RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Spy - World file editor

stormwolff

Knight
DevilTiger said:
How do I open it, better Phantom?

Something similar was already posted once on this page so here goes my attempt and telling you how to do it.

How to use a command prompt or dos window in windows xp

go to your start menu
select run
type in cmd
press enter

a dos window opens

type in cd put your windows directory here see example
example mine is c:\runuo
so I type in cd c:\runuo
press enter

type in server.exe -worldspy
press enter

Server should start up in lock down mode allowing you to connect with worldspy program.

Kamron

Knight
For future reference if you dont know the following -
1) What a DOS prompt is
2) How to follow simple directions
3) What an arguement is for a program
4) How to open programs (use DOS prompt basically)

Then you should not being trying to make a RunUO shard AT ALL.

stormwolff

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
For future reference if you dont know the following -
1) What a DOS prompt is
2) How to follow simple directions
3) What an arguement is for a program
4) How to open programs (use DOS prompt basically)

Then you should not being trying to make a RunUO shard AT ALL.

Might want to add

5. Read a website or read a forum based website

to your list of pre-reqs.

Kamron

Knight
I could add alot more. Its damn ridiculuous. Know how to use notepad, know what UO is and how it works, etc.

ViWinfii

Sorceror
Arya,

Are you planning on converting this to work with the 1.0 release? If not, I'll do my best to convert it. This is really a great script/program to use.

Arya

Wanderer
Yes I'm working on an update but as that might take a little longer, I'll post a RC0 compatibile version later on.

milkman_dan

Wanderer
Unable to Use WorldSpy

Hello

I tried to run this script due to the fact my server needs some major cleanup and i wanted to try this program out. I tried running it in regular worldspy mode/ and debug mode as well, and this is the error i get

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...Error:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: One or more of the types in the a
ssembly unable to load.
   at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Server.Core.VerifySerialization(Assembly a)
   at Server.Core.VerifySerialization()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

anyone know why its doing that or how i can fix it? please and ty

brodock

Sorceror
i need a way to delete items and mobile with map set to null (the only way i saw is using world spy, but it doesn't let me use the search to search, null map items and mobiles (or if i click on the Map "tab" of the table it desn't organize it by alphabetical order... if it does this, will help a lot
(i have at about 33000 itens with this problem and if i try to delete then ingame it crashed the server).

ainis

Wanderer
How about copying items between different savefiles or even different release of runuo? There could be a way to "save" part of the savefiles and "load" it into another one?

Zebit

Wanderer
Hi Arya, I found a little problem, or better an exception not handled. This happens when you try the search selecting Player.

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.(Null reference to an istance of an object)
   at TheBox.WorldSpy.WorldSpyForm.PerformSearch()
   at TheBox.WorldSpy.WorldSpyForm.bFind_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

DeWaYnE

Wanderer
problem running script

Please dont harrass me for this ...But I have read, and read on how to run this program .All that posted did great but mine is being stubborn! or its me ......
When I click Start--> Run and browse for Worldspy this is my command
"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0 RC0\Scripts\Custom Scripts\WorldSpy.cs" then when i click OK world spy opens up in Notepad , i did not change any thing and I followed her directions in installation guide to the T ... :)
any one kind enough to give me a hand??

Arya

Wanderer
You don't run the WorldSpy.cs file, you must run the server executable: RunUO.exe. And of course use the -worldspy switch as well.

DeWaYnE

Wanderer
So I just run runUo as I have before how Do I apply the switch ?
if I do a search for Server.exe it says its not found, or server.exe-worldspy
looking at my command line above how do you suggest i run it ,,i cant creat a shortcut because it says file not found........

Arya

Wanderer
Creating a shortcut is the best way, people have explained how to do it in the thread. Or you can use Pandora's Box, go to the admin tab, browse for the server executable, and add the -worldspy switch to additional parameters.