RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Spy - World file editor

Phantom

Knight
Guys lose the god damn color words, its so anyoing.

This program allows you to edit the world and delete/edit items in the world.

Read the first post and follow the directions.

If you want help you will have to explain your question in more detail and do not use color, if you do, I won't help you.

Arya

Wanderer
k0t said:
Great work! :D
But would it be possible to sort the list of items/mobs? So I can easily remove items/mobs from a facet for example or of a certain type.

Yes, I'll add that as well. Still not sure when though as I'm out of town for a few days.

If you can't understand what the script does from the description, you probably shouldn't use it or you just risk loosking your shard.

Kamron

Knight
Arya, I meant this.. You have lets say BaseArmor which derives from Item. If you change it IN SCRIPT to BaseArmor derives from BaseItem which derives from Item. Would it be possible, to prevent RunUO from loading the world (so you dont ruin the world trying to load it) with your script, and actually change the derivation of all items which use BaseArmor.

So instead of like PlateHelm -> BaseArmor -> Item
you change it (in the world) to PlateHelm -> BaseArmor -> BaseItem -> Item
granted these changes were already made in the code?

Also, I do know that if BaseItem was a blank class, you could do that, but that does not help 90% of the people, becuase you cannot change it without corrupting the world regardless.

If this is definately outside of the scope of your script, then I apologize, it was just a false hope then ;)

Arya

Wanderer
Well World Spy doesn't load the world file itself, it uses World.Items, World.Mobiles, Guild.List and Accounts.Table, so I'm actually operating only after Deserialization which makes it impossible to manipulate types at that stage.

I'm honestly unsure if RunUO would even load a type whose base type has changed (even if I guess it might be the case if the new base type inhertis from the previous base and adds no serialization properties). If this actually works, you could perform conversion in 2 steps:

1. Script deserialization to read the type as it and initialize the new properties, and script serialization to write the new properties as well.
2. Finalize your deserialization to read the new properties.

As I said I can't really include this in my program because it relies on the RunUO World class and you need to operate before it is created.

Kamron

Knight
I see, arya. Still definately a great script.

Using a net reflector, someone could write a program to load the worldfile like runuo does, although allowing for dynamic changes of the data (since its not being used in any particular way), then reserializing it. Would be a great project, and I think it is doable.

Vidi

Page
Phantom said:
Guys lose the god damn color words, its so anyoing.

This program allows you to edit the world and delete/edit items in the world.

Read the first post and follow the directions.

If you want help you will have to explain your question in more detail and do not use color, if you do, I won't help you.

Ok Ill bite.

I believe the question was, what is the command line?

If I am running Windows XP, do I go to Start - run - then type in Server.exe-WorldSpy?

Sorry if my inexperience seems to border on the stupid, but hey, sometimes the most basic things are the things newbies are the most lost on.

Btw, HOWDY PHANTOM! How goes things?

Yeah, I've been away for awhile. I'm back, though I'm not actively running a public server this time. I just want to play with a server and see what I can do. Once it's all EXACTLY how I want it, I may open one back up.

I REALLY like the MegaSpawner. Very nice work. Would it be possible to add a search for spawner into it. I may be missing it if there is one. Once the spawners get to be numerous, paging through them looking for one that says Zombies can be time comsuming, seeing as it lists them alphbetical.

Thanks in advance for any answers you feel willing to provide,

Vidi

Arya

Wanderer
Yes you can use Start->Run and do as you said, or create a shortcut and modify the command line from its properties.

You can search for MegaSpawner by using the search by type :)

Vidi

Page
Arya said:
Yes you can use Start->Run and do as you said, or create a shortcut and modify the command line from its properties.

You can search for MegaSpawner by using the search by type :)

Using the Start - Run method I copy and paste directly from the Installation.txt provided the following line

Server.exe -WorldSpy

I get a pop up saying Server.exe is not found.

So I placed a shortcut to the server.exe on my desktop and right clicked for porperties. I changed the Traget line ( under the shortcut tab ) to read

"C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\RunUO-Beta-36\Server.exe -WorldSpy"

When I click apply a pop up comes up saying the target is not valid.

My Assemblies.cfg reads as follows:

System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing.dll

and I placed the two scripts ( WorldSpy.cs, WorldSpyForm.cs ) into a folder titled WorldSpy within my scripts folder.

Ok that's everything I have tried and can think of trying. Can you think of what I did wrong?

Axle

Wanderer
Alari said:
"C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\RunUO-Beta-36\Server.exe" -WorldSpy

Unless you moved your entire runuo folder to your desktop, that won't work.
try this: go to start, then select run and type this:
C:\runuo-beta-36\server -worldspy
Press ok.

Alari

Wanderer
What I was trying to show was the quote marks. If there are spaces in the directory name then the path and exe needs to be enclosed in quotes, but only the path and exe, not the -worldspy arg.

Greystar

Wanderer
Kevin18012 said:
Forgive my stupid question. I dont quite understand how to open this? how to I open Server.exe -World Spy?

you need to either A have a cmd prompt
Click Start
Click Run
Type Cmd
navigate to RunUO directory
type RunUO -WorldSpy
or make a shortcut to the exe then go properties then add after the RunUO.exe -WorldSpy
that should show in the box called Target
mine is something like this:
D:\RunUO\Server.exe -WorldSpy

Actually that is exactly what mine looks like

I suppose you could do that with the start/run step except type the
D:\RunUO\Server.exe -WorldSpy
Instead in the run box then hit ENTER

Phantom

Knight
DevilTiger said:
What is the command is DOS? I am not fluent with DOS.

If you want help your going to have to explain yourself better. Very hard to answer somebody if the person trying to answer cannot understand the question.

Vidi

Page
That works great THANKS!

I was enclosing worldspy in quotes as well

thanks again. time to go check it out!

Vidi