RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would it be possible to release the guild from the core

Phantom

Knight
Sure

It would be a challenege but its possible.

I bet i could do it, to bad I am not going to bother trying.

HellRazor

Knight
I'd like it to be possible to be a member of more than one guild - for instance, to use the guild engine to have something like townstones.

HellRazor

Phantom

Knight
HellRazor said:
I'd like it to be possible to be a member of more than one guild - for instance, to use the guild engine to have something like townstones.

HellRazor

But you can't do that on OSI, so if you want it you will have to code support for it.

Phantom

Knight
this.Person=Person.Leet; said:
they already have the code but its in the core it makes things easier if its not in the core

There is nothing to give us, its part of the core. Its sort of like the Item and Mobile classes...

There is NO reason for us to have the Guild class... There isn't anything we can do ourselfs.

Phantom

Knight
this.Person=Person.Leet; said:
are you saying we are stupid and cant program???

Did I say that?

I am saying there is no reason to release the Guild Code, since its not possible and most likely part of the core, it just won't happen.

You can do ANYTHING you want through the code you have access to if your good enough.

NK

Wanderer
what you can do is that you inherit the guild class and do some overrides and the things you dislike.. also OnSingleClick at the mobileplayer, but it is not a real solution i would also like to have it in the open code.. like item (perhaps also mobile), would be helpful to have something like a BaseItem in the runuo.exe but have a inherited item class in open source so you can apply changes to the item without changing every derived class..

About that accessLevel i dont see much sense in scripting an own one since the command handler wont accept them..

note i might be wrong, so perhaps krrios could give a little statement here :)

Phantom

Knight
Yes the Server.Commands.Register won't take them but that doesn't mean the you can't check a mobile property after the fact.

About the Items and Mobiles classes, this is not possible its been said several times that the code is part of the code. You know all those overrides we have? Well its just packet checks and that sort of thing, nothing we could use.

About the guilds, you everything you need to do anything you want. BaseItems, BaseWeapons, Player Mobile, Base Creature, ect. You have everything you need to work with...

HellRazor

Knight
Phantom said:
HellRazor said:

HellRazor

But you can't do that on OSI, so if you want it you will have to code support for it.

The whole point of having a emulator that is scriptable is to have the ability to change things. If all anyone wanted was a stock OSI server, there would be no need to allow the ability to script anything. To me, the entire POINT of using RunUO is that it is customizable.

If the answer is "it's possible to inherit the guild class to essentially create a second guild system without taking the guild system out of the core", that's what we are looking for. But to say "if you can't do it on OSI, there is no reason for the devs to allow it" is pretty much defeating the purpose of having a customizable emulator. We can't have unlimited maps on OSI either, but I notice that's a (very welcome) part of the latest RunUO release.

Phantom

Knight
I am saying that if you want to do this, you will have to code it. Yes it possible to have a new guild class. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do it.

The Guild Class is part of the Core it cannot be release ( I assume since the Mobile and Item classes are ). But just like the Item and Mobile classes you can make a new child class and use that.

People don't seem to read what I type..

* points out the fact he said the following: *

IF YOU want it YOU will have to CODE support for it.

Yes perhaps the Guild Class is not in the core and this is a pointless argument since it will be in the next release. Buts lets just assume :) that it isn't and we will have to use a child class to "Change" the Guilds

HellRazor

Knight
The thing is, not everyone (like me for instance!) knows that the basic engine can be used without actually taking it out of the core. Still learning the emulator and the scripting language. :)

A better answer would be "there's really no need to take it out of the core, all you need to do is (insert simple explanation here)". :) Not baggin on ya, its just that we're not as knowledgeable as some of you guys and can use the help so we're not making things harder on ourselves than we need to.

Phantom

Knight
HellRazor said:
The thing is, not everyone (like me for instance!) knows that the basic engine can be used without actually taking it out of the core. Still learning the emulator and the scripting language. :)

A better answer would be "there's really no need to take it out of the core, all you need to do is (insert simple explanation here)". :) Not baggin on ya, its just that we're not as knowledgeable as some of you guys and can use the help so we're not making things harder on ourselves than we need to.

I said it was not needed, I didn't give an example because I don't want to give you an example, because that would require me to give you a working example. That means I have to spend an hour to figure out what would be correct.

Thats to much work for just one post, I have no use for that.