has had me delete like 100-200 things. Last night I think I was doing the hand motion in my sleep. "y - y - enter - enter - enter - enter - y - y - enter... Etc." Heh. Oh well, I'll have to see if the list of things I have to delete will end later on when I get home for work. So far, thanks for all the suggestions and help guys. I really appreciate it!

Alari

Wanderer
Macil said:
Thats what I've been doing, only I've been working on it in shifts,heh. I've been doing it or an hour or so then I'll take a break. So far I swear it has had me delete like 100-200 things. Last night I think I was doing the hand motion in my sleep. "y - y - enter - enter - enter - enter - y - y - enter... Etc." Heh. Oh well, I'll have to see if the list of things I have to delete will end later on when I get home for work. So far, thanks for all the suggestions and help guys. I really appreciate it!

It sounds like you'll have to do that for every basecreature in the game, however many there are. Did this "just happen" with no modifications to any scripts? Or did something change? (RunUO Core, distro scripts, an added package?)

Macil

Sorceror
----------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED
----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, a quick update to what I said a second ago. My girlfriend decided to take over the engine file deleting and after like six server restarts the server started up 100% with no errors! We're able to log into the game now using our old accounts, the only problem is they seem to be whiped clean. Our houses are missing in the game (but the items remain there - unlocked and decaying) and our characters are also missing. Any ideas?

Macil

Sorceror
Ahh! I'm sorry if I'm pestering anyone. But I feel like I've ALMOST got this stupid thing resolved. I don't know why I didn't try this in the beginning, but I loaded the backup folder and used it to overwrite my saves (I think that's how you're supposed to use it), then I loaded up the server and it worked fine.

This was on a seperate unmodified folder of my server (I made several copies of the server folder before I started tampering with anything). So to make a long story short, it's working 95% fine now, I just can't seem to get the houses to load. Am I not copying a file over with the backups?

Alari

Wanderer
Macil said:
Ahh! I'm sorry if I'm pestering anyone. But I feel like I've ALMOST got this stupid thing resolved. I don't know why I didn't try this in the beginning, but I loaded the backup folder and used it to overwrite my saves (I think that's how you're supposed to use it), then I loaded up the server and it worked fine.

This was on a seperate unmodified folder of my server (I made several copies of the server folder before I started tampering with anything). So to make a long story short, it's working 95% fine now, I just can't seem to get the houses to load. Am I not copying a file over with the backups?

Try removing or renaming the old saves folder and copying the backup over. (Don't move it, just copy it) It might be a problem with the file defining houses not being the latest. Or if you have house decay on it might have been too long a time between when the server was shut down and when it started back up.

Macil

Sorceror
That's weird because I've had a player on my shard not log into it for over a year and his house is still there, so I don't think it has to do with house decay. But I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying about the renaming the saves folder thing. What would that do exactly?

Alari

Wanderer
Macil said:
That's weird because I've had a player on my shard not log into it for over a year and his house is still there, so I don't think it has to do with house decay. But I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying about the renaming the saves folder thing. What would that do exactly?

The server looks for a folder named "Saves", so if you rename it to "Saves.NotWorkingRight" instead of deleting it, it's the same thing (and you can go back to it if needed) Try one of your backup directories in it's place, copying the directory to the RunUO root directory and renaming it to "Saves"

Macil

Sorceror
Sorry if I'm still not following 100% with you, but I did try a backup folder. I used the one labeled 'most recent.' And everything's working fine but the houses. The items in the houses are all there, but the actual houses appear as if they've been deleted. I think I alreayd sai dthat.... But that's what's happening.

Macil

Sorceror
I posted this a while ago (about a week or so ago) and I am still having this problem. If anyone can help me figure out why my houses on my shard are missing and the items are all still present, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
I posted this a while ago (about a week or so ago) and I am still having this problem. If anyone can help me figure out why my houses on my shard are missing and the items are all still present, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The houses most likely decayed.

Disable the decay, and load up a backup with them still there.

Macil

Sorceror
Well that's the weird thing Phantom. I've loaded all my backups (like 10 different folders worth) and they're all decayed. But let me double check and try disabling the decay thing like you said. I'll get back to you.

Serp

Sorceror
Macil said:
Well that's the weird thing Phantom. I've loaded all my backups (like 10 different folders worth) and they're all decayed. But let me double check and try disabling the decay thing like you said. I'll get back to you.
House decay counts RL time, not shard uptime time. This means that if you leave the shard down for 20 days all houses will decay when you boot it up again, no matter what backup files you're using.

Macil

Sorceror
Phantom, and everyone else. My girlfriend says she's in love with you people for helping us fix our shard! Everything seems to be up and running now perfectly (house decay being disabled worked). Thanks a ton everyone!